On 1/30/2017 at 5:38 AM, grohl said:

The reason might be that I first touched the set two weeks ago. We all have our tasks to do and this was built during two evening sessions in my free time.

You're more creative C Models (birds, dragons, this hover craft) are a much better marketing tool for selling sets if they were used as the B Model in my opinion.  I bought the bird/helicopter set for parts and never built the A model but I'll be building a bird now.  The ultralight helicopter wasn't interesting to me either but I'm really liking the hovercraft!    Nice work.

I love the 42093 as a parts pack and that is the reason why I already made 3 alternate builds from it. The Formula and the Pickup Truck already have video instructions made. The latest one - Le Mans Racer is so far my favourite.

https://youtu.be/qm4tMfbYaco

Racing Pickup - LEGO Technic 42093 C Model

Edited by grohl

Let Man's racer is very cool :thumbup:

I think you can put even ordinary V6 or V4 LEGO fake engine inside...

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, grohl said:

I love the 42093 as a parts pack and that is the reason why I already made 3 alternate builds from it. The Formula and the Pickup Truck already have video instructions made. The latest one - Le Mans Racer is so far my favourite.

Same here. Your Pickup Truck was actually the main reason for me to order my first 42093 set, I since then heavily modified and motorized it, though I still haven't found an ideal solution for the gearing. I also created a mod/MOC based on the 42093, but couldn't do it w/o some extra parts. Hence I really admire that you could create all these 42093 mods with the parts available in the set.

And the Le Mans Racer is indeed awesome. I think I now have another reason to order my 4th 42093! :sweet:

Thank you guys. @johnym I like your muscle car a lot.

Here is the instructions video for the Le Mans Racer.

Great C-D-E (etc... :sweet:) models, as usually! I like how the rear wing looks like: a huge downforce is in action, ughhh!

Thank you very much for the instructions! Because of them I bought this set. Your alternative creations make sets much more interesting. Keep up your great work!

9 hours ago, grohl said:

Thank you guys. @johnym I like your muscle car a lot.

Thank you! Glad you liked it. :classic: I now also have a digital version of it, if you wanna give a build a try. But don't expect too much technique, I started all this technic building just around spring of this year.

9 hours ago, grohl said:

Here is the instructions video for the Le Mans Racer.

Much obliged! Looks, like there is plenty of room available for motors - I like that! :sweet: I now only need to wait for a 42093 available for modding.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, grohl said:

https://youtu.be/qm4tMfbYaco

I was in doubt if this set would be to my liking, but after seeing this E model, i decided to buy at first sight :D.

Congrats, the C/D/E really looks awesome.

Edit: i dont know how i missed you on youtube :D subscribed to your channel

Edited by Clawp

To tell you the truth i've always skipped this set when i was looking at the standard model, but after ive saw what Grohl has made with it, i think im going to buy it since its actually one of cheap sets.

Edited by Valkyx

Thank you so much.

I forgot to post this video last week. The instructions will be made after I come back from my Summer vacation in a week and a half.

If you would like to try other types of building instructions for my 42099 4x4 RC Off Road Truck, Philo Hurbain spent a lot of time making these available for you. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ti1mszP8ogzGzP8w9d-S4BqmEdA5mrZ1?fbclid=IwAR01ewiMXFfGZ0LoHNjc8q8kqcXr9DvmUc9RTTZjDGqy4bLozrJ-kxVWVeA Thank you!!!

The video demonstrating the model's capabilities can be found here https://youtu.be/tnxCpVA6M5w with the link for the free video instructions in description

71590018_2448641018561064_72286695324437

11 hours ago, grohl said:
Philo Hurbain spent a lot of time making these available for you.

Very much appreciated! While video instructions are easy to follow I find a lot of time is spend pausing, unpausing and then waiting for the next step.

I did a quick test of the RC chassis for Land Rover Defender and without the body it manages to climb 56° slopes.With the full body attached it manages 45° and with the removed roof rack climbs 48°. I am waiting for the rain to stop to shoot the outdoor footage. The RC MOD uses only the parts provided by 42110 and 42099.

Edited by grohl

@grohl could you please clarify one point you made in the video? Was your original Lego set design for a 2-speed gearbox with locking diff and then it got changed to the 4 speed high/low one with open diff?

@valenciaeric I think you got me a bit wrong - when I mentioned early prototype of the gearbox, I meant prototype for the motorized version. Locking diff makes hardly any sense in a non-motorized model.

Is the 88009 too weak to be used for this 42110 mod, compared to the 22127 used? Control+ = not familiar with, even tho checking some videos + reading.

This RC mod pushes this model from "I would love to get this set" to I "really really want to buy this set".

grohl, my wallet/bank account does not like you at the moment. Sorry :)

I do not think it is possible to use the train hub to control the Defender as I built it - too many motors and incompatibility with the Control + App. I am using as well the planetary hubs and from 42099 so it makes more sense to use other available components from this set + the app works fine just with the screen upside down.

Cheers for the information :)

Planetary hub, that is the 46490 part, I guess it will be connected with 52730

Could  the Old Power Functions work instead of the Control + ? I can not for now afford both 42110 and 42099. But if buying some selected parts from either LEGO or Bricklink, then maybe.

I think the video might hit 5k views this week.