cavegod

UCS Imperial Landing Craft

Those pics on the first page... huge... I gave up on them after a few minutes and browser nearly crashing. I think I saw a arm. Should edit those to the forum guidelines, you know...

Anyway, found your Flickr. Incredible work man. Lovely greebs, nice shaping, the technical feat of building that big!

Those pics on the first page... huge... I gave up on them after a few minutes and browser nearly crashing. I think I saw a arm. Should edit those to the forum guidelines, you know...

Anyway, found your Flickr. Incredible work man. Lovely greebs, nice shaping, the technical feat of building that big!

cheers for the praise!

as for the pictures is everyone on broadband now or still on dial up? they load in seconds on broadband but with dial up they will never load.

cheers for the praise!

as for the pictures is everyone on broadband now or still on dial up? they load in seconds on broadband but with dial up they will never load.

I have DSL, but the lowest plan. I gave up trying to load the pics after 30 seconds.

Whoah! That is really cool! I love how seamlessly you've made the curved body! :thumbup: Amazing.

But I can't help but comment on the hugeness of the pictures...I've uploaded pictures half that size and have been chastised by handfuls of people. And here is one that's much, much larger and it gets frontpaged? :wacko::sceptic:

Anyways, great MOC! :classic:

-Derek

I have DSL, but the lowest plan. I gave up trying to load the pics after 30 seconds.

i'm interested to know what speed of connection you have?

mine is 4mbs but i rarely get that more like 2-2.5mbs

i will swap pics over to flikr so bare with me a mo.

i'm interested to know what speed of connection you have?

mine is 4mbs but i rarely get that more like 2-2.5mbs

i will swap pics over to flikr so bare with me a mo.

The basic plan gets me 'up to' 1.5 mbps, but (and I'm not the one who set up the plan, but it's cheap and I don't need anything faster) I'm using AT&T which apparently means that, like a bunch of other people, I average .3 mbps. :hmpf_bad:

Besides, I wouldn't need anything faster if everyone stuck to forum guidelines and resized pics to 800x600 in the first place! :wink:

Edited by Brickdoctor

The basic plan gets me 'up to' 1.5 mbps, but (and I'm not the one who set up the plan, but it's cheap and I don't need anything faster) I'm using AT&T which apparently means that, like a bunch of other people, I average .3 mbps. :hmpf_bad:

Besides, I wouldn't need anything faster if everyone stuck to forum guidelines and resized pics to 800x600 in the first place! :wink:

300 kbs is still pretty fast but that explains the speed they download at.

links to flikr and brickshelf

Edited by cavegod

300 kbs is still pretty fast but that explains the speed they download at.

links to flikr and brickshelf

It does explain a lot; if you can dowload them in, let's say, 5 seconds, then simple math says it'd take me 30-35 seconds, and then only if that's the only page I have loading. I usually have 3-4 tabs open at any given time, so that would slow things down quite a bit.

Cheers, Pete - cracking effort ! Also great to watch it come together step by step - hope you walk us through your next project in the same way.

You asked a while ago for ideas for the next project. A UCS, you said, but not black, white or grey. How about a Rebublic Cruiser ? All that Red and Dark Red would look very nice ! There will be another official non-UCS version of this ship coming later this year, so a Cavegod UCS MOC would go down a treat I think.....

All the best,

Dr. D.

yes, it is live. An awesome build - looks really good. I am not sure about the use of the Sbrick but many will like it and I assume replacing it would be manageable.

19 minutes ago, Mr Ogel said:

yes, it is live. An awesome build - looks really good. I am not sure about the use of the Sbrick but many will like it and I assume replacing it would be manageable.

You can swap it for the ir receiver.

Hey Pete,

your moc looks awesome, w8ing for this long time :)

Just two questions:

- is there a stand?

-is there a public parts list, so i can check out the parts:)

Regards Max

2 hours ago, muhkuh said:

Hey Pete,

your moc looks awesome, w8ing for this long time :)

Just two questions:

- is there a stand?

-is there a public parts list, so i can check out the parts:)

Regards Max

Hi, yes there is a stand with display sticker ect, no public parts list at present.

1 hour ago, La Chupacabra said:

Is there any room for interior?

If you had read the description on the website you would know the answer :wink:

17 hours ago, cavegod said:

If you had read the description on the website you would know the answer :wink:

Interior Yes

I know, I know. But it is referring to cargo hold or cockpit ?