Sign in to follow this  
Whittleberry

Warner Brothers planning CGI/live action LEGO film

Out of all the toys I'd love to see made into a movie(Nerf movie would be nice), Lego is at the abysmal bottom of my list. I really hope this movie doesn't damage Lego's image.

Oh, god. CGI/live action, family comedy :sick: This kind of sounds like Rock Band to me.

It hopefully will not end up as cheap Disneyish kids movie + minifigs instead of actual people

Well do you really think that we are going to see an R-rated Lego film? Lego is a family brand, and the fact that its a family comedy comes as NO surprise.

NOBODY (except FOL's) would go to see an adult film of minifigures running around, let alone take it seriously.

And what about it would be Lego if it didn't have minifigures? I am personally glad that they are making this film, as it will give the company more money to make great products for AFOLs. The film isn't going to be targeted towards adults, as Lego is first and foremost a non-violent children's toy. The reason that films like Transformers and GI Joe were able to be made into films for adult audiences, is because the original toys have backstories that could lend themselves to big blockbuster action movies.

It really irritates me sometimes how some adult Lego fans act like they should be the company's #1 priority.

For once, won't somebody PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by darthperson

...the first thing that popped into my head was "Small Soldiers."
I loved that movie. :cry_sad:
A bloody battle between LEGO and Megabloks? (Hell yeah!)
Well do you really think that we are going to see an R-rated Lego film?
Sure, why not? :grin:
And what about it would be Lego if it didn't have minifigures?
Maybe the plastic bricks that have been here 21 years before minifigures ever were? :laugh:

Well do you really think that we are going to see an R-rated Lego film? Lego is a family brand, and the fact that its a family comedy comes as NO surprise.

NOBODY (except FOL's) would go to see an adult film of minifigures running around, let alone take it seriously.

And what about it would be Lego if it didn't have minifigures? I am personally glad that they are making this film, as it will give the company more money to make great products for AFOLs. The film isn't going to be targeted towards adults, as Lego is first and foremost a non-violent children's toy. The reason that films like Transformers and GI Joe were able to be made into films for adult audiences, is because the original toys have backstories that could lend themselves to big blockbuster action movies.

It really irritates me sometimes how some adult Lego fans act like they should be the company's #1 priority.

For once, won't somebody PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'd also say the reason GI:Joe and Transformers did so well, is the 25 yrs or so they have been around for that backstory to develop over the years and gain a following of Geewunners through to the current series. Now im old enough to remember seeing the original series when it first hit the screens, awesome stuff for its day. Still not too shabby by todays animated shows standards (spongebob.....shiver.....nooooooooo) As for bayformers, i think they needed to be re-invented to seperate them from the series that are around or ppl would be going "thats not right they dont do that"

People still did question what models they turned into, but hey, get with the times..

Also as a side note, hi to all from a newbie to the forums. :classic:

This might be interesting. It sounds like a mix of Toy Story and Horton Hears A Who :classic:

Excuse me!

Transformers 1 and 2 were very good movies, mind you. :wink:

This movie may or may not be a bad idea. Before we all start assuming how bad it'll be, maybe we should wait till a plot arises...? :sceptic:

Is that the Transformers 2 with a 20% rating at Rotten Tomatoes?

Anyway, thankfully nothing is confirmed about this movie yet. A representative from LEGO is working with the writers and producers as well, and if the script is bad I'm sure they'll stop it from being greenlighted.

News has been spreading fast that Warner Bros. Is producing a Lego movie! Apparently "a mix of live action and animation". Different companies have apparently tried this before but haven't embraced Lego's core values of "a fun factor, creativity, and imagination that has no boundaries".

I personally don't know what to think of this...

What do you think the plot will be?

What do you think the sets will be like?

Do you think it'll be good?

Discuss!

Source: empireonline

Edited by Ronan Nissen

You're a little late. We already have a discussion going on in this topic. :wink:

You just linked to this topic.......

By the way, I don't get it. What's there to make a movie about? A great documentary, three hours of a brick sitting on a table? Ummm?

My guess is sort of like small soldiers, still how the hell do you make a movie out of battleships.

yeah, i'd expect it'll be a small soldiers type movie, not just a CGI lego movie of a theme.

It'll be shit, unless its agents. (then it'll only be crap) :tongue:

seeing and hearing the minifigs talk would be 'interesting'

EDIT: googled one of the writers to see what he has written and it doesn't fill me with hope

Hotel Transylvania 2011

Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom

Charlie Dills

Science Fiction

The Lies of Locke Lamora

Trout

Mystery Men 1999

Edited by simonjedi

Hey! Mystery Men is one of the best Super Hero films out there!

The others do not bode well however.

He wasn't even main writer for that movie, he was assistant i think.

"Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom" is the only one that might be so bad its good.

But I doubt it.

I shall take this time to point out George Lucas was a writer on Indi 4, so a big name writer dont mean it will be good either.

PS, i found the preview for it.

Edited by DarthSion

Hmm.... I'm imagining "Honey, I shrunk the kids", done in a lego world. That's the only way I can make any sense in it.

