Sign in to follow this  

I find the autoplacing of elements in LDD quite infuriating (it never lines up as I want, or jumps forwards / backwards too easily). Having previously used 3D cad products like Autocad, NX, it would be great if LDD had support for 3D mice. Before I go and buy one; does anyone know if LDD already support this feature?

http://www.3dconnexion.com/

It would also be great if this support could extend to the connection of studs / holes. I.e. use the 3D mouse to manipulate element shifting by one (or 1/2, 1/3, 1/5) studs. Whenever I try to use existing mice (trackball) the system nearly always autolocks elements to the wrong place because of incorrectly translating 2D movements to 3D workspace.

The number of times Ive pulled my hair over trying to do something relatively simple in LDD (gnash).

Oh and whilst im at it, it would be great to have the hinge feature such that you can specify connecting studs, and if it is legal, have the angle snap to shape. A similar function exists when defining curves in Corel Draw (and other products)... i.e. define the start and stop points, with the radius calculated by the length of the hinge element.

I'm not too sure if a 3d mouse will add much to the autoplacing function. I think that the biggest problem is, that it's invisible to the user what snappoint(s) is used in the brick or group of bricks you are dragging around. Once you have that visible, and changeable, I guess the placement will be a lot easier.