KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Since in 2008 we got Vader's TIE Fighter as mid-scale set in the awesome 10188 DS and then 2009 Vader's TIE Fighter as a regular set (not mid-scale):

Do you think that the second SW Exclusive might be a new MF?

Maybe with Hoth Leia, Chewie, injured Luke, Major Bren Darlin, medical droid and a small medical room and/or command center (both as extra locations which are not included in the MF itself but in the set)?

Or do you think that we already know now all ESB sets for this year and that the second SW Exclusive will be something totally different or even not from the OT?

Klaus-Dieter

Do you think that the second SW Exclusive might be a new MF?

Klaus-Dieter

I really doubt they will release another MF seeing the UCS Falcon is just out of production. I do expect the next exclusive to be in the OT line.

I really doubt they will release another MF seeing the UCS Falcon is just out of production. I do expect the next exclusive to be in the OT line.

Yeah I think a MF is out of the loop this time.

Hopefully we'll get one later on :wub:

What's all this about exclusives?

What makes you think something more than the UCS Shuttle is on it's way?

Hey, guys, have you considered that the 2,500 piece count in the Shuttle set may not necessarily be for the Shuttle? It could be a much smaller Shuttle... with a landing pad, perhaps, or something else of that style.

Edited by Raphy

Except the shuttle set is around 2500 pieces, no I haven't considered that.

KimT are you aware the written set list for Jan doesn't list the ISP aka swamp speeder.

What exactly is the UCS based on?.

Hey, guys, have you considered that the 3,200 piece count in the Shuttle set may not necessarily be for the Shuttle? It could be a much smaller Shuttle... with a landing pad, perhaps, or something else of that style.

I would actually prefer that, but usually in the past UCS sets don't come with anything but the ship. It will be interesting to see.

KimT are you aware the written set list for Jan doesn't list the ISP aka swamp speeder.

That's because the Swamp Speeder was a surprise limited edition release that wasn't on the first list posted.

The UCS is probably based on LEGO bricks :tongue:

No, seriously the info is based on posts here on EB and informations floating around the internet.

I really can't remember where it all comes from.

What puzzles me is that the info on the Shuttle was updated months ago and you guys didn't start discussing it until lately.

:sceptic:

Don't you ever check the first post around here? :laugh:

I am guilty of forgetting the goodness that is the first post.

I am guilty of forgetting the goodness that is the first post.

:laugh:

And we even got the closed news topic to keep it simple for all of us :grin:

Anyways I can't wait to get my hands on the new sets - one extra wampa cave to keep MISB.

Just because it's Hoth :wub:

The UCS Shuttle is on the top of my list.

I wish we had pictures of it - but hopefully they'll reveal it soon.

(we can always hope)

Any fairs or cons coming up where they could do so?

Yeah ok Mr smarty pants, but I meant is it like the UCS shuttle from episode 3, or based on the one from episode 6, or what.

What puzzles me is that the info on the Shuttle was updated months ago and you guys didn't start discussing it until lately.

Weeell.... You did list it with a question mark and without a piece/price count so it really didn't seem to firm up for a wee while... and then, and then... we all got excited about that AT-AT and whether it would be UCS and then talked lotsa dribble there ... and so we were somewhat distracted and then ... weeell...

Rumors being rumors and all...

Dang! Why do I feel like I just got told off by my dad!?! :look:

Edited by Aeroeza

UCS pretty much just means "big and expensive"

The huge model-like starfighters like the X-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and Y-wing are UCS, but so is the Death Star playset and the Jawa Sandcrawler.

I like the idea that this set might not be UCS in the strictest sense. There are plenty of Lego kits in the 10000 number range that have never been officially called UCS., even though they might be listed as such on the Lego website.

10123: Cloud City

10131: Tie Collection

10144: Sandcrawler

10178: Motorized Walking AT-AT

10188: Death Star

10195: Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker

10198: Tantive IV

The UCS criteria is pretty vague as to what it actually constitutes. Did anyone here consider Cloud City or Tie Collection as part of the USC series? I know I didn't. I don't actually look at any of the above as UCS. They might have the 10000 number range slapped on them, but they all seem pretty ordinary, minifig scale sets to me. What differentiates 10198: Tantive IV from 7665: Republic Cruiser? It's even more complicated seeing as the previous Tantive IV was the original USC ship released in 2001 - 10019.

Things get even more complicated when you consider the following kits:

7181: Tie Interceptor

7191: X-Wing Fighter

7194: Yoda

Like I said, the USC label is pretty vague and seems to be a bit of a catch-all at times.

And as far as Evidence goes, from what I've seen, is just an illustration of some minifigs with the number of the set they will belong to. But at no point have I seen the term UCS officially attached to those figs or the number 10212. Everyone is assuming, because of the 10000 range number that the Shuttle will be a USC, when like the other 10000 range kits listed above, it could just be a minifig kit with a high number of parts, not that piece count is much to go by. And we only know it's a shuttle due to there being a Shuttle Pilot tied to the kit number. At least it seems logical that a shuttle of some sort goes with a shuttle pilot. And because of the other figures linked to the number 10212, it seems logical that Luke's surrender is a scenario that Lego have been working on. Luke's Surrender might even be the name of the kit. Who knows right now?

