Eilif

Brickworld 2010 After-Action reports

I really wanted to attend BW this year, since I have been missing out on so much that has been going in AFOL land. However my brother had decided to have wedding that day and asked me to stand up. I said yes without thinking about it, but after the phone call I quickly realized that it's the same weekend as BW! :cry_sad:

I debated which to attend, my brother's wedding or BW. My wife made the decision for me. :look:

Alas, I did not attend BW. :pir_bawling:

Next year I'm attending, and spending all four days there!!! I will then be done with school and all my brothers will have been married. It'll just be me and my Lego!

Oh... ...and Hinck.

Oh... ...and Copmike.

Oh... ...and my Wife. :blush:

So whos excited by the Centaurs unveiled by BrickForge at BrickWorld?

some other BF goodies unveiled:

It's time for me to take more time at the Brickforge booth! I just picked up a couple plasma blades, a set of halo armor, and 2 sets of S.W.A.T. gear. I didn't have much time to look at much else as the booth was very crowded.

I'm being quoted too widely... ; ) must be more discrete in the future!

haha!

Was nice meeting you. We will have to share a proper Metric Pint next year!

This was my third Brickworld (second registered). Here's a link to my after action report if anyone is interested:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/209845

I also want to take a second to say how awesome it was to meet so many new friends including Josh (I Scream Clone) was not only a lot cooler in person, but also a lot taller! And you're welcome for the Dawg man. Can't let you come to Chicago without sampling some of our fine cuisine! hahaha

To all my friends, it was really like a family reunion! This community is probably THE coolest bunch of people that I've ever had the pleasure of hanging with. For me, that's what BW is all about! I love all you guys (yes, even Stash) and am already counting down till 2011!

~ Chris.

Fantastic Review Chris!

You're not Rick, are you?

Was nice meeting you. We will have to share a proper Metric Pint next year!

My treat! Just remind me ; )

God Bless,

Nathan

Brickworld was incredible. This was my first year at Brickworld and my first Lego convention ever. I can honestly say I was not prepared for the experience. I have read through all of the threads from BW’s previous but that does not do them justice. If anyone is on the fence about attending they should come. The man I have to thank the most is Adam (stash). He is the guy who convinced me to come and he was so right.

I was part of the collaborative train display with Ben Coifman and the Kearby family.

As everyone has said, the best part of BW is meeting everyone in person. Thanks to Adam I was able to meet a lot of cool people. The international folks: CopMike, Quarryman, I Scream Clone, the Quantas guys. The MOCPages guys, IndyLUG guys, PennLUG guys, so many people. After hours was by far the best part of the event and the tea was free-flowing. I need to get some of my own RAM next year since; apparently, Bud Light is not a beer. All I know is that if you truly want to experience BW then you will need to sacrifice sleep but in the long run it is totally worth it. I am already looking forward to next year.

You're not Rick, are you?

close enough, :)

Quarryman is right though, my BW badge said Rich.

I believe we met briefly near the EB layout on Saturday, you seemed extremely busy running around here and there.

Do anyone of you who attended know if a fellow by the name of Paul or Crowkillers was there? I am curious if he had his technic cars on display. I haven't seen any new pictures up yet from the event.

Yes he was there, I will be setting up the pictures I took on Flickr real soon when I do I will post the link. His Technic cars were incredible and He and his wife were very fun to talk too.

This was my 4th year as a registrant/displayer. As each year progresses the possibilities that we create with a simple brick amaze me. Each year I walk into the hotel wondering what new aweinspiring ideas will be on display, and I have yet to be disappointed. This year was the first time I have displayed a train layout and it was so great to be able to walk away and enjoy visiting with people I seldom talk to as well as meeting new friends. I look forward to the coming years, to see what Brickworld has to show the world. Bryan, Adam and staff, Great job once again on giving us a place to show the world what passion we share within the medium that is LEGO!

No, he's Rich :tongue:

The guy I kept insulting?

This was my second Brickworld, and it was amazing. I got to meet numerous Eurobricks members and other FOLs, and meet up with ones I've met in the past.

All of the MOCs this year were amazing. From "Containment" to the Quantas Airbus; from Dave and Stacy's layout to Stash, Quarry, CopMike, ISC, Polish Guy and Norro's layout to Hinckley's great Fabuland layout (good job on pulling it off!), they were all awe-inspiring and jaw-dropping. Great job everybody!

There are too many people to list who need to be thanked, but Adam and Bryan did a great job as usual, and all of the other coordinators clearly did their part too. Thank you all for making Brickworld 2010 an amazing event!

There was only one? :wink::tongue:

Yes he was there, I will be setting up the pictures I took on Flickr real soon when I do I will post the link. His Technic cars were incredible and He and his wife were very fun to talk too.

I met Paul at a train/toy show a few years ago in Monroeville Pennsylvania. He is a really funny guy and his technic stuff is unreal. I never met his wife though. I am going to have to make plans to hit that show next year. :thumbup: It sounds like a blast. :classic:

You may have referred to me as a jerk once or twice and mistaken me for I scream clone :)

Edited by nfl_solo

You may have referred to me as a jerk once or twice and mistaken me for I scream clone :)

Yay! I remember you! I liked you :sweet:

So... When's the Sigfig picture gonna be up?

As one of the "Qantas Guys" :) who flew over from Australia for the event i would like to say it was officialy awesome!

Everyone was so freindly, i met a lot of people i can now put faces to! had a great time and havent laughed so much in ages, all the Eurobrickers were great, met so many of you!

To the organisers: Bryan, Dave, Adam, Kathie, Stacy and everyone else i forgot, you guys put on an awesome show! it really was a total blast! all your hard work really showed it rocked!

To everyone who showed off a MOC, it was amazing, so many unbelievably high quality models on show i was blown away and everyone has insipired me to make my mocs even better for next year! Thank you for inspiring me!

Cheers

Ryan

PS a huge thanks to all the gang at the Lego stores too, thanks for putting out so many bargains! i finally was able to afford a Millenium Falcon!

So... When's the Sigfig picture gonna be up?

Soon as I can find my darn cable for the camera!

Here is my version of the Sig Fig pic

13461_779454045989_30801063_42210631_1859098_n.jpg

Here are a bunch of pictures from the event. I tried my best to give credit to MOC's that I either knew or that had MOC cards that were legible in the picture. Please help me fill out the rest.

I think you need a Facebook account to comment but not to view the pictures (assuming I set the privacy settings correctly). Enjoy!

Brickworld - June 17, 2010

Brickworld - June 18, 2010 (This has the vast majority of the pics)

Brickworld - June 19, 2010

Brickworld - June 20, 2010

Lol, my left arm is cut off by that black thing :tongue:

This was my first LEGO event I attended and to which I brought some of my own MOC's, and it was well worth the long trip. I visited LEGO events before (Legoworld, 1000-steineland and even Brickworld), but attending is so much better.

I want to thank the organization for making it such a great experience. I also want to thank everybody for the opportunity to make new friends and seeing a lot of very interesting creations.

The sig fig pic looks so great! I can see me!

P.S. I need a new sig fig. :sweet:

Hey, THERE I am! On the left! SWEET! (Thanks for putting me in there Stash!)

~ Chris.

Wait till you see all the things your fig got up too!