Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Churchill Tank (MkIII / MkVII) WIP

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

CG-9.jpg

OK, the Churchill Tank is by far, in my humble opinion, the coolest tank in WWII, and I have always been highly disappointed that there weren't more lego Churchills in existence. So I decided to make one. As you might be able to see, it is heavily inspired by Mechanised Brick's Churchill MkVII, although it is structurally different and, from a not unbiased veiwpoint, may I say that I like mine better. As you can see, it is still a WIP and, eventually once I'm satisfied I might build it in Dark Bluish Grey, which would be cool. I would also really appreciate suggestions (especially detail, 'do X using Y method'), especially for the MkIII turret which I'm only kind of satisfied with. There are two different turrets - the orangey picture is the newer one, which is slightly more accurate The MkIII is an AVRE - a Royal Engineer tank with a large mortar and wading equipment.

Brickshelf Gallery

rsz_dsc00598.jpg

[EDIT] Resized - Sorry it was so big... =/

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

The tank looks good, but the picture is huge. It needs to be resized to 800x600 or smaller. There are links to the tutorial on how to in most admin's signatures. :classic:

Oh hell yeah! Haven't ever seen a AVRE done before! It's massive mortor gun was missed by history until I saw it in Company of Heroes and how it totally destroyed an entire 5 volksgrenadier squads!

Can't wait to see it tracked with a bunch of Royal Engineers!

Sweet! I never have seen any Churchill tank made of LEGO and yours looks pretty sweet! Ican't wait to see the final version!

Hehe... Thanks. I realised that the Brickshelf folder wasn't public, so, in case your curious, here's what the Mark VII looks like, in Dark Grey (and in LDD). Some of the methods I used LDD doesn't think are valid, which is why there are random pieces lying about

rsz_1churchillmkvii1.png

hello saracen, i want to build the same tank for my son but i don't find instructions, could you send me your ldd file please ? thanks a lot