Sign in to follow this  
RoryoCox

The Fate of Bespin

Here is my entry to the epic scenes small category. I am replacing the Pit of Carkoon. It shows the evacuation of Bespin, Han in Carbonite and the most memorable scene, Luke and Vader's battle. This MOC has a playset feel so some of the proportions are out. I would say it is built to be like the 10188 Death Star. The bottom level is designed so you can see the slope, but not making it too dark as I feel it would suppress the general feel of the MOC.

4728156724_a93d3af8af.jpg

4728141902_cc65eb3ce3.jpg

4727497435_a6c62ae6fd.jpg

4733750262_1b12f5d22e_z.jpg

I hope you liked my entry. Please comment on how I can improve it.

Edited by Burman

Wow. This is great. Many great scenes in one! Although it's sad to see your Carkoon gone, this is better! :thumbup:

Nice entry Burman.

Best of luck.

Although your previous entry was already good, this one is even much better! pirate_thumbup.gif

It's great to see you managed to put 3 scenes in your entry. Among the three levels, I like the middle one the best. I love the clever build of the stairs and the semi-circle platform.

You did a good job. :classic: If I were to tweak it, in the bottom scene I'd add 1) a rail around Vader (maybe a flexi tube with straight droid arms) and those three tubes (http://thestranded.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/i-am-your-father.jpg) and 2) drop out the bottom, either leave it empty or make it very deeper. It misses the feeling of hanging in space.

But, the top two work well :thumbup:

BTW, just some very minor observations, I could be wrong here, but did Vader remove his cloak on that scene? I also noticed Boba doesn't have his shoulder cloak.

Good idea and build, but I have one slight nitpick: Luke still has his right hand and he's out on the gantry. He didn't move out there until after it was cut off. Might want to have Luke hanging on by his left hand.

Nice work! Is it just me, or do half of the entries have more than one scene?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe not half, but a lot of the entries do have multiple scenes. I guess the more scenes the more chances of winning.

BTW, just some very minor observations, I could be wrong here, but did Vader remove his cloak on that scene? I also noticed Boba doesn't have his shoulder cloak.

Yes, he did have his cape, which was being blown by fake-wind.

Burman, I think that you kind of reached to far with this one. You tried to do a lot, but ended up ignoring features leaving it with obvious flaws (the bottom level especially). It has potential, but not execution.

Yes, he did have his cape, which was being blown by fake-wind.

Burman, I think that you kind of reached to far with this one. You tried to do a lot, but ended up ignoring features leaving it with obvious flaws (the bottom level especially). It has potential, but not execution.

I have to agree, every detail is important, no matter how small it may be. Vader without his cape just doesn't look right, so maybe you could put it back. Don't forget also the shoulder cloak of Boba. Good for you, you have the new Boba minifig (I don't have one yet) so pls. dress him well. default_blink.gif

Thanks for the advice everybody. I have changed a few things going by your advice and have added the bottom picture. I hope you like it now. Anything else that I can do please tell me.

Thanks for the advice everybody. I have changed a few things going by your advice and have added the bottom picture. I hope you like it now. Anything else that I can do please tell me.

No problem Burman, it's great to hear you really take the criticisms constructively to improve your MOC(s). For that alone, you're already a winner. Though the competition is really tough, I hope you do well in the contest. Good luck my friend! default_classic.gif