93 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

or maybe only a picture for how to attach rhe front window to the vehicle

You seem to be lucky, someone uploaded this LDD file to Brickshelf (a search for 8404 brought it right up, haven't opened it myself).

This is one of the key issues with current CITY theme. Actually these wheels are OK for buses, trucks etc. but these are off-scale for cars and small vans. However i don't think LEGO will return to those awesome lovely cars with small wheels from Classic town :(

This year's small car (3177) had classic-sized wheels. I too really wished they'd get rid of those big fenders and wheels for regular cars.

This year's small car (3177) had classic-sized wheels. I too really wished they'd get rid of those big fenders and wheels for regular cars.

Er, not really...... classic wheels are not as wide as the tires on 3177..... more like these4624c02.jpg ....of it's real old school 4 wide stuff from the late 70's i remember as a child.

I like the wheels from the mail car or green TS jeep would have been a better choice for sports car wheels !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Er, not really...... classic wheels are not as wide as the tires on 3177..... more like these4624c02.jpg ....of it's real old school 4 wide stuff from the late 70's i remember as a child.

I like the wheels from the mail car or green TS jeep would have been a better choice for sports car wheels !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Even better - use those tyres (part 51011), but with the racers hubs (silver alloy type that come with flat tyres - part 50944pb01) so they look cooler and fit on pegs rather than technic pins. I don't know why Lego have not released any sets combining those tyres and hubs - the wheel hubs are surely available for use in other sets regardless of being Lego Racers parts.

Wow, is this set stateside yet?

I am disappoint at the price, but they're so good. I didnt care much for the tram before, but now that I see it's train-track-able, my opinion of it just went up.

The summer wave of CITY's so damn good.

Took a quick glance at your review and I am even more excited waiting to get mine as well. The sets provided many great transportation vehicles for the mass public and could serve very well to integrate this into a transportation hub into your City like what you have done below. I love this set and I hope I could see this set making its way locally. :wub:

Anyone know when this Puppy is supposed to come out State side...? I can't wait to get this set! If you could power-function the tram it would be freak'n fabulous!

Question;

Does anybody have any interesting way of integrating train (tram) tracks into the road layout?

It is easy enough hiding the track with tiles for the straight sections; but what on earth can be done to hide any curved sections of track?

It is easy enough hiding the track with tiles for the straight sections; but what on earth can be done to hide any curved sections of track?
I've asked the same question in "Train Tech" forum and several links to the similar structures have been provided.

You seem to be lucky, someone uploaded this LDD file to Brickshelf (a search for 8404 brought it right up, haven't opened it myself).

Oops, thats my work, and it's not based on the actual instructions, it's just build from the high resolution foto's shared here on the forum. I made this file to be able to checkout if there was a chance I could motorize this model, but then I came upon a problem in ldd, attaching the frontwindow and posted it. I should have given it another name.

So it's not similar, but looks the same.

Edited by Jan

Greetings! :classic:

Nice review, I am glad to see that the tram can go on tracks. I am a bit disappointed that the TRU stores in the USA (especially in the western states) haven't even gotten the TRU Truck in stock let alone this set. Seems like something is not right :wacko: If TRU waits to much longer to release sets over her in the western side of the states my wallet might end up running off to find something else to catch :wacko:

Edited by Vestabuyer

I'll pass. It all seems to wishy washy. Plus I can't stand the modern cars and 6 wide vehicles. I'm not paying $100 for a green bike.

I think we scared him off. I was really hoping to see more pics of his city.

Plus I can't stand the modern cars and 6 wide vehicle

The problem with the 6 wide is that it's still not really big enough, with doors, to hold 2 people abreast. If you're making a door-less buggy it could work for 2 people.

Edited by crossmr

I think we scared him off. I was really hoping to see more pics of his city.

The problem with the 6 wide is that it's still not really big enough, with doors, to hold 2 people abreast. If you're making a door-less buggy it could work for 2 people.

search for Bachuslego on youtube or member bachus on Brickshelf to see my city crossmr...

I think is a bit of exaggeration. Actually the six-widers are OK as vans/trucks with 2 seats, e.g.:

3649882385_d1d6802065_z.jpg

Though i admit that building "real" car is next to impossible: 6-wide car looks too wide, while 5-wide or 4-wide can not be used to hold 2 figures abreast. That's the price we pay for minifigure proportions...

The good news - 8404 Public Transport & 7848 Toys'r'Us truck were in my local Toys'r'Us today (Coventry UK).

The really bad news - 8404 was a jaw dropping £99.99 & 7848 was just as bad at £39.99.

I cannot see them being big sellers in the UK based on those prices.

I got the Public Transport because I want the tram, but an average member of the public isn't going to like those prices.

Still, looking forward to putting it together this evening.

Cheers,

iTrain.

Thanks for the review! This set is great, and was SO anticipaed!!!

I haven't built everything yet, just the coach bus and the tram. The tram is tottaly awesome.

Only thing I don't like about the coach bus is the door on the drivers side. Most busses have only one door, where the driver and passengers enter. I'm thinking of throwing a window in the drivers door slot and seeing how it looks

At first I was skeptical about this set, but now I'm not too sure. If it wasn't for the price, I would definitely get it. Maybe I'll just wait till it's on sale.

My thoughts exactly. Sale ON!! :laugh:

Any chance somebody can post a video of the tram running while motorised with a 9V motor? Would love to see it in action. :classic:

Haven't seen anyone else bring up this possibility, but once I get the time to sort out my city street, I'm going to modify the tram to use the old monorail wheels and set up all my old monorail track. Already tested the chassis pieces and they'll fit the underside nicely with just a minor plate swap.