Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

LEGO design challenge for the US Late Holiday Catalog

From Frank Hoffman, Affiliate Marketing Manager LEGO Direct to Consumer:

Hello Everyone,

The US LEGO Catalog is holding a Design Challenge to find the cover for the Late Holiday Catalog. Entries can be submitted now through August 8th. Enthusiasts ages 5 and older are invited to submit an idea for a new LEGO creation.

Contest Overview:

Develop your new LEGO creation using a maximum of 100 LEGO bricks and/or elements. Then, submit a photo or image of your creation along with a brief description of your creation (50 words or fewer). You may build your creation using physical bricks and elements or you may develop your creation virtually, using LEGO® Design by ME. One Grand Prize winner will be determined in each of the four age categories: ages 5-8, ages 9-12, ages 13-15 and ages 16 and older.

The Prizes:

Winner’s creation will be featured in the Late Holiday 2010 edition of the LEGO® Shop-at-Home Catalog issued in November. In addition, winner will receive a $100 LEGO® Gift Card (redeemable at any LEGO® Store, online at shop.LEGO.com, or through the LEGO® Shop-at-Home Catalog), a $50 LEGO® Design by ME gift card, a Sponsor-specified LEGO® set and a LEGO® Certificate of Achievement. (The approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $200). Sponsor will select, at its sole discretion, one of the winning creations to be featured on the cover of the catalog. There is no monetary value associated with winner’s submission being featured in the catalog or on the cover of the catalog. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize.

Contest Landing Page:

http://shop.lego.com/designchallenge

Complete Details can be found here:

https://www.dlblairsweepstakes.com/j6813/rules.html

Kind Regards,

Frank

QUOTE:

This promotion is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 5 years of age or older as of 6/24/10.

QUOTE:

This promotion is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 5 years of age or older as of 6/24/10.

Yes, thanks for clarifying that, it´s in the Complete Details :sweet:!

wow look at the prizes I'm definitely entering

thanks copmike for bringing this to eurobricks :thumbup:

Dang it! I'm only four years old! Darn it TLG! (Just kidding) But no, that sounds like a wonderful contest. I'll bet the "surprise 2010 set" will be something like a collectable minifigure or one of those Star Wars watches.

By the way, are we allowed to use a background? (Print out a snowy hill for a filler, etc.)

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

Dang it! I'm only four years old! Darn it TLG! (Just kidding) But no, that sounds like a wonderful contest. I'll bet the "surprise 2010 set" will be something like a collectable minifigure or one of those Star Wars watches.

By the way, are we allowed to use a background? (Print out a snowy hill for a filler, etc.)

-Santhor

No, it'll be around $50.

Sounds like fun, i will have to enter. I just hope the winners are not picked like some of the Lego magazine contests you know what I mean. :tongue:

I read through the ruels and was wondering, doed the entry have o show the full creation like this Or can it be a picture like this?

Edited by MrTools