KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Something hit me yesterday- we've gotten the Home 1 last year. In Augest we're getting the Slave 1, and a Cloud city is possibly coming soon. Does that mean we have an Arrest of Palpatine on the way?

What does Cloud City, Slave 1 and Home One have to do with Palpatine's Arrest or what does Home One and Slave 1 even have to do with each other? *huh*

You've got me puzzled there.

What does Cloud City, Slave 1 and Home One have to do with Palpatine's Arrest or what does Home One and Slave 1 even have to do with each other? *huh*

You've got me puzzled there.

Sorry, should have been more specific...

Recall last year, the options for the fan's choice set...

Home 1 (Home One)

Slave 1 and Landing Pad (Slave 1, Cloud City)

Arrest of Palpatine

Home 1 (Home One)

Arrest of Palpatine

I swear I've already mentioned that some 200 pages back :laugh: , I definitely think arrest of palpatine is going to happen.

I swear I've already mentioned that some 200 pages back :laugh: , I definitely think arrest of palpatine is going to happen.

Sorry, I didn't think to check 340 pages for a single post :wacko: . I hope it does happen though, It would be a good set with nice figs, and failry cheap to... unless LEGO thows ins ome stupid gimmick.

So can someone please tell me where I can get the TRU Catalogue from with many more pages than I have here in my Toy Fair Catalogue?

And I am searching for this poster with 2010 minifig gallery....

Please help or give me a hint...

greetings Hendrik

Sorry guys for destroying your hopes but imo it is very unlikely that we'll get a Cloud City this year.

If it is done decent - meaning bigger, with more rooms, more and new minifigs and perhaps even a Cloud Car - then it can realisiticly not be under 250 Euros (since the last one many years ago was already around 150 Euros).

And since we'll already get that UCS Imperial Shuttle for 260 Euros it's firstly not likely that we'll get another 250+ Euros set this year and imo even not likely that we'll get any more OT set at all this year.

Of course TLG might release a Cloud City for 150 Euros - but I bet and hope that you, too, don't want again that a small set like the previous one (which included only seven minifigs, only two new minifigs, only very few and much too small locations (apart from the landing platform)).

Cloud City offers that much potential and contains even that many exctiting locations and potential minifigs that it deserves a really big set (smaller than the DS but of course much bigger than the previous version). And so I bet that we'll see less regular OT sets in 2011 but then a big CC in 2011. This would btw speak for KimTs information he got about 2011 "rocking our lifes". And which set would be more demanded and be greater than a new Cloud City (for the OT fans under us)?!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Arrest of Palpatine is likely to be a set next year. Especially when the ROTS subtheme returned this year, it could be possible. :thumbup::classic: A Cloud City would be a very nice set to add to your collection, IMO.

EDIT:

Home 1 (Home One)

Arrest of Palpatine

Wait, wait, wait. The release of Home One was in 2009. The release of the Slave one will be in 2010, a year after. Since it is more likely to get the CC in 2011, wouldn't that mean the Arrest of Palpatine will come in 2012?

Edited by Jar Jar

Arrest of Palpatine is likely to be a set next year. Especially when the ROTS subtheme returned this year, it could be possible. :thumbup::classic: A Cloud City would be a very nice set to add to your collection, IMO.

EDIT:

Wait, wait, wait. The release of Home One was in 2009. The release of the Slave one will be in 2010, a year after. Since it is more likely to get the CC in 2011, wouldn't that mean the Arrest of Palpatine will come in 2012?

I don't see any reason why they couldn't release both next year.

Me too. They have two waves a year, so it seems possible. :thumbup:

I like the look of that bossk minifig.But I think i might buy it separately because I already have a slave one.

also, those one fig vehicles look cool. I think I'll get all of them

If it is done decent - meaning bigger, with more rooms, more and new minifigs and perhaps even a Cloud Car - then it can realisiticly not be under 250 Euros (since the last one many years ago was already around 150 Euros).

And since we'll already get that UCS Imperial Shuttle for 260 Euros it's firstly not likely that we'll get another 250+ Euros set this year and imo even not likely that we'll get any more OT set at all this year.

I was under the impression we were under the impression this would be for next year- I very much agree that releasing it this year would be unlikely.

Ah, but Jar Jar is noticing a pattern (I think) suggesting that if it is released it would be in 2012. I hope he's incorrect :grin: .

