Hinckley

My Fabuland display at Brickworld

builders_guild.gif gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I was able to display at Brickworld this year and had a little trouble when I first unpacked the boxes I had shipped from CA to Chicago:

before.jpg

But was able to rebuild most of the MOCs I brought.

after.jpg

There are some old favorites of mine plus some new buildings. I hope to be able to photograph them and post topics for each one before I pack them up into my parents crawlspace and head back to California.

2010_001.jpg

2010_002.jpg

Fenrik Fox's cottage

2010_003.jpg

Gaellen Goat's cottage

2010_004.jpg

Brando Bulldog the Butcher and his wife Clarice Cow

2010_005.jpg

Wolfrik Walrus the Fabuland Baker

2010_006.jpg

Ranulf Rabbit and Beegan Bunny's farmhouse

2010_007.jpg

Fabuland Firehouse

2010_008.jpg

Fabuland Train Station

2010_009.jpg

Gryfon Goat's Mill

2010_010.jpg

Gordon Gorilla's cottage

2010_011.jpg

And here's a quick little example of how pulverized everything arrived at this year's event:

2010_012.jpg

Moments later:

2010_013.jpg

Thanks for checking out the topic and please feel free to leave feedback. :sweet:

Edited by Pandora
Indexed

This is one fabulastic display down there! :wub:

I am sorry to hear that the content was messed up by the poor shipping but its incredible on the way you put things back together. There are many old and new Fabuland MOCs down there, and the Train Station is one of the lovely highlights in the scene. Will take a careful look later.

Great display Hinckley. I had seen some of it on your Brickzone site, but it's great to see it all put together. My favorite has to be the Fabuland fire station.

Ah, the FBG is pleased to see a healthy mix of old favourites and new creations all in one display! :wub:

We look forward to the individual topics. Maybe we'll finally get off our collective megablocks and index them, too. :wink:

Wow that's a great Fabuland Display Sir Hinckley! Lots of fabulous details, with each individual building having its own unique beauty. Gotta love that train too.

Terrific display, Hinckley :wub: These are some of the photos from Brickworld I have been longing to see the most!

I really like the new buildings, like the Fabuland Firehouse (great use of the new colour from the PoP line, and lovely bell) and Fabuland Train Station (just, what is Mickey doing there? *huh* ). Oh, and glad to see Siegfried's fishboat, too.

I hope to see those MOC specific topics soon :thumbup:

I still wonder how you got everything put together again, while teaching landscaping & presenting Eurobricks & dealing with the Moc cards & ...... Great job :thumbup:! I also enjoyed the new stuff added since last year! And now for some close-ups:

gallery_148_100_131358.jpg

Gaellen Goat moving the lawn.

gallery_148_100_23608.jpg

Apples anyone?

gallery_148_100_281418.jpg

Move faster!

I love the over sized details of Fabuland stuff when mixed with the standard parts. Seeing all those tiled roof pieces makes me very jealous.

This is a great little layout and the little humorous things add a nice variety. I haven't seen your layout before, and I wish I could have seen it in person.

I've seen a lot of the old ones before, but these are all just as awesome as ever. Sorry to hear about everything being completely pulverized though.

Fantastic Hinck, and it's just all the more impressive that you pieced it back together from utter destruction. It looks like you had a great display, and I particularly like the mill! Thanks for bringing us more Fabuland joy!

Despite all the...um...distractions, you still managed to get everything ready for the public days and your display was truly fantastic! I'll be borrowing some of your building techniques one of these days (my Fabuland figs need homes!).

~Stacy

Really nice MOCs ! I hope your persistent efforts to bring back MOCs into TLC business plan will pay off one day !

I like how Gaellen is still present today, it made my day :laugh: (Clarisse would cut me into pieces if she knew where that character does come from)

This was awesome :wub:

Have to admit though, looking at it when it was just a pile of rubble I thought "there's no way he'll be able to pull this off". I have now learned not to doubt you Hinckley, you pulled it off nicely, good job! Though I hear you've realized that you next year will have to succumb and join the darksilly side (we have tea from New York you know, in PaB cups) :laugh:

I really like the new buildings, like the Fabuland Firehouse (great use of the new colour from the PoP line, and lovely bell) and Fabuland Train Station (just, what is Mickey doing there? *huh* ). Oh, and glad to see Siegfried's fishboat, too.

Unfortunately you can't see it here, but Mickey is holding a knife and waiting for his next victim to wander into the dark alley.. :laugh:

Unfortunately you can't see it here, but Mickey is holding a knife and waiting for his next victim to wander into the dark alley.. :laugh:

Oh, I get it now: after acquiring Marvel, Disney has got into the Fabuland Edge affair, too! :laugh:

I still can't believe you managed to pull it off. When you dumped that pile of rubble onto the table...I died a little inside. I...like many others...thought there was no way you would get it all back together in time. Especially with all of your coordination and presentation duties. But...you showed us all what real determination is and your display was awesome! Over the next year we just need to work on your train and I think we'll be all set.

Fabuland FTMFW!!!!!

-Davey

p.s. I miss you already.

Fantabulous! This is great. My favourite detail is the train for sure :thumbup:

What a Fabulous display you got there 'Hinckley' - my favorites - a toss up between the train station and fire station !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

This looks great hinkley. I wish I had some fabuland stuff, being on this board really makes me want it more. I love your display, I think the mill has to be my favorite. The rocky entrance looks amazing and of course is fitting for a goat.

from my point of view when I saw it, your layout had one of the most detailed houses, and the street lamps were hard to find out until I asked you how you did it. You sure have a creative imagination there, keep up the beautiful work. :thumbup:

Hi Hinckley, that is a FABUlous wonderLAND ~ excellent work! :thumbup:

I am a new member joined recently and are currently writing a series of essay to introduce and promote FABULAND in Hong Kong & Taiwan. Seeing such wonderfull work of yours, may I ask for your permission to quote and use your picture as examples for high-quality FABULAND MOC? (I'll definitely mention that's a "Hinckley Production") I am sure fans from Hong Kong & Taiwan will fall in love with you amazing work at once.

(BTW, is there a name for your works? Kindly tell me so that I can include both the name and your pictures in my essay.)

Thanks again and I have already noticed a lot of buidling techniques by simpily looking at the picture - I do look forward to come to CA and watch your works in person.

Edited by HAGGAR

Ah, I remember this display, it was one of my favorites! And seeing all of that just pour out of the box smashed was horrid, how much more so for the builder? But you did an excellent job putting it all back together :thumbup: