KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

TIE Defender- Well, it's not that great. The way the wings are attached makes the ship look worse. I will not be getting it. On the bright side it looks like the new Imperial helmets are shrunk down. :sweet: [/b]

[/color]

That's what I was trying to say! I just couldn't put it into words. Thanks! :classic:

We'll have to wait for battle pack pics; so far we only have pics of the Imperial one. The figs in it are great (except that light bley helmet :sick: ), but the set, apart from the speeder bike, is just terrible.

I've always liked the TIE Defender, but the price/piece ratio is insane. I think we all expected more parts based not only on the price, but the fact that the Defender inherently has more wings than the other TIEs. I would have gladly paid for a 400 or 500 piece ship---it could use it due to how many wings and struts it has, plus the "separate" cockpit it has (it's mounted ahead of where the struts mount, rather than the strut mounts and cockpit all being the same "ball" of structure)

:cry_happy: okay, i mean i like some of the new sets like the new pilots for the Arc-170(sadly, i already have 2 of the 2005 versions, so i probably will not get one) , I'm not that thrilled with the new sets. I'm gonna have to see how the others come out when their pics come in. But the TIE Defender, just ugly. Can't they stop making these things? :pir-hmpf: Anyways, some look OK, while others are :pir-sick:

I love the figs - Lego makes more and more intresting figs all the time, just wish we could get more and faster - so many more we need!

Looks like Bricklink for the figures - cos I cant see myself buying many, if any, of the sets

Space to display these things has forced me to be more demanding of sets I buy

TIE Defender looks awful - like the Interceptor, and the one TIE that actually is blue they got wrong!

Freco speeder has me asking - why? Not really anything to do with this set. Same goes for the Tri Fighter - its barely changed, and I have 23 rocket droids anyway, they dont need a commander, they can get shoot to bits all by themselves!

I'll get the ARC because....well, I need I set in January, I do love building sets after all!

Thanks heaps for the pics!

The freeco bike looks very cool and sleek. :thumbup: And the Talz looks awesome!

The only thing I dred is the price :sceptic:

The tie defender looks awesome! One of my favorite tie's although I shall get it depending on the price...

The other two look great although I probably wont get them.

Now we just need pics for the BP's!

That's what I was trying to say! I just couldn't put it into words. Thanks! :classic:

I was having a hard time coming up with something. :tongue: The hinges used to connect the wings to the main body are an eyesore. They wings are too close to the main body. Is that better?

I was having a hard time coming up with something. :tongue: The hinges used to connect the wings to the main body are an eyesore. They wings are too close to the main body. Is that better?

Haha, eyesore that's perfect! The connections did strike me as most ugly, but another disappointing factor is that the cockpit literally looks like a ball stuck in front of the three-directional technic elements. If they could have come up with a way to smooth that transition, it would have looked a bit better even with the ugly wing connection.

Three-directional... I name parts as I go. :grin:

Do we have any word at all of Luke's Landspeeder? Because it is the simplest set, it may turn out to be one of the best! :hmpf:

Do we have any word at all of Luke's Landspeeder? Because it is the simplest set, it may turn out to be one of the best! :hmpf:

It probably won't be long. After seeing these pics the Landspeeder will be my favorite. I hope it's not overpriced like the others. The battle packs don't look that epic either. :tongue: The ARC has some nice detail but it's overpriced, but this is not the place for that. I'm very disappointed. :sceptic: At least most of the August sets sound promising. :sweet:

Dang!! I wish I was on EB yesterday! :oh3:

Those are some stunning sets!!!!!!! :wub:

Thanks for finding Pi :thumbup:

Great job Lego! :cry_happy: that Defender looks truly Amazing!!!! :wub:

And so do the others!!

Can't wait to see more pics!

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

its nice that Anakin has a new face for the freeco speeder but I feel it was kinda unnecessary to do so. His old head was great and why did they have to change it just to put on a different smile? Seems kinda strange to me

It looks like the two sets I might get out of the four will be the speeder and the TIE. The freeco speeder is decent. Nothing incredible, but it's nice enough for me to consider getting. The TIE defender looks a little off. If I get it, I might have to do a little modding and bring those wings closer into the main body, and maybe make the body a little larger with the extra pieces.

I think 2010 is going to be a pretty dry year.

its nice that Anakin has a new face for the freeco speeder but I feel it was kinda unnecessary to do so. His old head was great and why did they have to change it just to put on a different smile? Seems kinda strange to me

To me he looks like he's angry! :laugh::blush:

The TIE defender looks a little off. If I get it, I might have to do a little modding and bring those wings closer into the main body, and maybe make the body a little larger with the extra pieces.

I think 2010 is going to be a pretty dry year.

Agreed the Defender's wings are alittle too far out imo.

NO! :yoda: it's going to be a Great year! :grin:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

I love all of them but can't wait to get my hands on that tri-droid, cause the Seperatists should have won are awesome, and I'm lovin the printed rocket droid commander.

do you think that we will be seeing printed Battle droid comanders, security and pilots next?

I hope so :grin:

I'm not sure I like the new Tie though, I just find Ties boring, (not meant to offend anyone obsessed with ties)IMO

The Tals is a must get, and I hope to see his mold in a new cantina set, otherwise, I will call it a stupid waste of a mold, they could have spent on something useful, wishfully involving Bane and/or his crew of Patriot fans bounty Hunters

I hate Jag cause he killed Plo, But if he's in the flimsy republic inferior to droids ship Arc, I don't mind (I think that's him but I just can't make the name out)

Just one Q; were is the pic of the lang speeder?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

About 20 pages back. :tongue:

Try searching through this topic and then your question will be answerd. :sweet::wink:

EDIT:

Found it! :grin: This is the clearest pic we have had so far.

