Sign in to follow this  
Solitary Dark

The Battle of Fallen's Fist

When I was at Uni in 96 my interest in Star Wars was re-invigorated by the launch of the Shadows of the Empire series.

I read the book, the Comic's, have all the Kenner toy range and the 'Making of' book, but never managed to get the N64 game.

The end of each media source featured a space battle over Coruscant with an attack of the falleen's fist, A skyhook, owner by reptillian crimelord Prince Xizor. Dash in his Outrider, with Lando Chewy and Leia in the Falcon pursued Xizor in his ship the Virago to the skyhook. The Skyhook was destroyed by Darth Vader in the Executor.

The Outrider is still my favourite ship design in the Star Wars universe and its a crime there isnt a good lego version available - maybe next year for the 15th Anniversary please???

In the game you play as the Outrider, and the scene is described in the book, and seen in the comic, but the battle could have been fantastic on the big screen.

So here's my version:

batle_of_falleens_fist_1.jpg

One of the few visual reference sources:

battleovercoruscant-soteloadscreen.jpg

Fits on a 48x48 baseplate - one of the arms appears to overhang on the image, but it doesnt...

battle_of_falleens_fist_2.jpg

Some more views...

battle_of_falleens_fist_3.jpg

battle_of_falleens_fist_4.jpg

battle_of_falleens_fist_5.jpg

I really enjoyed building the individual ships, but the base became a bit of a rush! (following a cat attack on my medium entry and tonight is the last Doctor who - Competition for building time!)

Individual photos of the ships are on my Flickr page

My Flickr page

Edited by mookage

That's increible! I love it! I just have to ask- I've never read/sen anything related to the Outrider, is it a Correlian ship?

The Outrider is a Corellian YT-2400 Frieghter, that has been heavily modified.

The design team that came up with the design deliberately intended it to be reminiscient of the Falcon.

You can see the Wookiepedia Entry here:

My link

Take a look here at the fantastic Kenner version of the ship

My link

I like the ships you made, but I think the greebling on the baseplate could be improved. It could use some more studs or pipes to make it seem more complicated.

Nice job overall.

The Outrider is a Corellian YT-2400 Frieghter, that has been heavily modified.

Thought so- you know a correlian ship when you see one.

Good work 'mookage'! pirate_thumbup.gif Though I'm not familiar with this one, I think you manage to capture the scene very well based on the reference pic. The mini ships are very well built for its size, though I'm not so sure about the base - I'm kinda distracted by too much color in there. Is it supposed to be that way in the real scene?