50 minutes ago, grohl said:

This is just an artificial hill in the middle of nowhere in Denmark.

Anyway, my first alternate of 42124 is here.

Nice creation, I was waiting for alternates for this set - it has quite limited parts amount, so it is a real challenge to build something else but the original model (with 1 or 2 motors :laugh:).

The only thing that I don't like - the roof connectors weakens. The parts used on the rear side are quire fragile and they takes all the load while the front ones (the A-pillars) are flexible enough. So, they may crack easily when the model rolls over. However I still 100% OK with it, as the model is low-heavy enough and has no so big off-road capabilities, so the risk is mostly theoretical.

Always put's a smile on my face to see your creativity for these builds :-)

Afaik, the 42100 was given the working title "Elephant" .... we are waiting! :D

This alternate build of the JEEP Wrangler Rubicon 42122 is based on Baja versions of Volkswagen Beetle. The model features pendular suspension on the front axle and sprung suspension on the rear with high travel, front axle steering, working 4-cylinder in-line engine connected to the rear axle, working winch with a ratchet, opening doors, bonnet and engine cover. The Baja Beetle has a spare tyre on the rear, a roof light bar, side dual exhausts. The finished model measures : 27 cm in length, 13 in width and 12.5 in height. Turning a boxy Jeep into curvy Beetle was a big challenge but I am happy with the final result. Instructions made by MrTekneex 

51039119633_8675cd5c9d_b.jpg51039942297_1ff3d76e25_b.jpg

Edited by grohl

Again, this is just stunning for a B/C-model...

I wonder if TLC will ever come up with an actual A/B-model of a licenced technic car, for example of an old/new version (like the MOC of the 10265 Mustang).

Looks excellent @grohl, kudos!

Honestly, im a bit disappointed in lego for dropping B models on most sets these days, while in general i dont really care that much for B-models, some sets have excellent alternates, where i prefer the B over the A model (like 42093)

Thanks everybody!

In the meantime I created a few more 42117 alternates and the Baby Dragon is the first one of them. The model has more than 30cm wingspan and features synchronized wing movement, poseable tail, feet and ear flaps.

Stegosaurus - LEGO Technic 42117 H Model with FREE INSTRUCTIONS!

My 6-th unofficial model of the 42117 Race Plane. The Stegosaurus has poseable leg, articulated tail and while moving its back from side to side it sweeps the spiky tail against its enemies.

A-Wing Lego Technic 42117 I Model

is my 7th unofficial alternate of 42117 and it has functioning landing gear with synchronized leg movement. Even though the proportions are a bit off due to the limiations of parts, it still looks recognizable and is very sturdy.

May the Fourth be with you.

800x800.jpg

800x800.jpg

Edited by grohl

I have not seen these last two, awesome again I am a big fan of your work.

Edited by jorgeopesi

May the force be with you, Grohl! It's an amazing alternate just right for the 4th of May! :thumbup:

Please allow me to introduce my second Land Rover Defender 42110 alternate
Mad Max: Fury Road Clawcar #2
is based on Plymouth Barracuda 1968 Coupe
The car measures 67.5cm in length with the plow lowered, 20.5cm in width and 23.5 cm in height.
The features include:
4 Wheel Drive including central differential
4-Speed Manual Gearbox
V8 Engine with moving pistons and additional details
Front Independent Suspension
Rear 3-link Live Axle
Front axle steering via HOG or Steering Wheel
Rear Plow with quick release drop and winch mechanism with ratchet to raise it
Harpoon gun with a trigger and 2-axis movement (effective range around 2 meters)
Roof gun with 2-axis movement
Opening doors with handles and locks
6 Side Exhausts, huge Roof Air Intake, Gearwheel details inside the cab, Driver and Gunner seats, platform for the Plow operator
Due to lack of reference footage and images and restrictions of the element volume given by the 42110 set, some section might be inaccurate but I tried my best to do what felt and looked right.

1280x853.JPG

1280x853.JPG

Actually you managed that ugly beast looks nice in Lego :thumbup:

Great work!! Impressive list of features, and all of them look to be very well implemented. Has the string been cut in half? A worthwhile sacrifice to experience this MOC, though. 

Would you be willing to share an image detailing the rear suspension? Is it an adapted version of your Stadium Truck?

@I_Igor I do like the design of the movie car and to me it is one of the coolest ones.

@Pattspatt I used mainly for the photo a second one but cutting it in half would work too since the range of the plow is not so big. The harpoon shoots even with the string attached but flies much better without it.

The rear suspension uses similar principle to the Stadium truck one but has only 3 links due to the space needed for other things inside the model. It responds still really well but needed to be made harder. The plow is far behind it and weighs quite a lot. Luckily the suspension stiffness is really easy to adjust on this model.

@Shiva Thank you.

V8!

On 4/8/2021 at 9:30 AM, grohl said:

In the meantime I created a few more 42117 alternates 

I bought this set just to build your alternates - same as I did with the Corvette.

It's clear you struggled for pins with the Kingfisher, but it's amazing what you created with the limited parts available, and so unexpected from the base model! 

Edited by amorti

Chameleon

My 8th unofficial alternate of 42117 Race Plane is a Chameleon with pose-able legs and tail, the head can move from side to side and when you move the tail up and down the head follows thanks to a simple gear train.

750x750p.jpg