Very nice Dropship grohl. :thumbup: A great alternate model for 8081. Just downloaded the instructions. Will have to build this at some point. :classic:

[bUMP]

As he showed on this previous post in this topic, Grohl (Milan Reindl) added to Rebrickable this Lego 8071 alternate build for his road Scraper. He wrote that it is "My own alternate for 8071. Length-33cm. Functions-Openable door Openable engine cover Working angine Articulated steering Lowering hopper Openable front blade Working Ejector. CAD file created by Baldwin Verhaar."

500x500xMOC-0353.jpg.pagespeed.ic.VgnaX8G5l3.jpg Edited by DLuders

Two fantastic alternatives...

It's too bad we won't get alternatives like these anymore now with Grohl666 working in TLC..

Or won't we?

Maybe DLuders could work some of his magic and make PDF files for these alternatives...

Maybe DLuders could work some of his magic and make PDF files for these alternatives...

I made a pdf of Grohl's instructions for the Dopship, which you can download here :classic:

The photo-sequence Building Instructions for Grohl's 8071 Scraper alternate have been compiled into this PDF file (available for download form SkyDrive). :classic:

Edited by DLuders

Thank you for the PDFs and the praise. BTW I posted the Scraper in July 2011 *oh2* . It appeared on Rebrickable thanks to its admin, not me.

what single or reasonable combination of colors if any do you think I would have the best chance of getting the parts necessary to recreate your Sea Harrier? Flew USMC version in 80's and in awe of your design.

what single or reasonable combination of colors if any do you think I would have the best chance of getting the parts necessary to recreate your Sea Harrier? Flew USMC version in 80's and in awe of your design.

Hi,

Welcome to EB!

Be careful with reviving a two year old topic. Please read the site guidelines, linked in my signature.

Regarding your question; I think red or black are your best options.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/329606

1340570311m_SPLASH.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44159&st=100#entry876029

seaharrier4.png

Hey Grohl your glider is amazing! So far you have the only flying Lego glider in Existence, have you thought about uploading it to Lego ideas?

Hey Grohl your glider is amazing! So far you have the only flying Lego glider in Existence, have you thought about uploading it to Lego ideas?

Chris, please take a look at my previous post in this topic. Don't revive an old topic without adding anything to the conversation.

I will call him "Darth Armstrong".

one of the few times I can honestly, genuinely (in the most literal way) type LOL......

It has been years but I think it is appropriate to show you my latest two additions to the animal alternate collection.

DUCK

is an alternate of the 42040 Fire Plane. It moves the legs, wings and neck while you push it on the ground through the drive train from the bottom wheels that leads into the body of the bird.

00_zpsb8tk6nfh.jpg

BLUE BIRD

was built from my very first official set - the Twin Rotor Helicopter 42020. It can turn the head, you can pose the tail and the wings and they move simultaneously via simple gear drivetrain.

bird001_zpswvmuz6wu.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hey! Welcome back :laugh:

Awesome creations!!

Would you be so kind to embed smaller version of the images :wink:

Thanks

Looking at your models I am always how much you can do with so little :thumbup:

Wow, I have just discovered your amazing alternate creations. Very inspiring and refreshing! Looking forward to your next animals ... :-)

Now that you've been on the Technic Team for a couple of years - do you think you'll ever get to do something as different as this, for an official B Model? or does marketing have too much control/say that, if the A model is a Truck.. the B model needs to be something similar?

It'd be hilarious, for you guys to release an official technic set, as a Duck, or Bird... and the B model is a truck ;)

I see that you have created a folder for the duck and the bird in your brickself gallery. Will you make instructions available? Normally I'm more interested in the big complex builds/MOCs, but your creations make me reconsider. I will go and buy the 42020, your first official Technic set. When I first read your post I did not imagine it was the first official set you conceived. Wow ... Congratulations!

Will you make instructions available?

Not likely. I have less and less time to build and creating instructions always took a lot of time and was not really worth it, sorry. A few detailed pictures might be the maximum I can do if you are really interested.

Looks like you build alternates from your sets?! What about 42052 alternate? Would like to see Mi-24 Hind as 42052 alternate :classic:

I am slowly turning 42052 into a snow wyvern (or two legged dragon - if you will). No military stuff and not another helicopter from a helicopter :)

In case you wanted to build the small bird yourself, these pics should make your job a lot easier.

instrbird001.jpg

instrbird002.jpginstrbird003.jpginstrbird004.jpginstrbird005.jpginstrbird006.jpg