Sign in to follow this  
Forresto

B'omarr Monks

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The B'omarr monks are an order of monks who migrated to Tatooine in the cica 700 BBY. In fact Jabba's Palace was originally built by the order and still houses a large portion of it deep in it's bowels. Their goal was enlightenment of the mind and when a member of the order became enlightened, they would have their brain cut out and put into a jar. This way they're preserved for future order members and can keep pondering the wonders of the universe. If they wanted to or if it was neccesary, the brains could be put on BT-16 perimiter droids which gave them full access to wherever they wanted to go.

I liked Lego's version from what I saw, but I unfortunantly never got any of the sets it was in. I also, based off picutres and the LSWII:TOT game, thought it needed some improvements and I decided to make my own. After several days of pondering and thinking of testing, I built the final here and voila!

Regular B'omarr Monk:

bm1.jpg

Golden B'omarr Monk:

This B'omarr monk is more of my design then Star Wars canon and was actually built first before the on above. However to my surprise after reading the Wookiepedia article, Bib Fortuna had a golden one so hey! I designed this in the prospect that it would be for more revered and honored enlightend members of the order.

bm2.jpg

bm3.jpg

bm4.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery:Link

Wookiepedia Article:Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference:

Action Figure

bm5.jpg

Lego's

bm6.jpg

Thanks for dealing with my nerd powered background :tongue:and for viewing! Please leave a comment and all suggestions are welcome!

Fantastic work. I much prefer your work over TLG's own, just 'cause it looks so effing like a spider with a brain jar. Wierd comment I know, but it gets my point across.

Great work! :thumbup:

Nicely done Forresto! pirate_thumbup.gif I love how you used Sandy Cheeks' Spacesuit Helmet, really very clever.

Edited by KielDaMan

Fantastic work. I much prefer your work over TLG's own, just 'cause it looks so effing like a spider with a brain jar. Wierd comment I know, but it gets my point across.

Great work! :thumbup:

Weird is good my friend :wink: and thank you!

I think the legs should be a bit longer. but otherwise it looks great.

Yes I agree that they could be and it probaby would be more accurate but Iwent with the more chibi look. It was purely for athsetic reasons on my part.

Nicely done Forresto! pirate_thumbup.gif I love how you used Sandy Cheeks' Spacesuit Helmet, really very clever.

Thank you very much! I decided that the Sandy helmet gave it a much more bubbly look then the crystal ball oiece so I thought hey!

Oh, so that's what it's meant to look like...

I haven't seen the original films for quite a while, and don't recall seeing one clearly. Your version is a lot better than the official version, though, even though the legs are a bit too chunky.

Excellent designing there 'Forresto' - though the legs should be longer, but still it's really great work.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice work!

Although, in LEGO's defense, I believe they based it off this Episode VI shot:

BT-16_Perimeter_Defence_Droid.jpg

As you can see, the brain jar appears to hang directly below the chassis because it's a front-on shot, the black bulb is the chassis instead of being above and behind, and the legs are fairly straight.

From other points of view, you can see that LEGO's is incorrect, so great job!

Great job! It is a definite improvement to the goofy looking official one, even though thats a frontal view. I agree the legs could be taller, since the brain jar (lovely) is supposed to be off the ground a bit more.

Oh, so that's what it's meant to look like...

I haven't seen the original films for quite a while, and don't recall seeing one clearly. Your version is a lot better than the official version, though, even though the legs are a bit too chunky.

Excellent designing there 'Forresto' - though the legs should be longer, but still it's really great work.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Great job! It is a definite improvement to the goofy looking official one, even though thats a frontal view. I agree the legs could be taller, since the brain jar (lovely) is supposed to be off the ground a bit more.

Yes the legs could be taller but right now I have it torn apart (Cats and their clumsiness sometimes :classic: )But i'm thinkin of using the ninja swords instead of the tooth pieces at the end of the legs.

Nice work!

Although, in LEGO's defense, I believe they based it off this Episode VI shot:

*snip*

As you can see, the brain jar appears to hang directly below the chassis because it's a front-on shot, the black bulb is the chassis instead of being above and behind, and the legs are fairly straight.

From other points of view, you can see that LEGO's is incorrect, so great job!

I have'nt seen that pic before it woud make sense that's where they got the idea from. The problem isthough that it appears from the side where it looks more like a spider when C-3PO and R2 enter Jaaba's palace. It's just a sillohuete then so I guess confusion can happen. Ahh, if they only had Wookiepedia back then.

cool love the golden one

Thank you. That one is more of my own design then a canon one so thanks.

I have'nt seen that pic before it woud make sense that's where they got the idea from. The problem isthough that it appears from the side where it looks more like a spider when C-3PO and R2 enter Jaaba's palace. It's just a sillohuete then so I guess confusion can happen. Ahh, if they only had Wookiepedia back then.

Agreed. LEGO actually gets it's source material straight from Lucasfilm, so I'm surprised that Lucas Marketing would allow a fairly major inaccuracy.

Nice! I wish I had the origianal... but mainly just for the Katanas. You'res are a lot better!