iNeedMoreBricks

Coming out of my Dark Ages!

Hi all, new to Eurobricks but of course not to LEGO.

I'm a AFOL based in Des Moines, Iowa who has recently (~6 months now) begun growing my collection again in hopes to build something big like I wanted to when I was younger.

I was very inspired by the creations that were sparked by the Cafe Corner / Grand Emporium style architecture and techniques. I love these techniques and the level of detail some builders capture, simply amazing work.

I recently attended Brickworld 2010, my first LEGO event, with my wife who was also inspired to build something ... so we have a project in mind for display next year ... we'll see if we can get it done. High hopes.

As far as I know there isn't a Central Iowa LUG ... So I may have to start one. If anyone on here is from the area, please feel free to message me! I'm eager to meet, learn, and build!

Other background ... I'm in my 30's, a Software Engineer by trade (most years spent doing web based applications), very active in computer/console gaming and hobbyist game design/development, and have participated in some performance driving events ... Generally I collect hobbies.

Welcome and enjoy the boards! :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks!

The Modular buildings certainly are inspiring, aren't they? fantastic sets, if you can afford them.

I wish you and your wife the best of luck with your planned build - do you think you'll be posting it here when you finish it? would certainly be nice to see it!

Also, good luck with starting your LUG, if that is indeed what you have to do to get one in your area. I have no doubt you'll be doing the Lego community a service!

Enjoy your time here, it's a great community.

Regards Will/Rocketbilly