Review: 7169 Mark Surge

29 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Outstanding
    • Above Average
    • Average
    • Below Average
    • Poor

I've been waiting forever for a review of Surge to come up, and here it is! I was planning on getting him, but after reading the review, I know I'll DEFINITELY get him. He's the only good Hero set besides Furno and Bulk.

Personally, if I go to the store and see a new transformer, I think I'll go for the Hero Factory... At least at first...

Personally, if I go to the store and see a new transformer, I think I'll go for the Hero Factory... At least at first...

That was my attitutde, but turns out I cam out with a Hero factory set as well as some Generations and Hunt for the Decepticons figures as well. :grin:

it turns out that my Tahu's hands are that new version, while all my other Stars' hands are the old version.

Same here. :grin:

I just Opened breez,and she has the old Glatorian hand type. Not sure why they need two different molds.

Same here. :grin:

I just Opened breez,and she has the old Glatorian hand type. Not sure why they need two different molds.

I thought they were random. Now I see they aren't random mistakes, but some sets just have those types of hands. Oh, and same here.

I thought they were random. Now I see they aren't random mistakes, but some sets just have those types of hands. Oh, and same here.

Exactly half of the hands in my Kaxium set have the new hands, so do Surge and Furno. Stormer, Breeze, Bulk, and Stringer all have the "old" style hands.

It's probably just an example of two variations on the same part ID. Thus, a mix of already-molded ones and newly molded ones for this year are appearing in sets. It's pretty much certain that the newer style of hand will eventually replace the old style completely.

Sorry to bother you again with another request, but could you take a pic of the top of Surge's helmet? I see some sort of lightning spunky hair like pattern there, I'd like a close up. Thanks!

EDIT: Like the one in DV's brilliant review of Furno.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Sorry to bother you again with another request, but could you take a pic of the top of Surge's helmet? I see some sort of lightning spunky hair like pattern there, I'd like a close up. Thanks!

EDIT: Like the one in DV's brilliant review of Furno.

No problem.

4782944184_196351171f.jpg

Sword mode?

I think he's referring to the 'staff' mode but just in two different hands.

Still, thanks for the pic! I really can't decide who to get now, Furno or Surge... I'd really love to get both, but I'm low on budget and my mom will probably nag me at getting 'two of the same thing' again, seeing how similar they are. Oh well.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Great review VBBN! I like the direction that Lego are taking with this new line, and I really like the fact that the names are more pronouncable :laugh:. Let's hope Hero Factory sells well, so Lego will keep churning out new pieces...

Oh wow electrifying, gedditlololol

What type of plastic/rubber is Surge's lightning bolts?

They are plastic, but they are slightly bendable.

Surge is a good set but like with Breez it is vary odd that his Hero Core, Weapons and Glatorian Helmet have different colors but i do like that have the Glatorian Head and Hand again but i wish they have the Head in a different color. Like what i said on your review on Breez, I do like that there are 3 different color of the Rookie Chest armor but not one in Black. The Helmet is good not my favorite but i do like it.