Sign in to follow this  
-JD-

March on the Temple

Good enough to enter?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Super! It has a real chance of winning!
    • Great! But it needs improvements to be good enough!
    • Good, but don't enter.

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Before I enter a contest I make all the ideas for each category, then break up the 'weaker' ones. This may be one of them!

Operation Knightfall: Newly annointed Lord Vader marches to the Temple to eradicate the Jedi with the aid of Clone Troopers.

4709072235_fef80943ce_b.jpg

4709713432_356baabd30_b.jpg

4717851771_f8833901f6_b.jpg

C&C welcome! :thumbup:

Edited by KimT

I want this one without even seeing the others!

Operation knightfall is my favourite scene from ROTS!

But of course it will need some more to make it even better!

Maybe you should consider making this into a medium sized entry?

Please make this one!

Edited by BrickClick

It's a nice start but needs some more detail. Maybe add statues or decorate the entrance also everything looks so still.

Maybe add some Jedi. It needs some small improvements but it is good.

It's a nice start but needs some more detail. Maybe add statues or decorate the entrance also everything looks so still.

Definitely.

I voted for needs improvement. It doesn't have that wow factor. It doesn't seem too unique and I could be seeing it for the first time and think I've already seen it. Bumping it up to a medium sized entry would open up more possibilities. I don't believe it has much of a chance winning but with more improvement and detail it could easily be turned to the dark sideinto a wonderful entry! :grin:

Best regards,

JCC

I agree with 'Burman' one or two Jedi would set it off well, and they be the first to die ! :vader:

Great work so far 'Jammiedodger714' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

It's a good entry Jammiedodger, it's simple yet you managed to capture the scene very well. pirate_thumbup.gif But you could still improve it with addition of more details, or maybe you could customize the clones with blue markings for a more authentic look? A darker lighting in the background might also help, since in the scene in the movie happend at night.

I the guy who voted don't enter :blush:

I think your images are very powerful, but the build is much too simple. For me, I vote on the ingenuity of the build... How it could be made better? An in-perspective rendering of the inner temple with studs, to create an illusion of depth... Which I couldn't do myself. But keep in mind it's what I'd vote for.

I think this scene is difficult to do at 16x16, since it should have some grandness, and think if you boosted it to 32x32, created an arch, and developed the stairs, you could do something wonderful.

Again, on a positive note, your images are great (lighting, angles etc) but please increase the complexity.

I want this one without even seeing the others!

Operation knightfall is my favourite scene from ROTS!

But of course it will need some more to make it even better!

Maybe you should consider making this into a medium sized entry?

Please make this one!

:laugh: Thanks!

The others are better than this it seems, so don't get too excited!

Yes, those are good ideas. :thumbup: Thanks.

I voted for needs improvement. It doesn't have that wow factor. It doesn't seem too unique and I could be seeing it for the first time and think I've already seen it. Bumping it up to a medium sized entry would open up more possibilities. I don't believe it has much of a chance winning but with more improvement and detail it could easily be turned to the dark sideinto a wonderful entry! :grin:

I see what you mean. In my opinion in looks rather plain too, mainly grey and white.

I did try it as a medum size entry, but I ran out of pieces. :blush:

I agree with 'Burman' one or two Jedi would set it off well, and they be the first to die ! :vader:

Great work so far 'Jammiedodger714' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks.

The Jedi idea is sounding better and better, but it wouldn't be movie accurate. Ah well. :tongue:

It's nice, but I don't think it has the stunning feature it does in the movie.

Indeed. The music and sheer scale helped in that!

Unfortunately, as I said, I don't have the parts to hand. :cry_sad:

It's a good entry Jammiedodger, it's simple yet you managed to capture the scene very well. pirate_thumbup.gif But you could still improve it with addition of more details, or maybe you could customize the clones with blue markings for a more authentic look? A darker lighting in the background might also help, since in the scene in the movie happend at night.

Thanks Kiel. :thumbup:

I could never do such a thing to my little pretties! :cry_sad: I love them too much!

I don't even have Photoshop to edit the markings in, so that happening is unlikely...

Very nice

Thanks! :tongue:

It is very movie accurate.

Thanks brickfoot. :laugh:

I think your images are very powerful, but the build is much too simple. For me, I vote on the ingenuity of the build... How it could be made better? An in-perspective rendering of the inner temple with studs, to create an illusion of depth... Which I couldn't do myself. But keep in mind it's what I'd vote for.

I think this scene is difficult to do at 16x16, since it should have some grandness, and think if you boosted it to 32x32, created an arch, and developed the stairs, you could do something wonderful.

Again, on a positive note, your images are great (lighting, angles etc) but please increase the complexity.

:oh:

That would take a while, and I'm no MOC wizard! :grin: A giant PaB order may help with the brick shortage, but it probably won't arrive in time. :sad:

Thanks for the great ideas and support anyway def! :classic:

A giant PaB order may help with the brick shortage, but it probably won't arrive in time. :sad:

Thanks for the great ideas and support anyway def! :classic:

Yeah I doubt you would get the PaB order in six days. Mine took twelve.

Yeah I doubt you would get the PaB order in six days. Mine took twelve.

The last one I ordered arrived in four days, but making the scene will be rushed if it takes that much tiime again. :hmpf_bad:

Indeed. The music and sheer scale helped in that!

True. it's hard to hear icredible music in a picturedefault_laugh_new.gif .