Sign in to follow this  
TheOldGamer

Review: 9365 Dacta Community Vehicles

review-9365.jpg

This seems to be my first review. I`ve bough this at very cheap price offer, before 3months, and finally decided to make a small review here at EuroBricks. Here is some information about it:

Name: Community Vehicles

Number: 9365

Theme: Town/Dacta

Year: 1993

Parts: 678

Minfigs: 13

Price: €60 from Bo Hobby Shop

The Green Dacta Bin

IMG_1508.JPG

When I first saw it, I became speechless, because it contains too much Classic Town in one set! :wub:

Contents

IMG_7852.JPG

These are the instructions carboards, and in the back of them...

IMG_7855.JPG

...they have roadplates patterns.

The Inventory (without the bin)

IMG_7861.JPG

Building the set

IMG_7865.JPG

As you can see it`s a very nice and rich inventory, with all the popular Town sets from these years, it`s released.

IMG_7870.JPG

These are all the 13 minifigures.

IMG_7893.JPG

This set is actually 6533-1: Police 4 x 4 and old police motorbike with red wheels.

IMG_7896.JPG

6660-1: Hook & Haul Wrecker

IMG_7899.JPG

6643-1: Fire Chief's Truck

IMG_7903.JPG

Now this is more interesting. It`s the ambulance from 6380-1: Emergency Treatment Center with a red bike.

IMG_7906.JPG

6532-1: Diesel Dumper

IMG_7908.JPG

6524-1: Blizzard Blazer

IMG_7910.JPG

6662-1: Backhoe

IMG_7913.JPG

6594-1: Gas Transit

IMG_7914.JPG

6668-1: Recycle Truck

IMG_7915.JPG

6527-1: Tipper Truck

Leftover Parts

IMG_7924.JPG

The Full Set

IMG_7948.JPG

Final Words

Parts: 9/10 Contains great inventory and a lot of rare Classic Town parts in it.

Minifigs: 10/10 Such a nice pack with great Town minifigures.

Price: 8/10 For €60 it`s very fair price, because at bricklink it ranges from $300 to $350

Build: 10/10 Not too hard, but a smile appeared on my face when I was building my dream sets. :sweet:

After all, it`s one of the best community vehicles packs ever. It`s highly recommended to buy!

Hope you will like this small mini review and comments and criticism welcome! I will only say 'sorry' about the quality of the pictures, but I was too excited, when building it with a nostalgia. :cry_happy:

Nick

Edited by TheOldGamer

Excellent review 'TheOldGamer' - what a way to score a stack of classic town vehioles eh ? :grin:

Nothing like the old school so to speak since they are for the classroom !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for this great review! What an amazing find. So many fantastic parts and designs.

I really like some of the Dacta sets and many of the classic Basic sets which were always a vast source of inspiration. I know there are similar sets today but they just don't seem to have the breadth and depth of these golden oldies :wink:

Great review. I am happy to own this set also MISB and MIB (used with original green storage bin and everything present + in excellent condition).

The windows on the ambulance really do it for me! Oh boy. I used to have one of those some long time ago.

Really amazing that you found this set NEW. The classic town stuff really rocks my boat and you found and nicely documented a treasure trove. Way cool :thumbup: I'd definitely have a smile on my face as-well, putting these together.

That is an amazing find for such a price. I'm surprised any store was still selling it. My favorite vehicle is the backhoe. I don't think TLG has ever made a modern version of it.

Some Dacta sets like this one were compilation of several normal sets from their time period. Others were entirely new designs.

Wow, this set brings back memories!

I remember having this in my classroom in public school. At least I believe it was the whole Dacta kit... it may just have been 6594 Gas Transit, though I seem to recall the whole tub full of parts for the other models.

Anyways... The set contains lots of nice models that seem like they would be perfect for populating a town. As you said, it's a great vehicle pack. It's nice to see that TLC is continuing to make sets like these - 2010 seems to be a very strong year for the Dacta line.

Thanks for the review.