Sign in to follow this  
tiammath

Help - Building round castle tower in LDD

I'm trying to build some medieval round tower in LDD. But I don't manage to get the right angle (12°) when rotating bricks.

Here's, in real bricks, what I'm trying to do :

photo12.jpg

photo22.jpg

Does someone has an idea on how I should proceed ?

Many thanks :wink:

I'm trying to build some medieval round tower in LDD. But I don't manage to get the right angle (12°) when rotating bricks.

Here's, in real bricks, what I'm trying to do :

*snip*

*snip*

Does someone has an idea on how I should proceed ?

Many thanks :wink:

I tried this not so long ago but the biggest problem I come across is to connect both sides in the end. It should be possible but it'll require a lot of hinging around. Only advice I can really give is to rotate pieces with your mouse trough the hinge wheel. Then try to go back and forth with the wheel till the brick sort of "snaps" as close as possible as you want it.

Would like to hear from someone who knows an easier way also.

Edited by Solidbrick

What I managed to do is this (using standard 18° step) :

lddscreenshot1.png

But, that's not exactly what I want to do. And, besides, some bricks don't really connect.

I actually managed, using hinge tool for hours, to make bricks connect with an angle close to 12°. But I have problems over the third level of bricks. If you look at the blue bricks, you can notice that the angle is 0° between the 3rd and the 4th level (for example) but just for one or two of the 10 2x1 bricks. Moreover, this is only possible using clone tool of your 3 first levels.

lddscreenshot2.png

Edited by tiammath

What I managed to do is this (using standard 18° step) :

The only suggestion I can come with is to edit the LXF-file directly to create exactly the angles needed.

Right now I'm on vacation (but couldn't help myself logging in to EB :tongue:), so I don't have access to LDD and can try it out. In the meantime perhaps some of the other LDD gurus here at EB can come up with a solution?

The only suggestion I can come with is to edit the LXF-file directly to create exactly the angles needed.

Right now I'm on vacation (but couldn't help myself logging in to EB :tongue:), so I don't have access to LDD and can try it out. In the meantime perhaps some of the other LDD gurus here at EB can come up with a solution?

That would be nice if only I knew which data to modify in the LXF file. But I guess I'll just try with 2 bricks and will figure it out.

Thanks for the idea ... and enjoy your vacation :wink: