KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

The UCS Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter is looking good! I'm going to have to pass on it, but I do like the overall look of the set. It's great how the white stripe in the middle is built with SNOT, and how it comes with a giant astromech head, unlike the UCS Naboo Starfighter which came with a normal R2-D2 dome. I don't mind the stickers, but I have one complaint: the astromech dome is too big! I mean, if someone built a scale Obi-Wan to fit in the cockpit, a complete version of the astromech would be about as tall as Obi-Wan himself! :wacko:

From that High-Res it is definitely two stickers. I guess LEGO has really taken to heart that some people hate stickers across multiple bricks, although I must agree with Walter that in this case two stickers is truly annoying. Lining that up will be a nightmare, and who's going to use an arch with a half a republic emblem if they do take the set apart? Well, I guess somebody will, but still…

Yeah, it is. I suppose if I were to build a clone base, having blast doors with a centered Republic logo that splits down the middle would be pretty cool, but since when were blast doors gleaming white? At least the good thing about the stickers being white is that you won't get fingerprints all over the sticky backing while aligning the stickers. I'm sure more than a few of us are going to be taking more time realigning them than building the set.

astromech dome is too big! I mean, if someone built a scale Obi-Wan to fit in the cockpit, a complete version of the astromech would be about as tall as Obi-Wan himself! :wacko:

Nah, it'd be more like the minifig versions, where R2 comes up to about the top of Luke's chest. The perfect size would be a 3x3 dome, but using the ball joint like most of us do would be an illegal connection, and making the dome would mean making compatible 3-wide columns, round plates, and parabolic plates. (not that that'd be a bad thing, but...)

From that High-Res it is definitely two stickers. I guess LEGO has really taken to heart that some people hate stickers across multiple bricks, although I must agree with Walter that in this case two stickers is truly annoying. Lining that up will be a nightmare, and who's going to use an arch with a half a republic emblem if they do take the set apart? Well, I guess somebody will, but still…

Yeah- that's kind of dumb to cut it in half. It makes sence, but- as said- it'll be a nightmare to line up, and it's only possible use would be for battle-damadge.

Yeah- that's kind of dumb to cut it in half. It makes sence, but- as said- it'll be a nightmare to line up, and it's only possible use would be for battle-damadge.

'Course, what are the chances that a stray blaster bolt of something would shear the emblem precisely in half?

'Course, what are the chances that a stray blaster bolt of something would shear the emblem precisely in half?

Point taken default_laugh_new.gif . Still, it's really the only use.

Cool Cube Dudes! These Bounty Hunters are way cooler than the CW ones.

I'm pretty sure those are someones creation, and not an official TLC product. I've seen those on flicker. Sorry guys, but it's just not real. Although it would have been much nicer then having the CW characters.

I'm pretty sure those are someones creation, and not an official TLC product. I've seen those on flicker. Sorry guys, but it's just not real. Although it would have been much nicer then having the CW characters.

They are Angus MacLanes creations, He designed the CubeDudes and Lego just assembles them and gives them away at conventions and stuff like that, I'm pretty sure these are official. :classic:

Edited by BrickClick

They are Angus MacLanes creations, He designed the CubeDudes and Lego just assembles them and gives them away at conventions and stuff like that, I'm pretty sure these are official. :classic:

I'm pretty sure the guy just took this pictureoff flickr and said that they would be avaliable for purchase in a set, but seeing as there is no official box art, and the first news of this that we are hearing about is from a rebelscum thread, and that Lego is already giving away an exclusive this year, I just don't believe that they will sell this, it just doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty sure the guy just took this pictureoff flickr and said that they would be avaliable for purchase in a set, but seeing as there is no official box art, and the first news of this that we are hearing about is from a rebelscum thread, and that Lego is already giving away an exclusive this year, I just don't believe that they will sell this, it just doesn't make sense.

See the link. There will be another Cube Dude release at Celebration.

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/lego_cubedudes/index.html

That Boba Fett is pure genius. :wub:

How can they be so recognisable when they are such a strange shape? That is why I love them.

Now THOSE are good cubedudes. They actually resemble what the charecters. Although I'm not a fan of Bossk, the others are just great. Pure genious to use the edge as the curve in Boba's helmet.

These do look so much better than the ones offered at Comicon. I hope they are legit for those attending Celebration. & just to throw it out there, if they are offering these at Celebration, is it possible that an all bountyhunter set could be in our future? Imagine having a set released like the bountyhunter scene from Empire! :grin:

So there will be two lucky people going to that show that would score a 14g gold Boba ! *oh2*

Hate to see what that fetch on BL or ebay ! :grin:

I'm a conformist! !

I KNEW IT! I Just knew it!

Man, I really have to make it to a Celebration one of these days. Now I just hope someone is kind enough to post instructions.

4837086362_4a2f969bc0_o.jpg

LEGO Star Wars Weekend is just over a week away!

I'm really looking forward to it, especially since LLC's site reports that Trivia Contest participants have a chance to win a White Boba Fett!. If the contest is run like last year, each round is limited to 50 people, but every contestant is guaranteed to win. If it's run as in '08, you'll get a raffle ticket when you answer correctly, and are guaranteed to win a prize package, but you don't know which of the prizes you'll get.

Via FBTB.

...and, you can see Brickplumber's new Endor platform there as well:

4836756836_368d542683_m.jpg

Yep these are real. There are pictures of them in the official Celebration V Exhibitor Exclusives PDF doc.

Click the PDF page 4.

Thanks Mutley.

Pdf and cubedude picture has been added to the set index in the first post.

Now to find out how to get my hands on one of these.

The summer sets are now available for the US at S@H.

Comments on avilability belongs in the Star Wars Sets Anyone?-topic.

Exclusives for Celebration 5 (Or what even number it is :tongue: )

Taken from the Official Star Wars Site:

1236pw6.png

Looks like no love for Zuckuss :laugh:

Edited by RoflWafls