Honestly - in keeping with my more real life self's cynicism - I can't see anything good springing from this. At all. I'm not joking, every foreseeable result ends in cataclysmic disaster. I have seen the future, and this production will become a black hole from which nothing, nothing at all - not even light itself - can possibly escape! This movie will be the darkness, the bane on humanity itself! It will wreak unimaginable horror across the globe - nay- the universe! Natural disasters, crime, even nuclear war will result from this catastrophe of a movie. Weak minded people will go mad from the revelation of seeing it! All hope will be lost as the sky grows dark and Lego lovers are slaughtered in public for helping contribute to the movies revenue! Nothing will be sacred, nothing will be spared! The end time are coming and this movie is the first horseman of the inevitable apocalypse! No one is safe! Don't even run, don't even hide because nothing can stop it! Nothing! Nothing and no one and not a single form of matter in known existence can prevent THE END! NOTHING! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Honestly - in keeping with my more real life self's cynicism - I can't see anything good springing from this. At all. I'm not joking, every foreseeable result ends in cataclysmic disaster. I have seen the future, and this production will become a black hole from which nothing, nothing at all - not even light itself - can possibly escape! This movie will be the darkness, the bane on humanity itself! It will wreak unimaginable horror across the globe - nay- the universe! Natural disasters, crime, even nuclear war will result from this catastrophe of a movie. Weak minded people will go mad from the revelation of seeing it! All hope will be lost as the sky grows dark and Lego lovers are slaughtered in public for helping contribute to the movies revenue! Nothing will be sacred, nothing will be spared! The end time are coming and this movie is the first horseman of the inevitable apocalypse! No one is safe! Don't even run, don't even hide because nothing can stop it! Nothing! Nothing and no one and not a single form of matter in known existence can prevent THE END! NOTHING! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Wow, if I was anyone, I'd stop the movies production if this was going to happen.

Personally, I have no idea what to expect from it. However, I think it would've been cooler if it was Stop-Motion, but I'll stick with CGI, for now. Live-Action=NO!

Yes, IMHO this is exactly what will happen :(

Are you perhaps speaking of LucasFilms latest Star Wars offering? (or the whole damn lot..) or mayhaps the next installment of the Batman Trilogy (Batman: Dammit, our actor died, here is some other baddie stabbing guys and acting out of correct character)

Come on people! It will be a fun childrens film for families, made to sell more Lego. You will all dutifully trapse into your nearest cinema to watch it and then buy it on DVD for the inevitable exclusive Lego set attatched to the Special Edition. At the worst it will be formulaic and a bit boring to those of intellect beyond that of TLG's target demographic.

Honestly - in keeping with my more real life self's cynicism - I can't see anything good springing from this. At all. I'm not joking, every foreseeable result ends in cataclysmic disaster. I have seen the future, and this production will become a black hole from which nothing, nothing at all - not even light itself - can possibly escape! This movie will be the darkness, the bane on humanity itself! It will wreak unimaginable horror across the globe - nay- the universe! Natural disasters, crime, even nuclear war will result from this catastrophe of a movie. Weak minded people will go mad from the revelation of seeing it! All hope will be lost as the sky grows dark and Lego lovers are slaughtered in public for helping contribute to the movies revenue! Nothing will be sacred, nothing will be spared!

... and Megabloks will rule the world! DUN DUN DUN! :laugh:

Seriously, though, I can't see much good coming from this either. I'm not saying nothing, just not much. The only thing that seems to be good about it right now is the fact that it's being produced by a large, successful studio such as WB. They have produced rather good franchise-based movies lately, including Batman and Harry Potter. So, there is still hope for this, but a Indian in the Cupboard style movie with CG minifigs still sounds kinda cheesy. :sceptic: And as Meschepers has pointed out, there is little chance that they will be able to come up with a story that captures Lego's promotion creativity and imagination in an un-corny way.

If this is gonna become a big event, it's likely there are gonna be sets from it. It would be funny if the live-action actors from the movie will be minifigs in the sets, and the minifigs from the movie be the new microfigs from the board games. :laugh:

Are you perhaps speaking of LucasFilms latest Star Wars offering? (or the whole damn lot..) or mayhaps the next installment of the Batman Trilogy (Batman: Dammit, our actor died, here is some other baddie stabbing guys and acting out of correct character)

What are you going on about?

... and Megabloks will rule the world! DUN DUN DUN! :laugh:

Oh yes, I forgot that part.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

What are you going on about?

Seriously. :hmpf_bad: What do the Star Wars franchise and Batman 3 have to do with this topic? This is not the place to discuss that.

And would you please stop bashing on the 'Wars? :hmpf: You don't like it, we got that the first time you said it. No need to pull it into the mud at every occasion. There are many people on this forum who like it, so please respect that. :sadnew:

Back on topic (sorta): On one of the sites linked to in this thread, there was talk about other, previously released, direct-to-DVD Lego movies. Did they mean the Bionicle movies? :look: