Sign in to follow this  
DLuders

Tyler Reid's 1/9th-Scale FORD GT-R Race Car

Over on MOCPages, Tyler Reid posted his FORD GT-R Race Car: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/211970 . Features:

* Six-speed gearbox with reverse

* Working brakes and clutch

* Rollcage

* An option to motorize it.

Here are four of the seven full-size pictures he posted:

1278283245m_SPLASH.jpg12782832482_SPLASH.jpg12782832493_SPLASH.jpg12782832525_SPLASH.jpg

The real car (as pictured below from http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/ford-gt.jpg ) is a real "screamer":

ford-gt.jpg

Not too Bad :thumbup: I have a question though, how exactly can you determine if a car model is 1/9 scale? I mean the wheels are 1/10 scale, and the 8448 wheels are 1/8 scale right? I would love to see some pictures of that transmission. 6 speed with reverse? :sweet:

Wow! That is one realistic model! I could recognize it from a mile away! Great job :thumbup:

Not too Bad :thumbup: I have a question though, how exactly can you determine if a car model is 1/9 scale? I mean the wheels are 1/10 scale, and the 8448 wheels are 1/8 scale right? I would love to see some pictures of that transmission. 6 speed with reverse? :sweet:

How did you determine that the scale of the wheels were 1/10? Wouldn't that depend on the size of the wheels on the vehicle that the model was based on? I would think that determining the scale of a model is simply to measure the model and then compare that measurement to that of the real thing.

How did you determine that the scale of the wheels were 1/10? Wouldn't that depend on the size of the wheels on the vehicle that the model was based on? I would think that determining the scale of a model is simply to measure the model and then compare that measurement to that of the real thing.

Well those are the same wheels from the 8653 Enzo, 8145 599 GTB, and 8386 Ferrari F1 which all said 1/10 scale right on the box. The 8674 Ferrari F1 had the larger wheels and said 1/8 on the box. So I was just going by what TLC claimed.