Sign in to follow this  
Whittleberry

Warner Brothers planning CGI/live action LEGO film

Look here...what's all this about? I really REALLY hope that this eventuates into something worthy of the LEGO brand, and not another badly planned film based on toys like Transformers or that GI Joe movie.

More news stories related to this can be found here.

Edited by Whittleberry

I wouldn't trust yahoo news, and it sounds crap, live action+ cgi, and set in a lego world, would be better if the whole thing was CGI, or better yet give it to Aardman and make it out of lego.

I wouldn't trust yahoo news, and it sounds crap, live action+ cgi, and set in a lego world, would be better if the whole thing was CGI, or better yet give it to Aardman and make it out of lego.

Hence, links to more reputable sources such as Reuters.

I've always hoped that there would be lego film with a large budget, but I never thought that it would come true!

(BTW, this will maybe make more member of the lego animation community)

Edited by KnutO

Mmmm. If this crashes and burns, then there is a good chance any lego fan will be mocked openly by anyone that saw the movie.  :sceptic: I don't see how they can come up with a storyline that ain't cheezy, crappy or looking like a rip-off of a nother movie.

Stauder.

I don't see how they can come up with a storyline that ain't cheezy, crappy or looking like a rip-off of a nother movie.

Simple. Center the plot around toast. :sweet::thumbup:

If this movie fails, Warners Brothers will surely get some trouble with the FOL community. :hmpf_bad:

But seriously, what should they use as a storyline? Minifigs come to live and take over the house? A bloody battle between LEGO and Megabloks? (Hell yeah!)

Honestly, to me, this seems like a very bad idea for TLG to be involved in. Will there be merchandise associated with the film? Will TLG produce sets that have actions figures that do not look like Minifigs because that's the way it is in the movie? Will other companies produce poorly made LEGO knockoff products with the LEGO name attached as accessories to their action figures?

I think it is a bad idea all around. I am surprised that TLG would ever be on board with something like this. Adding a concrete, unchangeable plot to something that is supposed to be centered around imagination and creation is TERRIBLE idea. The LEGO video games are one thing because you can personally interact, create and modify almost anything within the game, but a film that has NO interaction whatsoever? I thought LEGO was pro-interaction and pro-imagination. Making this movie will could be a huge step backwards for them.

It will probably be aimed at kids so will have a weak story, it wont be any good, what toy movies have been.

Don't think so, especially as Toy Story 3 is coming out, and by the time this came out Toy Story would already be out, and I can guarantee if this is true Toy Story will be better. Anyway, does this seem like a good idea to anyone?

1. this should be in media section, 2 there is already a thread in the media section about this.

Silly me I didn't even know we had a media section :tongue:

Well now you do! I merged the topics.

It will probably be aimed at kids so will have a weak story, it wont be any good, what toy movies have been.

Excuse me!

Transformers 1 and 2 were very good movies, mind you. :wink:

This movie may or may not be a bad idea. Before we all start assuming how bad it'll be, maybe we should wait till a plot arises...? :sceptic:

Butcher bays transformers was like all his other movies, abysmal.

I suppose if it does have a good script and doesn't get a horrible dirctor i may do ok, if only Kevin Smith could do it lol.

Look here...what's all this about? I really REALLY hope that this eventuates into something worthy of the LEGO brand, and not another badly planned film based on toys like Transformers or that GI Joe movie.

More news stories related to this can be found here.

Sorry, but what do you expect? An oscor worthy film? Not going to happen. This has cheese writen all over it. NO need to think that just cause it will carry the lego name that it will any kind of masterpiece.

Mmmm. If this crashes and burns, then there is a good chance any lego fan will be mocked openly by anyone that saw the movie.  :sceptic: I don't see how they can come up with a storyline that ain't cheezy, crappy or looking like a rip-off of a nother movie.

Stauder.

I doubt even if this movie does well that people opinions of AFOL is going to change. This will no doubt be aimed at kids (whitch it should be), so i wouldn't expect anything else but cheeze. This should have been done in full CGI instead of CGI/live action. The movie aimed at kids that are full CGI always do better and are more enjoyable than liveaction/CGI flicks.

The best thing i can see coming out of this are new sets based off the movie. Other than that..... Well, i won'

t judge anything till i've seen it, but i don't have high hopes either.

Found this on Comingsoon.net

NEWS

Warner Bros. is Building a LEGO Movie

Source: Variety August 12, 2009

Warner Bros. Pictures is developing a movie around LEGO and its popular building blocks, reports Variety.

Dan and Kevin Hageman are writing the script for the family comedy that will mix live action and animation. The studio is keeping the plot tightly under wraps, but it's described as an action adventure set in a LEGO world.

Dan Lin (upcoming Shorts and Sherlock Holmes) will produce the movie through his Lin Pictures, which is also behind a Tom and Jerry film that will put the feuding animated characters in a live-action setting.

LEGO sparked to Lin and the Hageman brothers' embrace of core values LEGO wanted to include in a film, especially "a fun factor, creativity and that imagination has no boundaries," Lin said.

If this is any indication as to what I felt when I read "live action/CGI hybrid," the first thing that popped into my head was "Small Soldiers." :wacko:

:sick:

Well, this is the third topic on the LEGO movie.

Perhaps you search the forums next time before you post a topic, the one in the "Culture & Multimedia section" is even in the "Today's Active Topic" list.

And honestly you don't present any new information here. :sceptic:

I guess a mod will soon merge this with the other topic. :thumbup:

Oh, god. CGI/live action, family comedy :sick: This kind of sounds like Rock Band to me.

It hopefully will not end up as cheap Disneyish kids movie + minifigs instead of actual people

LEGO should get Michael Bay to direct it and fill it with tons of explosions!!! Oh, and I bet that LEGO makes sets to tie into it. How could they not?

I'm predicting a complete failure. :sadnew: