42102 Trial Truck with pendular rear axle and working steering.

42071 Tractor with Plow features a front axle steering via the smoke stack, opening bonnet and a raising plow in the back.

My 6th alternate build of the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093. The Classic American Car features front axle steering, working V8 engine, opening doors, bonnet and trunk, adjustable antenna, mirrors and foldable seats. With 28.5 cm length and 13.5cm width it is as well the biggest alternate I build from the set. WARNING! Requires two extra gearwheels for the headlights!

@grohl: Cool vehicle :thumbup: - though I have to say, I like the front more than the rear, but that may change when I have it in front of me for real! Great alternate build idea for this set, 42093 is just a top set. The bonnet stickers fit very well together - I haven't used mine until now, but the way you combined them looks just awesome.

I think the front made a ltitle longer would also make a good start for a C1 Corvette with four headlights.

@grohl Whenever I see the title of your topic in feeds I'm getting thristy for my favourite beer as I grew up next to the brewery :)
Sorry for the OT (although it is about the title of your topic).

2fdad17e3ebb90d7c043096a955f7fa8.jpg

Edited by Berthil

This thread is pure gold. Thanks grohl for all those creations, they sure do impress and inspire :)

On 3/27/2020 at 12:24 PM, grohl said:

My 6th alternate build of the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093...

I've actually just ordered 2x of this set, mostly because of your alternate models!

Edited by amorti

On 4/21/2020 at 10:50 AM, amorti said:

I've actually just ordered 2x of this set, mostly because of your alternate models!

I built the A and B models, and the LMP2 car so far.

I think I'll do the WRC next!

Your stadium truck took the Land Rover from "meh" to "I'll get that when it hits 30% off".

1 hour ago, amorti said:

Your stadium truck took the Land Rover from "meh" to "I'll get that when it hits 30% off".

...he said to the set designer himself. nice

Just now, Bartybum said:

...he said to the set designer himself. nice

What can I say? The land rover looks great, but I like generalised vehicles better than licensed sets, and I don't need an 8 speed gearbox.

As for 30%? I'm tight :pir_laugh2:

Edited by amorti

This might be my biggest alternate build ever using the parts from the largest LEGO Technic set 42100. The PDF instructions for this model will be coming in the future.

Weight: 2.68kg, Length: 60cm, Width 37cm, Max. Height 42cm.

Motorized Functions include:

Drive of both tracks

Raising front blade

Tilting front blade

Raising tiller attachment

Rotating winch

Winding the winch string

Manual Features:

Adjustable front blade side sections

Raising winch boom

Tilting cab

Opening doors

Windshield wipers

Tilting and rotating steering wheel/yoke

Rotating gearwheels in the tiller

3 independently moving tiller sections to smoothen the snow

Adjustable angle of lights and mirrors

Epic build Milan! I do not own this set, nor do I intend to buy it (I'm one of those guys that sticks with 'good old PF', and my budget is not endless...) but this machine has both the looks and the functions you'd expect. Works perfect as a stand alone MOC, but even more impressive as an alternate (although the partcount of 42100 helps here...).

I understand you want to promote your model, but calling manually adjustable angles for lights and mirrors a feature is on the edge I think. I personally just would've mentioned I wasn't able to fix 'em in place :laugh:. Anyway, that's just nitpicking, don't take it too seriously.

And people, watch the vid until the very end, it has an ending that put a smile on my face for about an hour:sweet:. That's a nice thing in these grim times.

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

I understand you want to promote your model, but calling manually adjustable angles for lights and mirrors a feature is on the edge I think. I personally just would've mentioned I wasn't able to fix 'em in place :laugh:. Anyway, that's just nitpicking, don't take it too seriously.

I do not. This was just an homage to one of my colleagues who always mentions this in the description of his models.

51 minutes ago, grohl said:

This was just an homage to one of my colleagues who always mentions this in the description of his models.

:laugh_hard::thumbup: 

I'm curious now, but I won't ask:wink:

15 hours ago, grohl said:

This might be my biggest alternate build ever using the parts from the largest LEGO Technic set 42100.

Great alternative set! Now, Liebherr only has to start building Snow Groomers :laugh:

How many parts did you use, or better speaking, how many are left of this set? Maybe there are enough parts left to do a ski lift pole with one gondola just in the same size as the model? :wink:

I would say it roughly uses 2500 parts, but I might be totally wrong. When the PDF instructions are ready we will all find out.

My 2nd unofficial model of 42104 with opening doors, detailed engine and unprotected front axle so watch out when driving into furniture!

4 hours ago, grohl said:

My 2nd unofficial model of 42104 with opening doors, detailed engine and unprotected front axle so watch out when driving into furniture!

Wow! I thought it was a Corvette's B-model looking on the preview but then realized that it's in a way smaller scale. I love your alternate models but such small ones are pure genius due to a hard challenge of limited parts number and types. :thumbup:

RC Dakar Buggy from the times when some of you were not even alive ... just kidding 1f642.png:)

... from the times when those red panels were still affordable... :wink:

250x250p.jpg

Anyway, I love this kind of frugal design! :laugh: