Sign in to follow this  
Leugi

Using Inika Masks on a Glatorian Head

Well... I always hated the fact that Inika Masks could only be usd with those ugly white/green pieces... Just look at them, they are not transparent or anything... they look bad :(

So I started trying out whatever I could in order to use any other transparent piece for making the masks be more useful and look better... And I got this...

This is all you need, a Glatorian Head, and one of those L shaped pieces (of course you also need an Inika mask):

82938227.jpg

Next, put the Glatorian Head on the other piece like this:

21752793.jpg

Now, you must put the mask's back on the back part of the L shaped piece like this:

36664042.jpg88241502.jpg

It is quite tricky, but a way to make it fit better is making it more straight:

53925606.jpg

And so you will have the following result...

43401928.jpg42289229.jpg

Alternatively, there's another method that seems to work only with Hewkii's mask...

You put the two pieces like this:

36516719.jpg

You must add the mask like this:

72229583.jpg52494780.jpg

And the result:

28120862.jpg82002017.jpg

So yeah, the main problem with this methods is that the ball joint is way too far, so your mocs might as well be rather humpy, but it does work and look well... I have only tested with Jaller's and Hewkii's masks (because those are the only ones that I have) so if any of you guys manage to do this with other Inika masks, feel free to post your results...

69135606.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing this technique! :classic:

It looks alright from the photos, although the eyes on Hewkii's mask don't look like they fit the eyes on the Glatorian head.

How much are the heads stretched with those pieces?

I myself have always preferred to use Toa Mata heads with Inika masks. They fit fairly well if you add some parts to the back to keep them in place. And a range of eye colors are available.

Thanks for sharing this technique! :classic:

It looks alright from the photos, although the eyes on Hewkii's mask don't look like they fit the eyes on the Glatorian head.

How much are the heads stretched with those pieces?

Hmn... about 0.3 milimeters or something...

Yeah, the technique used on Hewkii doesn't make it fit exactly with the eyes, so sometimes is better to use the another...