I just want that Bossk fig. With just a few small modifications and a nerd's scutiny of it :tongue: I can finally make a lego GORN!

Several of the August 2010 SW sets are in stock at Amazon.fr. Example: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003A2JBKA...d_luc_sim_02_02

Source: ToysNBrick blog

Total mini-mod badness (bad alldarker, bad alldarker! Sorry real mods :blush: ), but

1. we have the Star Wars sets anyone? forum for availability and finds and

2. there you will find this post:

The new SW- sets seem to be available on amazon.fr: http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B003A2JBLE...pd_luc_nr_03_03

In other (Amazon-related) news, I just received an advertisement from Amazon.de which features a picture of the German Lego Brickmaster Book!

51dm-LMnpaL._SS500_.jpg

Strangely enough, it looks totally different from the picture in the first post. Looks like we might be getting a droid and a clone trooper...

With the two generic mifigs and the two midi-sized sets that can most probably be build with the bricks included featuring on the cover, this seems more of a finished cover than the currently known picture (of the AT-OT and LAAT/i on the cover) was. However, this still looks like an unfinished mock up of the final cover to me, though.

Edited by Alldarker

Meh they look alright. The RAS looks pretty good and it will be nice to see how it compares to its other scales. The AAT is definitely the worse because the top cockpit thing looks a bit out of proportion to me.

Thanks for the great pic Alldarker! :classic:

Strangely enough, it looks totally different from the picture in the first post. Looks like we might be getting a droid and a clone trooper...

Yeah, I didn't believe that this set would get Fisto when I first saw the picture. :sceptic: I can't wait to see what crazy alternate models are made inside with those bricks. :oh:

(Why doesn't it say Clone wars at the top? That area around the 6+ seems too empty.)

Edited by indianajones

Yeah, I didn't believe that this set would get Fisto when I first saw the picture. :sceptic: I can't wait to see what crazy alternate models are made inside with those bricks. :oh:

(Why doesn't it say Clone wars at the top? That area around the 6+ seems too empty.)

Like I posted before, I'd say this is still a photoshop'ed preliminary picture of the cover. Like you mention, the layout is still pretty terrible, but I do think the photo of the models and the figures will represent the contents of this set.

Ughnauts* ;)

Ugnaughts* :wink:

I'm hoping that the shuttle will be to scale to minifigs, as well as for a landing pad.

Remember, the 2007 Millennium Falcon was UCS too and had minifigs in it, so there's still hope we can get

something like that for the shuttle. I wish there were more stormtroopers in the set, though.

We shouldn't judge too early, as we don't even have any pictures of the set yet.

~ General Magma

Oh, Yeah ! (Chef Mundal - Chowder)

I must order book - but I think it's only has parts to make that republic shuttle and AAT - but I will get this book as I have the castle and pirates ones - M.I.S.B. as keep-sakes.

But wait a minute - don't the new Star Wars box art in this case front cover artwork meant to have a stand alone clone trooper in the far top right hand corner and in some ways it looks fake - but it must be real as we would never get a Jedi in one of these books ever.

I'm a conformist! everyone !

Total mini-mod badness (bad alldarker, bad alldarker! Sorry real mods :blush: ), but

1. we have the Star Wars sets anyone? forum for availability and finds and

2. there you will find this post:

I have no idea what mini-mod badness, bad alldarker etc means, but sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I thought I found the right one, but missed the "Star Wars sets anyone". It's the second time I messed up in the SW forum - feel like a complete noob. I better stay away. :blush:

Edited by superkalle

I have no idea what mini-mod badness, bad alldarker etc means, but sorry for posting in the wrong forum. I thought I found the right one, but missed the "Star Wars sets anyone". It's the second time I messed up in the SW forum - feel like a complete noob. I better stay away. :blush:

No, please don't take it the wrong way, and do stay! I'd hardly call this messing up!

I (alldarker) was pre-emptively chasting myself: the mods really don't like regular members like me pointing out mistakes ('mini-modding') to other members, so I was letting the mods know I myself knew I was slightly out of line by pointing you to the right forum. That's why I was saying "bad alldarker": it was actually to myself :blush:

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

* and that, kids, is why you should leave modding to the professionals... *

Edited by Alldarker

Puzzled am I - dk.com does not say anything about either of these Brickmaster books ! :wacko:

Only new book comming is an Atlantis Brickmaster in August this year, this is very odd indeed !

I'm a conformist! ! :wink: