Sign in to follow this  
XimenaPaulina

Lightning Squadron

Got one more quick question:

Does it look ugly/inaccurate without the stickers?

Got one more quick question:

Does it look ugly/inaccurate without the stickers?

It'll look kinda bland in the front without the stickers, these are really intended to be the front markings in the real AT-RT (since I had a hard time doing it in brickform).

It'll look kinda bland in the front without the stickers, these are really intended to be the front markings in the real AT-RT (since I had a hard time doing it in brickform).

Okay. Not that it would ever look as bad as the Clone BP, but is there a printed brick you could use?

Okay. Not that it would ever look as bad as the Clone BP, but is there a printed brick you could use?

I have no such printed brick/tile that I could use as alternative to the stickers, but maybe I could check if there are such in BL. Although during my on-going improvement of the AT-RT, I did use 1 x 2 lime plate as alternate to the 2 x 2 tile in front, but in the end I still chose the stickered tile.

Edited by KielDaMan

I like it!

Thanks VDOWNING!

Can you make instructions on how to make the at-rt for all of us who don't have a Lightning Squadron? default_cry_happy.gifdefault_blush.gif

I'll try to make one when I have the time.

The Lightning Squadron was one of my favorite things in Clone Wars S1. You did a great job recreating it! Cheers.

I have no such printed brick/tile that I could use as alternative to the stickers, but maybe I could check if there are such in BL. Although during my on-going improvement of the AT-RT, I did use 1 x 2 lime plate as alternate to the 2 x 2 tile in front, but in the end I still chose the stickered tile.

Okay. The simple solution is just to make the whole front assembly one-stud-wide, but then you'd have to scrap the wedge plates you're currently using.

Okay. The simple solution is just to make the whole front assembly one-stud-wide, but then you'd have to scrap the wedge plates you're currently using.

I did try to make the front assembly one-stud-wide before, but it looked like the ROTS AT-RT rather than the TCW AT-RT, so I switched back to the 2-stud-wide front assembly. Anyway I'm quite satisfied with this one, so I'll most probably stick with this design.

Quinn Fabray approves. Very nice walkers there.

Haha, thanks Strand! default_laugh_new.gif Sadly, Quinn will be leaving us soon as she will move into a better place.

I did try to make the front assembly one-stud-wide before, but it looked like the ROTS AT-RT rather than the TCW AT-RT, so I switched back to the 2-stud-wide front assembly. Anyway I'm quite satisfied with this one, so I'll most probably stick with this design.

Okay. I prefer the Ep.3 ones, but that's just me.

Great looking AT-RT, would be grateful for some instructions or even a few pictures with the side panels off.

Great looking AT-RT, would be grateful for some instructions or even a few pictures with the side panels off.

Thanks elvenjames!

To those who've been sking for instructions, pls. give me some time, I promise I will post one when my busy sked permits me. Thanks.

Edited by KielDaMan

Looking back, how does it look with 2x3 wedge plates instead of the 3x3's? I realize that those pieces don't come with the Clone BP, I'm just wondering. They tend to be pretty popular among AT-RT builders.

P.S. Nice avatar!

Looking back, how does it look with 2x3 wedge plates instead of the 3x3's? I realize that those pieces don't come with the Clone BP, I'm just wondering. They tend to be pretty popular among AT-RT builders.

P.S. Nice avatar!

I've never really tried using the 2x3 wedge plates for the front side panels. I started using the 3x3s from the very start since the shape approximates the front side panels of the TCW AT-RT more than the 2x3s.

P.S. Thanks. The hot chick sadly had to go, but I like my new avi.

Nice!

Way better than TLG's try!

This actually resembles the walker default_laugh_new.gif

Great job default_thumbup.gif

Thanks! In fairness to TLG, the clone walker is not really intended to be an AT-RT, but as a 'double walker'. But still, no one can deny the fact that it's hideous-looking. default_sick.gif

I'm not so well versed on the vehicles from the prequel trilogy / Clone Wars but judging by the reference material shown, I'd say you created an excellent representation. I do like some of the more detailed versions out-there but I'd much rather see a good honest studs-out simple Lego design. I'm guessing there's no "illegal" build techniques on this, so very much like something you could buy off-the-shelf (but better). Well done sir!

I've never really tried using the 2x3 wedge plates for the front side panels. I started using the 3x3s from the very start since the shape approximates the front side panels of the TCW AT-RT more than the 2x3s.

Okay. I was just thinking that because the 'head' seems too long from the side view. I personally just wish TLG would make a 2x2 wedge plate - that would be the undisputed king of AT-RT armor plating. Right now the best I could do is a 1x2 tile with a pair of hands attached to make the slant.

P.S. Thanks. The hot chick sadly had to go, but I like my new avi.

Never got the concept of 'hot chicks' in the first place, so....

I personally just wish TLG would make a 2x2 wedge plate - that would be the undisputed king of AT-RT armor plating. Right now the best I could do is a 1x2 tile with a pair of hands attached to make the slant.

I totally agree, the 2x2 wedge plate will solve that problem. Maybe TLG will make one in the future, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of uses for that 2x2 wedge plates. I mean, if there are 3x3s and 4x4s, why not make 2x2 right?

Edited by KielDaMan

I'm not so well versed on the vehicles from the prequel trilogy / Clone Wars but judging by the reference material shown, I'd say you created an excellent representation. I do like some of the more detailed versions out-there but I'd much rather see a good honest studs-out simple Lego design. I'm guessing there's no "illegal" build techniques on this, so very much like something you could buy off-the-shelf (but better). Well done sir!

Thanks 'Praiter Yed'! There was really conscious effort to make this AT-RT as simple as possible (like what you see in official sets) but at the same time resembling the real AT-RT. Sadly, there were a couple of "illegal" techniques done here, particularly how the front side panels were connected to the main body. That was the only way I could think of to achieve the right look so I had to resort to that 'illegal' connection.

Sadly, there were a couple of "illegal" techniques done here

Maybe not one you could buy 'off-the-shelf' afterall. Clearly you're a bit of a loose cannon who doesn't play by the book! :laugh: Still looks better than TLGs effort maybe they should try some 'illegal' moves, after-all rules are there to be broken.

PS How come you changed you're avatar - was it causing too many questions?

I totally agree, the 2x2 wedge plate will solve that problem. Maybe TLG will make one in the future, I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of uses for that 2x2 wedge plates. I mean, if there are 3x3s and 4x4s, why not make 2x2 right?

I guess it's only because we need one that there isn't one. :tongue: It's the challenge of LEGO....

Maybe not one you could buy 'off-the-shelf' afterall. Clearly you're a bit of a loose cannon who doesn't play by the book! :laugh: Still looks better than TLGs effort maybe they should try some 'illegal' moves, after-all rules are there to be broken.

TLC has to meet certain strength and durability requirements when they make new sets.