Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

SW Battlefront Tricks

In Battefront I this is what I do for temporarily killing enemy jedi/sith:

1) Pick a map either with an easily accesible bottomless pit or one with speeder, I don't know if STAPs work though. (Rhen Var, Dune Sea, Bespin platforms, Kamino, etc....)

2)[bottomless pit metheod] Choose the vanguard class and find the enemy jedi/sith. Switch your secondary weapon to mines and then lure the jedi/sith to the bottomless pit's edge. Next lay mine as you aare backing away from him and the explosion should throw him down into the endless depths of the already named hole. Rockets work also but are less reliable and take more practice in perfecting. If you do try then aim at the jedi/sith's feet and if done right should do the same thing as the mines.

or

3)[speeder metheod] Spawn where at the CP with a speeder bike. Find you're opposing jedi/sith and accelerate right at him. If you hit him at where the speeder's tip you should "slice him in half"

I think you can also land a starfighter on them to kill them too. :wink:

Accidental double post, the second must have only appeared after you commented :blush:

That's weird, they're separated by over 2 hours according to the time on the posts.

default_laugh_new.gif One time I was playing around and I accidentally set reinforcements to 500%. That was a 2 hour-long battle.

That's honestly the norm for my battles default_laugh_new.gif

Right now me and my brother are playing SWB II against each other and it's quite a bit of fun. I remember a while back when I played this game more often there were times I was the last guy alive on my team and had to fight off the rest of the AI enemy myself. It's kinda fun and not to hard if you have the right strategy. Namely choosing one command post to defend that has only one or two ways to enter it and including medical/ammo droids.

Heh. I remember this game... I loved playing on the Bespin Platforms on the first game. I used a rocket launcher and blew people off the platforms :tongue:.

Sadly I sold it back to gamestop. I think I'm going to take a look on Ebay for a copy of this game so I can play it again.

Yeah, with tuskens and jawas. The tuskens never win on my game default_sceptic.gif

That happens to me too, unless I'm as tuskens.

I really want the xbox download with the extra maps! Why can't they do a similar download for computer?

Yeah, with tuskens and jawas. The tuskens never win on my game :sceptic:

Mine, too.

Although, if you're saying 'Yeah' to the guy above you, you're referring to the Hunt level, and he's talking about the Hero Assault level.

I really want the xbox download with the extra maps! Why can't they do a similar download for computer?

To make you buy an XBox. :tongue:

No, seriously, but if you're going to get an XBox, get the original. You can get one for $50, then the game's $20. If you're going to get the 360, wait for the 720 to come out since the price will drop. Be warned, however, my XBox has a glitch where it will suddenly cut out the background music a few seconds before completely freezing.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has the same glitch as me where the background beyond a certain radius of your character disappears in a fog type thing. It happens on Kashyyyk and a couple other places for me, and although the background disappears I can still see the white silhouettes of other units and vehicles.

I'm just curious if anyone else here has the same glitch as me where the background beyond a certain radius of your character disappears in a fog type thing. It happens on Kashyyyk and a couple other places for me, and although the background disappears I can still see the white silhouettes of other units and vehicles.

Felucia too. I'm pretty sure it's just that - fog. Although it's happened to me on Geonosis, too.

EDIT: It's probably the game blurring out objects you wouldn't be able to see in real life to make the game manageable for the GPU, which is why it doesn't occur on smaller maps like Coruscant. I think it's only done to large units (vehicles), because on Kamino I can clearly see units on the other end of the battlefield that are so far away they don't register on the HUD. They are killable though, because I've sniped a guy out of a turret on the other edge of the map from CP 5.

Edited by Brickdoctor

Felucia too. I'm pretty sure it's just that - fog. Although it's happened to me on Geonosis, too.

EDIT: It's probably the game blurring out objects you wouldn't be able to see in real life to make the game manageable for the GPU, which is why it doesn't occur on smaller maps like Coruscant. I think it's only done to large units (vehicles), because on Kamino I can clearly see units on the other end of the battlefield that are so far away they don't register on the HUD. They are killable though, because I've sniped a guy out of a turret on the other edge of the map from CP 5.

Yeah it's kinda weird but it does help me aim a little bit since all other players are white silhouettes against grey backgrounds. Another glitch I always find is that you can't see people maning turrets (like the ones on Kamino) you can still shoot them, and the reticule does go red but you can't see their heads unless you're really close to them.

Oh, I've also got another really easy trick that gives you a scope on more weapons. All you have to do is go to the in game options and switch it to first person then when you click joystick it goes into scope mode, as I remember it works with rockets pistols and rifles.

Oh, I've also got another really easy trick that gives you a scope on more weapons. All you have to do is go to the in game options and switch it to first person then when you click joystick it goes into scope mode, as I remember it works with rockets pistols and rifles.

That works in third-person, too, although I believe that in both modes you need the Gunslinger award to get the scope on the standard pistol.

Yay! I found the game for 8 USD on Ebay including shipping. So back to the fun of Battlefront!

Yay! I found the game for 8 USD on Ebay including shipping. So back to the fun of Battlefront!

We congratulate you in your good luck *oh2*:thumbup: and turn green with envy. :yoda:

Does anyone want to play a game online for PC? If you do, just PM me!

I offroad behind kashyyk on a BARC or jump the barriers. I've also made it atop a platform you aren't supposed to reach in a BARC and sniped for hours :devil: . And in BF1 if you want to go solo on platforms you can easily cover the enemy's entrance before they attack. Also, on Kashyyk docks just hold the wookiee huts for a real fun battle.

Edited by The Nightwing Reborn

Ah this game was so much fun! I remember people used to put mines on the speeders and do a suicide attack! :laugh:

Sadly i can't play anymore because my game disc broke.( new copy's are hard to find these days)

My onscreen name was Madfighter39.

Use General Grievous on Tantive IV capture the flag to rack up on kills. The corridors there are tight and General Grievous can just decimate crowds of enemies more then any other jedi (except maybe maul).

Use General Grievous on Tantive IV capture the flag to rack up on kills. The corridors there are tight and General Grievous can just decimate crowds of enemies more then any other jedi (except maybe maul).

Which of course brings up the question of how Grievoud ever got onto the Tantive in the first place, but, oh well. Besides, as you said, Maul reigns king of the mass slaughter. I've hit 500 kills on Coruscant with Maul before. Sometimes when I'm bored, I'll just set the Hero to always available, and go on a rampage through the Temple. :devil:

So far for me, though, I've yet to find a unit as good at CTF as the Droideka. Typically, I'll deploy just long enough to grab the flag. Once the backup units form up on me, I take whichever route to the command post has the most narrow spaces. I can deploy the shield to allow my units to take shelter, and recharge while speeding at random intervals through larger areas. This works exceptionally well on Kamino, where the Republic HQ is in the middle of a cloning facility and units spawn near the flag.

So far for me, though, I've yet to find a unit as good at CTF as the Droideka. Typically, I'll deploy just long enough to grab the flag. Once the backup units form up on me, I take whichever route to the command post has the most narrow spaces. I can deploy the shield to allow my units to take shelter, and recharge while speeding at random intervals through larger areas. This works exceptionally well on Kamino, where the Republic HQ is in the middle of a cloning facility and units spawn near the flag.

I like using heroes as much as possible for CTF. Heh, once I had the flag as Vader and died. The patronizing Imp. Officer then said something like "Some idiot has dropped the flag."

Does anyone know any stores that still stalk xbox games I've been on the lookout for Starwars BFI for a while now but can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm going to try Ebgames but are there any other good bets?