Sign in to follow this  
scruffulous

MOC: J Cement Hopper

traintech1.jpg

Here's the latest addition to my collection of Victorian Railways rollingstock:

4777415416_441baaf376_m.jpg4776784081_72909fea6e_m.jpg

This Victorian Railways hopper was coded "X" on delivery and was used for cement traffic, but was eventually recoded to "J". The first hoppers of this type initially carried pulverised brown coal for steam locos (coded "CK"), then bulk flour (coded "X", "FX", and "FJ"), and finally cement (coded "J"). At the end of their life, some were used to carry dry locomotive sand.

The pipes were for pneumatic discharge of the cement into road tankers or storage silos.

Prototype.

Edited by scruffulous

WOW :oh:

I am always amazed by the detail that fans put in to their LEGO trains and this is no exception!

Excellent job and I love the colour!

AWESOME again AWESOME 'scruffulous' - another piece of Vic Rail eh ? :grin:

Us South Aussie's now need some SAR rolling stock to match up against the mighty V. :devil:

The design is faultless.....keep on rolling.....I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Absolutely amazing work you've done - it took me more than two looks to asure that this are not a photography's token out of some catalog. Again, absolutely amazing...

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Scruf: I always enjoy and appreciate your outstanding train wagons. Right off, I love the dark red and black color combination. Secondly, the sideways wall to create the base of the hopper is a most clever design and one that I don't recall seeing in trains before. The cement hoppers themselves look really nice with the added details of the gauges, railing, and tubing.

Also impressive is your nicely designed track and rail bed. The black tiles work well with the new bley track.

I think this deserves a front-page! Great job and thanks for sharing here in Train Tech! :thumbup:

The curvature in this Cement Hopper is wonderful! :classic: It is adjacent of real ones!

Great colors, great design, amazing details!

Wow you have done really well here. As commented by others, the curved look is executed brilliantly and the pipework really looks realistic.

Choice of colours was good too!