Here it is, the Landspeeder

Hope this helps you.

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Well, I know none of you are going to agree with me but... I'm really disappointed. :sceptic:

The freeco speeder has great figs and I love the streamline shape, but it just doesn't have the right feel to it... like a cross between minifig and midi scale. Good details, but not enough pieces for the price (then again, like all clone wars...).

The Tri-fighter looks better than we all gave it credit for. The new fig is great, and they made some great improvements... except why is one of the panels on it black? :wacko:

The Arc-170 is amazing, I must say, and it would immediately be one of my favorite sets except for the piece/price ratio!!!!!!

The Tie Defender is the biggest disappointment. It also has a terrible piece/price ratio, and it's too brick-built... not enough slopes. It's sort of ugly.

Of course, I'll still be getting all of these because I'm a sucker for new figs. :grin:

Hopefully this is Amazon pre-order pricing. If this is their final price, TLC is going to see some sales dropping.

I love all of them but can't wait to get my hands on that tri-droid, cause the Seperatists should have won are awesome, and I'm lovin the printed rocket droid commander.

do you think that we will be seeing printed Battle droid comanders, security and pilots next?

I hope so :grin:

I'm not sure I like the new Tie though, I just find Ties boring, (not meant to offend anyone obsessed with ties)IMO

The Tals is a must get, and I hope to see his mold in a new cantina set, otherwise, I will call it a stupid waste of a mold, they could have spent on something useful, wishfully involving Bane and/or his crew of Patriot fans bounty Hunters

I hate Jag cause he killed Plo, But if he's in the flimsy republic inferior to droids ship Arc, I don't mind (I think that's him but I just can't make the name out)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

ARC-bashing aside ( :hmpf_bad::tongue: ) I think KimT mentioned that we will indeed get Cad Bane. As to what set he's in, I have no idea.

About 20 pages back. :tongue:

But thats a big number :wacko::blush:

sorry, and thanks

I actualy meant one w/out a confidential sign, but this'll do for now

I think KimT mentioned that we will indeed get Cad Bane. As to what set he's in, I have no idea.

sweet!

I expected as much but since this I don't ussualy hang in this forum much (not enough mocs, and when they are there they're ussualy so big and awesome they hurt my pride :cry_sad: ) I wouldn't Know that.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by dannylonglegs

On the CW thing, I've been wronged! Unless of course, because the Defender and the battlepacks (which we don't have pictures of for some reason...) all have the CW label, it is PT! Except of course.. the droid...which I pointed out...

Everything else, I was more than right! In the new picture of the Defender, it looks kind of scanty, but oh well. Please note that the Tri-Fighter has a big ugly bar going under it's bottom wings so it can fire missiles.

EDIT: We can now clearly see, they are "Captain Jag and Clone Pilot."

I said it was Jag on page 103! Seriously I dont know why no-one answered me when i asked you guys if it was him. Please try to read all posts next time. :hmpf_bad:

On the CW thing, I've been wronged! Unless of course, because the Defender and the battlepacks (which we don't have pictures of for some reason...) all have the CW label, it is PT! Except of course.. the droid...which I pointed out...
Actually, you might be correct about the PT/CW thing!

I just checked the Amazon product description (see below), and it says that the astromech droid is R4-P44. According to Wookieepedia, R4-P44 only appeared in Episode III.

Includes 2 clone pilots with special helmet design, 1 R4-P44 astromech droid and 1 Jedi Master Kit Fisto minifigures
Edited by ILikePi

I said it was Jag on page 103! Seriously I dont know why no-one answered me when i asked you guys if it was him. Please try to read all posts next time. :hmpf_bad:

I think your right Cloney. It is Jai-galaar (Jag). Good job. :thumbup::tongue:

Thanks for sharing those clearer pictures :cry_happy:

Freeco speeder

great accurate design, relatively cheap, includes a new alien minifigure.

Droid Tri-fighter

great set, looks sturdier and more accurate than the old design, again relatively cheap, and with droids.

TIE Defender

disappointment here, although the design is accurate it's bricky and fragile.

most disappointing: price is off-scale for this design.

positive: I like the new helmet design.

ARC-170 Starfighter

Hard to see the difference with the old design.

Would have loved an other jedi instead of Kit Fisto, but that's minor.

And again: I like the new helmet designs.

Keep those pictures coming!

Still I will get me a copy of it... The collector thing still sticks to me.

Yep, agreed - although I'll have to reconsider buying multiple sets.

Actually, you might be correct about the PT/CW thing!

I just checked the Amazon product description (see below), and it says that the astromech droid is R4-P44. According to Wookieepedia, R4-P44 only appeared in Episode III.

Gee, thanks 'ILikePi' for the wiki link, but I still feel that the ARC is from Clone Wars not Ep.III as it is stated in Wookieepedia that the ARC-170 was used towards the end of the Clone Wars about a year before the Battle Of Coruscant.

I suspect that The Clone Wars series will going go the another two years or so, hence we might see over the next twelve months sets that look ep.III actually be Clone Wars ones. Of course I could be wrong.

I think it's a great idea, just like yellow figs with tons of different expressions, SW figs need multiple expressions as well.

I though if they remake something it has to be the same sub-theme as before.

THey own the license, they can do whatever they want, as long as Lucas approves.

I see no reason why they would have to keep it as the same sub-theme. By subtheme I assume you mean Classic / Pre-trilogy / and Clone Wars.