Jonas

MOC: Forestmen's Crossing - version 2010

indexed.gif

For us, lovers of the Forestmen (Robin Hood) Lego line in Europe, the 6071 set Forestmen's Crossing has been like a frustrating dream. Unlike the other sets from the same series of 1988-1990, it has never been sold in Europe. Nobody knows why.

I always wished to have it, but was not ready to pay extreme prices for which it is offered on Ebay or Bricklink, now. Hence, these days I decided to built my own version of the set. My small MOC is made 20 years after the release of the original, so it is a sort of homage to this wonderful set. The idea to build it was stimulated also by the fact that this year two minifigs from the Forestmen series were released: a forest lady in Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 5 and a forest hunter in Minifigure Collection Vol. 1.

So, here are some pictures of my version.

fc2010-00.jpg

fc2010-01.jpg

fc2010-02.jpg

fc2010-04.jpg

fc2010-05.jpg

fc2010-06.jpg

Unlike the original set, in my version, forest people can use the suspension bridge in the canopy to get from one river bank to the other. But, it is an adrenaline experience. Let us make the trip:

First, enter the old hollow oak tree fc2010-trip1.jpg, then use the ladder inside the partly burned stem fc2010-trip2.jpg,

balance the suspension bridge fc2010-trip3.jpg,

get down to the old castle platform fc2010-trip4.jpg and, finally, use the stone steps to get back to the ground fc2010-trip5.jpg.

Enjoy it!

It's a very classic looking scene and the small gentle stream really makes the setting.I appreciate that you used mainly older pieces in it's construction as well as tecniques.

Great homage to a LEGO classic. :thumbup:

A beautiful remake of a fantastic little set. The landscape is just brilliant, you hve done this set proud. :blush:

Wow, that's great! Just love the colors and details. Might even be better than the original in some aspects.

Now that's what I call a COOL MOC ! :grin:

The creek/forest and the actual crossing points are beautifully detailed ! :sweet:

It would be nice to more of these MOC's inspired by sets from the past - gives me ideas it does ! :grin:

Great work 'Jonas' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

What a beautifull moc! I like it very much. :thumbup::classic:

I love the remade groundplate with brooke and some sand alongsided it. I also like the tree with foliage very much and the treasure room is nice too.

Seeing this MOC of yours had indeed gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks. This is a very nice remake classic for the legendary Forestmen. :wub:

Stellar! Great homage to the original set and is full of nice details. I love the rock (cheese slope) ladder and don't think I've seen that before.

This reminds me that I have a lot of Forestmen figs / pieces and don't think I've ever MOCed with them before. I think I need to do that soon!

Thank you all for your nice words.

I think we all agree that the Forestmen line was one of the most unique ones among the Lego historic themes.

I think we all agree that the Forestmen line was one of the most unique ones among the Lego historic themes.

Yes, indeed.

Very well made MOC, like you I don't have the original LEGO set.

The Forestmen are great, I really liked them back then, when I was a kid.

Nice new version of an old set! Great mixture of older and newer pieces! And I think the tree even looks better in your version! The little spring next to where the female minifig is standing is also a very nice detail!

Edited by legotrainfan

A beautiful re-imagining of a classic set, well done on the nice details like the ladder.

Keep em coming.

Since the original set was wonderful it's not much in the way of a surprise to say that a recreation of it is great. However, I think this MOC also demonstrates that the two shades of brown does give anything with "wood" a nice realistic flair.

Jonas - this is excellent! :wub:

I had considered doing this myself after restoring 6042 Crusaders Cart. You've done a fantastic job at bringing back this beauty. I especially like the brick-built river and tan shore line.

I think this deserves special mention on our front-page. Really nice job, and a great image of your creation. :thumbup:

EDIT: just noticed you used a blue baseplate - nice.

Nice work Jonas, I too love the old forestmen sets and still don't have the "Crossing" set, so this is special.

That's a very cool set, and certainly one I would buy if I had the chance. I was a huge castle fan as a kid, but Forestmen were during my dark ages.

The first of the minifigure collection I wanted was Robin Hood and I found him first go!

The river bank looks fantastic with the curves. Very Playable (my 7 year old wants one - I feel a bricklink order coming on...)

Brilliant!

This is actually superior to the original (see here: LINK)

The brown looks much better on the trees than the original black. I like how you used smaller plates for the grass and river bank. The base plate that came with the original was rather bland, so your looks much better.

Excellent work :thumbup:

Love your MOC. It evokes warm fuzzy memories and nostalgia of my childhood when I first built and played with my forestmen sets. Ah, the good ol' days :)

Wow, really wonderful moc. looks like the old good lego sets.

REally good job.

Uvga