Sign in to follow this  
Guss

Freelug's Pirate little diorama.

Hi everyone, it's been a long long time ^^ but I found a job and my old camera broke, so I had some time and material issues to both come to the forum and present my new mocs...

But now I got a new camera ( and a good one) , and I'm back!

SO here I am to show you what we did for Japan Expo 2010, at Paris. We wanted to build a pirate diorama, but as the themes were totally free, we finally built a space pirate/pirate crossover.. quite original and funny, our stand had a lot of success.

I made the island with the "castle" , Freelug's member JAC made the other island, my girlfriend helped to build some details ( like the little islands). The 2 yellow forts belongs to the Freelug's president, Brickerik

Some links :

Pics of the stand : Here

Pics of the Japan Expo :Here

Jac's Gallery: http://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/JAC/ (he didn't uploaded his pictures of this exhibition yet.)

Brickerik's Gallery : http://photos.freelug.org/main.php/v/brickerik/expositions/2010/japanexpo/

Anyway, here are some pics of the diorama :

General views :

B37892B5EEB2-130.jpg

91C75D22B3D3-130.jpg

0AFEA377CEE5-130.jpg

Some details :

23A9BF58FF69-130.jpg

B47A5215EFD6-130.jpg

2C217C23ECEC-130.jpg

D095C3AC46DA-130.jpg

CE97CE492BEA-130.jpg

644EC6A432C5-130.jpg

DF2F975F2F7A-130.jpg

20EE02BD6C1F-130.jpg

9B0B5D88A430-130.jpg

I also did a quick video of it , you can see it here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91HYV2iPpk8

Don't hesitate to watch the pictures on our website, there is a lot of little details ( also included a Waldo! ^^)

Thanks for watching.

Edited by Guss

Welcome back! That's a nice diorama, and a funny combination of pirates and space :pir-laugh:

The church is really a piece of art IMO, small but very detailed.

And the islands, ships, man in a barrel and the planes are nice as well.

Consider it blogged [bloggedcp][/bloggedcp] Great comeback! :thumbup:

thanks A lot Admiral Croissant for the nice comment, and for blogging it( btw, I'm eating one atm, a Croissant )

Thanks for the church, it was the last building I built for the diorama, I had to deal with the parts I had left^^

The spaceships have been built by JAC, I'll tell him you like them ^^

The ships are just the official one, I really didn't have the time to build, so that's two 10210 (mine and brickerik's one), one of the 10210 is just a little customized, with black stripes instead of blue stripes, and a dragon's head as figurehead.

WOW. Sick setup. Love the landing bay with the spaceship and the shark. :pir-wub: Adds those nice little humorous touches that set some of these apart from other stuff. Too many cool details to comment on, but I intend to look at this thing in more detail! Thanks for sharing!

But now I got a new camera ( and a good one) , and I'm back!

Glad to have yer back Guss!

SO here I am to show you what we did for Japan Expo 2010, at Paris. We wanted to build a pirate diorama, but as the themes were totally free, we finally built a space pirate/pirate crossover.. quite original and funny, our stand had a lot of success.

Yes, that's quite an innovative way to combine pirates and space without actually turning the Pirates Sci-Fi.

Thanks Blackicep8ntball ! We love to put little funny scene , so the people watching the diorama just have something else to watch than just bricks, they're looking for the details, and that's cool.

Hey Mister Phes, thanks a lot^^ well.. when I say that I'm back, I now have a job, that means that I really don't have a lot of time anymore ( but way more money) + it's quite a "you works when we want to just answer the phone when we need you " job.. with this kind of thing,it's quite hard to be involved in my hobbies :/

Nice to see you again Guss! :pir-classic:

That's a really nice set-up, great work! What exactly is a Japan Expo? And why is it in France? :wacko:

wow, this is a fantastic scene :pir-wub:

I love the shark chasing the other shark, pursuing to the another one :shark: :shark: :shark:

its a lot of action there :thumbup:

Wow, that looks great and I like the photos, they look very sharp, and you have some good depth of field.

Welcome back too!

Thanks a lot everyone^^

Our goal was to make something funny, I'm glad it seems that it seems that we did it!^^

and you have some good depth of field.

Thanks, I'm not used to my camera yet, but I'm trying to improve^^

What exactly is a Japan Expo? And why is it in France? :wacko:

Lol erdi, THE Japan Expo, is an exposition about Japan culture , just watch this :

http://www.japan-expo.com/en/

http://www.comic-con-france.com/en/

They both are at the same place at the same times, so they're two different expo, but actually they're the same... don't know why they separated it in two.

Edited by Guss

Thanks Commodore ^^ I wanted to build a bigger island , with a bigger fort.. but I already used all my grey and white bricks XD

Very cool. Lots of LEGO bricks and building time in your stand! :pir-sweet:

Very nice details.

WOW!

Thats an amazing display!

That must have taken months!

And I love the mix of space and pirates!

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you like it! ^^

Lots of LEGO bricks

my part of the diorama took me all my grey/dark grey/white bricks, and for the structure under I used almost all my technic bricks ^^

That must have taken months!

Actually It took me 1 month to build my island, minus the details, that have been added during the exhibition, Jac took 2 months to build the big island with the hidden space pirate base.

So yes, that took months! ^^

And I love the mix of space and pirates!

We love it too, that's why we did it^^ was really a "just for fun" diorama.. but anyway, what isn't for fun in LEGO ? ^^

I wish i had read this topic sooner! I love all the little details. I noticed the fishy food chain out in the ocean there, and the way you made the rounded tower(the shorter, "multi layer" with the cannon)that was neat.

thanks Dan, for the rounded tower.. I used a strange technique.

see there

I just didn't have enough hinge bricks to make it normally XD

thanks Dan, for the rounded tower.. I used a strange technique.

see there

I just didn't have enough hinge bricks to make it normally XD

Thanks for that pic. That certainly is odd.(In a really neat way!) I had expected hinge bricks, but this just shows another resourceful method for the same effect.