The only other thing that might make this set be classed as UCS is the high price, but then again, price is no real indicator that a set is officially considered UCS, and is possibly only tied to piece count. A set doesn't need a high price or piece count to be considered UCS by Lego - 10026 Special Edition Naboo Starfighter.

After weighing it all up, my money is on the set being similar to the Cloud City play set from 2003. I'm hoping for an improved minifig scale Shuttle along with a platform or the corridor in which Luke and Vader have their first civilised encounter.

A true UCS scale shuttle, utilizing all the 2500+ parts, and possibly matching the measurements quoted by another forum member earlier, would be too impractical and fragile. The UCS Falcon and ISD were cumbersome enough, but at least they were shallow. A three foot high shuttle? I don't see it happening.

EDIT: Just found this MOC from 2007 showing quite a big platform. I can't find any info on piece count, but I think, if you removed the two Scout Walker and all the figures, then add a 500 piece shuttle, I think you'd be close to what some people on the forum might be thinking of.

http://brick.jamescook.nu/wp-content/uploa..._lego_endor.jpg

Edited by afosl

Any fairs or cons coming up where they could do so?

The imperial shuttle could be displayed at San Diego Comic Con like the Tantive IV was last year.

LegoGalactus

UCS pretty much just means "big and expensive"

The huge model-like starfighters like the X-Wing, TIE Interceptor, and Y-wing are UCS, but so is the Death Star playset and the Jawa Sandcrawler.

Yes I know, but I as i said the next post, the shuttle from episode 3 to save Vader, the one from 6 to get to Endor, or what.

Yes I know, but I as i said the next post, the shuttle from episode 3 to save Vader, the one from 6 to get to Endor, or what.

I assume the one from Episode 6 (Endor), seeing that the one from Episode 3 is brought in set 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle. I cannot imagine that they bring out 8096 in August and then 1 month later the same Shuttle but then in an UCS version.

Edited by OneSnowTrooper

Well, not to sound like to much of a wiseass

But in the first post you can (/could) see a small pic of the MF's involved: Darth Vader, Luke in his Endor-outfit, Imperial Pilot, Imperial Officer.

And since the shuttle is also called "Imperial Shuttle" I guess that answers your question :wink:

Edit: Oops, OneSnowTrooper beat me to it

I hope the set won't be big, and therefore expensive, but I'm afraid there's no way around that :sceptic:

I'm also still doubting if I should by "Palpatine's Shuttle" because the figs are awesome, but I don't really like the design of the ship :sadnew:

Well, guess I'll have to wait 'nd see.

Regards,

CF W

Edited by CF WeaZZel

I've been following this thread closely since day 1 and it wasn't mentioned until someone noticed the change in the first post - usually there's a big hullaballoo when new information comes out. I've not seen this information anywhere else online - another EB exclusive!

I assume the one from Episode 6 (Endor), seeing that the one from Episode 3 is brought in set 8096 Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle. I cannot imagine that they bring out 8096 in August and then 1 month later the same Shuttle but then in an UCS version.

I agree it's unlikely but the ISD fig verison was for sale at the same time as the UCS verison, so it could happen.

After weighing it all up, my money is on the set being similar to the Cloud City play set from 2003. I'm hoping for an improved minifig scale Shuttle along with a platform or the corridor in which Luke and Vader have their first civilised encounter.

A true UCS scale shuttle, utilizing all the 2500+ parts, and possibly matching the measurements quoted by another forum member earlier, would be too impractical and fragile. The UCS Falcon and ISD were cumbersome enough, but at least they were shallow. A three foot high shuttle? I don't see it happening.

Ooh, this possibility hadn't occurred to me, but I like it. I'm always in favor of Star Wars sets that also provide some sort of environment for the minifigures to interact in, and I would definitely pick it up.

I passed on the UCS Millenium Falcon as it was just too big & cumbersome. I'd probably pass on a 3'-tall Imperial Shuttle, too.

Regarding what's UCS or not

The first UCS models that TLC made were 7181 TIE Interceptor and 7191 X-Wing Fighter that were released in 2000. These two UCS sets were widely distributed to toy shops and as far as I know they didn't sell good enough to be widely distrbuted (or at least not here in Sweden were they sat on shelves until they cleared them out for a 50 % discount). My half qualified guess is that it was the case all over the world as they were made for and aimed at the more adult builders and collector that's supposed to be 10 % of all LEGO sales.

My half qualified guess is supported by the fact that 10018 Darth Maul Bust and 10019 Rebel Blockade Runner Tantive IV and (almost) every other UCS model from there on has been exclusives only available through LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO's own stores. This was probably done because UCS models sold good enough if they were sold directly from LEGO without any middle hands as toy shops.

As LEGO exclusives only available through LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO's own stores have a 5 digit item number the UCS models from here on got a 5 digit number as "all" else exclusives did and have.

