Hewman

See you can still be cool and play with Lego

Nice find hewman. Just goes to show how addictive LEGO is: Once your start, you cannot stop. Maybe Brad can visit EB sometime. He's one lucky LEGO fan since he could buy any LEGO he wants (he's so freakin' rich $$$) unlike most of us.

Also, who ever said that playing/collecting LEGO ain't cool?

Nice find hewman. Just goes to show how addictive LEGO is: Once your start, you cannot stop. Maybe Brad can visit EB sometime.

Maybe he did.

lolo, no we just have to guess what his nickname on EB is... :tongue:

Hello guys, I'm new, my name is Brad, I'm from L.A., I try to work as a comedian and I love to play with my kid's lego.

No just kidding:grin:

But I think I'm not the only to think it would be quite cool to have him here!

Hmm... I'm sure there is a whole celebrity guild of Lego fans. They would be CFOLs (You figure that out :grin: )

Maybe he did.

Drat, my cover has been blown! Jennifer hated them, and tried to get rid of them, but I got my lawyers on her quick!

Angelina doesn't really like it when I lock myself away for hours on end to build mocs either, but little now that little Maddox and Zahara like them now, shes starting to warm up to them.

You don't believe me do you? :sadnew:

You don't believe me do you? :sadnew:

Not really, no.

Anyways...

This is great! Now anyone says to me that Lego is stupid, I can just tell them that Brad Pitt's addicted to 'em too. HA!

Hmm... I'm sure there is a whole celebrity guild of Lego fans. They would be CFOLs (You figure that out :grin: )

haha HollyBricks.com :tongue:

It seems that Brad Pitt isn't the only celeb hooked on plastic bricks. Linky

Lol; "David Brickham". :tongue:

Well, he certainly didn't choose an impulse to start with... I'm sure he's looking forward to Tower Bridge now! :tongue: Actually maybe he's the one suggesting the idea to TLG? :wink:

i don't care much for Brad Pitt, but it is nice proof. IMO, LEGO's good for all ages (Why do they bother putting age limits on those LEGO boxes?)

i don't care much for Brad Pitt, but it is nice proof. IMO, LEGO's good for all ages (Why do they bother putting age limits on those LEGO boxes?)

I know. They should just put 6+, 7+, or 12+; none of that range nonsense.

I know. They should just put 6+, 7+, or 12+; none of that range nonsense.

I think in some cases, it's supposed to help parents who are buying sets for their kids. If, for instance, a parent needed a gift for her 17-year-old son, LEGO wants to encourage him or her to buy something advanced like the Shuttle Adventure or Taj Mahal. That way the kid is more likely to appreciate the set than if he got Loot Island or the latest fire station.

Being AFOLs, things are more obvious to us than they might be to a parent with little experience with LEGO. An AFOL would surely understand that the "starting age" is the one that defines the complexity of a set, not the "shutoff age". But with just a starting age and no "shutoff age", a parent might assume that "5 and up" means that it's safe for 5-year-olds, and it might not "click" that kids older than a certain age might not be interested.

A lot of my non-AFOL friends have a hard time thinking of LEGO as anything other than what they experienced during childhood. LEGO wants fans of all ages to understand that it's not just a "kiddie toy", but that's the impression someone might get if the only sets they ever received were targeted towards little kids. So the specificity of the age ranges helps ensure that ignorant buyers like parents and other gift-givers know better than to buy 5-and-up City sets for a teenager who would rather have a challenging build and a memorable experience.

The skeptical cynic in me thinks that Beckham truly giving hints to LEGO will end up in some very lame sets that are very expensive because they are Beckham-designed.

Although... If he loved building the Taj Mahal then he is pretty serious at this, maybe he is very good with LEGO, maybe he even posted MoCs in EB and we don't know it was him! o_O.

Hmnn, the sets that are made for more mature audiences have 16+, like the UCS licensed sets or the modular buildings. usually when sets have 7-16 they are very simple and well... I don't usually buy them to keep them built but for the pieces or something.

Edited by vexorian