Sign in to follow this  
lgorlando

Coruscant in LDD WIP

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I use LDD almost daily and I've been tinkering with this design of a micro scale Coruscant for sometime. It is almost complete and should clear about 5000 pieces once it is finished. It is modular (the buildings sit on top of smooth plate "plaques" that hold the buildings up write in place) and the base is several 32 x 32 plates that connect in a grid with technique pieces. It is still a Work In Progress but with all the LDD hype that has hit Eurobricks as of late, I felt this would be a nice piece of inspiration for those that are still tinkering with the possibility of LDD as a design tool. I'll post the finished LDD file at a later date. If I get the guts (and the cash) I will also build as a display vignette. Thanks and I hope you are inspired!

4751265498_46b0487315_b.jpg

(EDIT)

Here are additional pictures

4752715551_9f85692596_b.jpg

4752715585_81784458ee_b.jpg

Wow, it looks really good. Not sure if it's because the MOC is beautiful or because it goes well with the background, though...

Are you planning to add the Senate building to the diorama?

Looking good so far. :thumbup: Though I agree with Corydoras, maybe you could show it without the background in order to get a better feel of it?

Very interesting 'lgorlando', might be a bit hard to do in real bricks though without a loan from the bank ! :wink:

Nice LDD job there and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for the feedback.

@Corydoras, my moc is a scene from the "downtown" district. From my research, The senate building is in a different area of the planet where the architecture seem more "roman", and aero (if that makes sense). If I pull this off, I would definitely attempt a microscale diorama of the senate section.

here is a link of the senate section

I was going for the Neo-Metropolis section of Coruscant

Very cool MOC, the details on the buildings are nicely done.

Looking forward to more, and I must say, you have chosen the district of Coruscant that has the nicest architecture.

This looks awesome. If this was conceptualized into a real MOC, it'd be epic.

You did a great job, it really looks like the skyline of Corrusant.

@Corydoras' date=' my moc is a scene from the "downtown" district. From my research, The senate building is in a different area of the planet where the architecture seem more "roman", and aero (if that makes sense). If I pull this off, I would definitely attempt a microscale diorama of the senate section.

here is a link of the senate section[/quote']

Just saying the Senate is one of the most iconic buildings on Coruscant and it would be nice to see it in bricks. The dome would be pretty hard to build, though.

Just saying the Senate is one of the most iconic buildings on Coruscant and it would be nice to see it in bricks. The dome would be pretty hard to build, though.

You're right. The senate building is a must. I'm not sure how big is should be in scale to something like this but I believe the dome shape can be pulled off with some plates. I foresee a LOT of plates though! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Nice! I once tried to do soemthing like this in MINI, but it really wasn't the best. I hope you do more!