Then we have the "mini figure sets" 10123 Cloud City, 10131 TIE Collection, 10144 Sandcrawler, 10178 Motorized Walking AT-AT, 10188 Death Star, 10198 Tantive IV and 10195 Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker that probably also became exclusives because they were too obscure and expensive to be widely distributed through toy shops. So the reason for these sets having a 5 digit item number is just because they are exclusives only available through LEGO Shop at Home and LEGO's own stores and "not" because they're UCS models. They're just exclusive mini figure sets and nothing else.

When looking at the LEGO Shop at Home webpage over the years one have found that the above "exclusive mini figure sets" have been listed under the cathegory "Ultimate Collector Series" which has added to the confusion of what's UCS or not. But from what I've observed about these cathegories they weren't really "pure" as a Clone Wars set could've been listed under Star Wars Classic and vice versa and so on so I've never ever taken these cathegories too seriously.

I don't even think that TLC has taken these cathegories too seriously themselves so therefore UCS models and exclusive mini figure sets have been listed under the same cathegory.

The fact that the last widely distributed UCS model, or rather sculpture, to toy shops in 2002 were 7194 Yoda was probably becuase LEGO thought the sculpture was "cute enough" to sell good enough to be widely distributed but here in Sweden at least I saw it collecting dust until I think it was last year at one toy shop.

Sure, a whole lot of UCS models have been found on clearance at toy shops but that's because LEGO's clearing out their stocks and werehouses.

And if memory serves me right...

TLC said somewhere that the UCS model of the Millennium Falcon was the "first" UCS model to be scaled to their mini figures and as far as I know TLC never ever said for example that Cloud City was a UCS model except for some member here or there that claimed that some at LEGO Shop at Home customer service said that Cloud City was a UCS model. As far as I'm concerned the people at Shop at Home doesn't know too much about the product line.

I still remember when I got 10018 Darth Maul Bust in september of 2001 and probably was one of the first in the world to receive it early and made a post about that over at From Bricks to Bothans where one hell of a flame war against me started amongst members and then webpage owner Tim Soap. According to Tim Soap and the president of TLC in America (or whoever it was) this was impossible becuase of this or that megablocks they said. Well... A few weeks later it turned out that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing as TLC in America appearently didn't know what TLC in Europe did or didn't. And did I get an excuse for that? Hell no. Anyways... So until TLC makes a official announcement don't read to much into what's UCS or not.

So for me at least as a adult builder and collector the UCS models are UCS models and the exclusive mini figure sets are exclusive mini figure sets. I strongly feel that TLC should separate these two cathegories of UCS models and exclusive mini figure sets and keep them as separate brands if that's the correct word. UCS models for the more adult collector and exclusive mini figure sets not suitable for wide distribution for all of us builders and collectors.

I believe that this discussion about what's UCS or not started when the fan boys started to read too much in to set number and cathegories over at LEGO Shop at Home. Maybe because they wanted a mini figure set like for example Cloud City to be ultimate when they unfortunately couldn't afford a true UCS model.

Regarding 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle

I truly hope it's a UCS model scaled to the mini figures just like the UCS Millennium Falcon. At a piece count of 2503 it's certainly not impossible as it's less detailed then the Falcon and if it's based around a Technic armature it should be a decent model. A dwarfed mini figure version made with just 234 pieces like 7166 Imperial Shuttle and with a 2269 piece Endor landing pad hell no.

The idea of UCS models scaled to the mini figures just like the UCS Millennium Falcon is a exciting product range for me as a adult builder and collector at 42 years of age. I'd just love to see the Imperial Landing Craft, Sandcrawler, AT-ST, AT-AT, Boba Fett's Slave 1, Jabba's Sail Barge, Sith Infiltrator, Gungan Sub, Trade Federation MTT, Jango Fett's Slave 1, Clone Turbo Tank, The Twilight, Count Dooku's Solar Sailer, Republic Attack Shuttle and Separatist's Shuttle as UCS or correctly scaled models to the mini figures.

Sweden - The One... And Only.

Edited by Sweden

If LEGO wants to call something UCS, they can. It's their company. UCS stands for Ultimate Collector's Series, right? They are obviously geared at an older crowd, due to piece count and the complexity of the build.

The shuttle is most likely from Episdoe VI, but that's just a wild guess because it includes IMPERIALS, Luke Skywalker in Jedi garb, and Darth Vader.

Why can't this shuttle be close to 3 feet tall? And on a side note, I seriously doubt that there will be a landing platform.

Regarding what's UCS or not

snip...

Regarding 10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle

snip...

Sweden - The One... And Only.

Yeah I fully agree.

Thanks for clearing up the story on UCS and Exclusives, I've been meaning to do that myself, but you do it much better.

It's really a mixup with the exclusive numbers and UCS sets all in one :sceptic:

I recall that UCS used to be printed on the box if the set was considered such.

The shuttle is most likely from Episdoe VI, but that's just a wild guess because it includes IMPERIALS, Luke Skywalker in Jedi garb, and Darth Vader.

:laugh:

Are you sure? ...oh wait... the figs are even depicted in the first post. :wink:

I guess we need to promote the info in the first post much more than we already do.

(which is hereby done)