Sign in to follow this  
Asilla

What pirates did I find?

I bought a mixed lot of Lego today, and found 3 pirates, I can't find them on

bricklink.

Two of them has green pants, buckles on the shoes, red shirt with an axe in front, brown triangle hat, only one hand.

One has blue pants, buckles on shoes, two knifes in front on the yellow shirt, black triangle hat, only one eye. :pir-sceptic:

30iul2r.jpg

I also got two rowboats and a monkey :monkey: .

Edited by Asilla

I don't think it is lego. I think it is megablocks or some other clone brand.

Yes, these are lego. From the 4 Juniors Pirates series.

7071-1.jpg

Ta Daa

Cool! never saw those sets !

Cool! never saw those sets !

Yup. It was Lego's way of saying "We're ALMOST giving you pirates back... but not quite." A lot of people find mysterious pirates parts that end up having come from there, i.e. silver scimitar, big skull...

Yes, these are lego. From the 4 Juniors Pirates series.

7071-1.jpg

Ta Daa

Thanks for the answer, is it a problem that they are from this serie ?

I'm a newbie, so bear with me :pir-cry_happy:

Why is they not lined up with other pirates anyway ?

Well they were made for the 4 Juniors series so the sets were all "dumbed' down. This also includes the big pirate figures you found. Generally the 4 juniors are frowned upon because they were overly dumbed down so they're usually avoided by lots of people.

They're still Lego. So as long as you don't mind the figures you can use them however you want.

They aren't that bad, but they're not great either. I picked up a few copies of one of the sets because it had a larger rowboat that I really like. I've occasionally used one of the figs as a giant pirate in MOCs. but by and large, for me they were just parts packs.

Well guys please just look at whole 4 Juniors Pirate sets and backgrounds in general. It is much better than standard pirate ones, but sucks at mini figures.

If Lego just could replace those mini figures from standard new pirates and imperials from 2009 it would be awesome. because in 4 Juniors Pirates you can found many unique things which are unique comparing to all pirate themes. First of all, much better background with topical jungle island to fit Pirate style.

Second you can see rare red colored parrot which is used in 6769 Fort Legoredo set.Very rare green parrot from Belville Golden land is also included. Also you can found first time used in pirates red scorpion and red spider.For first time in pirates we even see bats. There are also nice designed rafts, islands etc.

I bought a mixed lot of Lego today, and found 3 pirates, I can't find them on bricklink.

So exactly what are you going to do with these 3 oversized pirates?

Yup. It was Lego's way of saying "We're ALMOST giving you pirates back... but not quite."

Yeah, at the time it kind of felt like the LEGO Group was taunting us Pirate fanatics. More than anything we wanted new "SYSTEM" Pirate sets and then they dish out these 4+ with their somewhat horrible designs and oversized pirate figures.

If Lego just could replace those mini figures from standard new pirates and imperials from 2009 it would be awesome.

You could always get the minifigures and do it yourself. :pir-classic:

But it takes a lot more than replacing the minifigures to make the 4+ pirate sets decent, I've tried it. The 4+ sets may have been ok for parts to use in larger MOCs but like Mack said the sets are "dumbed down" and their designs are too basic for their own good.

Well guys please just look at whole 4 Juniors Pirate sets and backgrounds in general. It is much better than standard pirate ones, but sucks at mini figures.

What do you mean by that? Are you saying the 4+ Junior Pirate sets were better than the original/classic Pirate LEGO sets? :pir-oh3: