Sign in to follow this  
L-DI-EGO

EPISODE V - DELETED SCENE

Hello.

This is my entry for the medium category (32x32).

When THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK was filmed 30 years ago, there were a few scenes that were deleted. The original script contained some scenes about the wampa attacks into the Echo Base. The astromech droids sounds attracts the beasts to the base, so the rebels trap the creatures into a large room, and then they place a red and yellow warning sign on the door.

Most of the wampa's scenes were removed from the final movie because of several problems with the wampa costumes and the snow. But the door sign preserves in the final film. You can see it when Han and Leia are escaping from the Echo Base.

In fact, the trailer showed a clip that was also removed. In that clip, when the empire is arriving to the base, Threepio tears the door's sign, giving a “surprise” to the new guest.

And that is the scene that I have recreated: the moment when the snowtroopers arrive to the door and decide to through the door.

p1020541.jpg

p1020546.jpg

Light feature.

p1020586.jpg

You can found the light brick inside the abandoned control panel room.

p1020548.jpg

A picture with a 32x32 baseplate.

p1020575.jpg

More images in MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY.

Edited by L-DI-EGO

Great entry - a truly epic scene.

Best of luck.

I never knew this one, thanks for sharing this L-DI-EGO. You're entry is very unique, a scene that wasn't really shown but still your MOC gives justice to the said deleted scene. The Wampa holding the remnants of his meal - classic! Great job and good luck in the contest!

Edited by KielDaMan

I really like your echo base setup, the walls and control panels all look just like they should. I too rememebr this deleted scene and I think you have it right on. This is a great entry.

I haven't actually recalled that there was a deleted scene like this. Still, it's great and the control room is nice.