KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I'm just thinking out loud right now: If we are to get one more exclusive set later this year (which makes sense because they did the same thing last year with the Tantive IV), it'll likely be an ESB set since that's the celebration this year. And most logical signs point to it being Cloud City, especially since a Cloud City remake has been rumored since last year. It probably won't be a Hoth set because we've gotten 5 Hoth-related sets in the last 3 waves alone (Echo Base, 2 BPs, Wampa Cave, and the new AT-AT). Dagobah, well there's not much to make there Lego-wise, plus we still have an X-Wing out on shelves. Asteroid chase? Nah. That leaves one location: Bespin.

Cloud City will go very well with the new Slave I which happened to come out this summer. They can make use of the new Boba, Han, and Carbonite Han designs. We're also very, very overdue for a fleshie Bespin Luke and Leia, and Bespin Lando is incredibly rare.

I'd expect a set like that to feature Vader, Luke, Leia, Han, Carbonite Han, Lando, Chewie, C3PO, R2D2, Boba, and maybe Lobot and/or some Stormtroopers. We could only hope for some Ugnaughts :wub:

That is a good idea.

Also does anyone remember the original minifig rumors for 8097 they were: Darth Vader, Leia, Chewie, Boba, Han, Han Carbonite and Bossk.

So maybe cloud city will come with Darth Vader, Leia, Chewie and the others Apollo VI suggested.

Oh and Ugnaughts would be so...AMAZING!!!

Edited by Special K

People love the midi falcon despite it's lack of any features, figs, interesting bricks or accuracy...

...but you don't love the midi destroyer though it's as inacurate and lacking as the falcon?!

What is it about these paperweights you like anyway? Lego designed a set that wouldn't please system fans or UCS fans. Hmm

Because I don't have to have a bunch of figs or interesting pieces to enjoy a set. The Falcon reminded me of a cool MOC. Its also very.swooshable

It would be be cool if TLG released a twin pod cloud car with lobot and re-released the X-Wing with different figs to fit in with cloud city so we could have a huge cloud city playset and you could pick and choose from Cloud City, Cloud Car, Slave I and an X-Wing. :wub::wub::wub:

That is a good idea.

Also does anyone remember the original minifig rumors for 8097 they were: Darth Vader, Leia, Chewie, Boba, Han, Han Carbonite and Bossk.

So maybe cloud city will come with Darth Vader, Leia, Chewie and the others Apollo VI suggested.

Oh and Ugnaughts would be so...AMAZING!!!

What about a bespin guard? They are pretty cool and would be a nice addition to the cloud city!

Also i dont know what the actual set would come with but a bounty hunter pack would be nice!

it would come with boba, dengar, bossk, ig-88, 4l-0m zuckuss and maybe even vader! :vader:

What about a bespin guard? They are pretty cool and would be a nice addition to the cloud city!

Also i dont know what the actual set would come with but a bounty hunter pack would be nice!

it would come with boba, dengar, bossk, ig-88, 4l-0m zuckuss and maybe even vader! :vader:

They are good ideas as well and hopefully we will get Zuckuss and 4-LOM one day but thats just wishful thinking :sceptic:

I do hope that the rumored Cloud City set includes a landing pad like the last version. Adding a landing pad significantly increases the surface area of sets and gives your ships a real place to land, rather than the adjacent carpet or whatever surface you're playing on :tongue: The landing pad is especially important for a set like Cloud City, where ships like the Cloud Car, the MF, and the Slave I are actually there, landed. The landing pad is often overlooked but it plays a significant role in ESB.

Including a Cloud Car within this theoretical set isn't too far-fetched either, since we haven't gotten a Cloud Car in a long time and I believe that it could be re-designed to today's sleeker ship standards. The last version was just 117 pieces, which would still be a small part of a set that will probably end up being 900 to 1500+ pieces. We could see a similar arrangement to what we saw in the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser set, where one segment is a ship and landing pad and the other segment is the room where most of our minifigs reside. Only for Cloud City, I hope it's even bigger than the MC Cruiser :laugh:

Yeah If its a UCS it should have lots of pieces and like the original and the mon calamari cruiser it should split into multiple parts.

1.jpg

this pic seems to be from the instructions. Maybe a bit more clear than the previous one. I see some lighter stripes on the sides of the cockpit, so it might be brick built. But I'm not sure.

Nonetheless a great model!

Sorry if this pic has already been posted.

DR

Thanks DutchRebel.

It looks even better than I imagined, to me the cockpit looks brickbuilt.

the Inventor

Thanks DutchRebel.

It looks even better than I imagined, to me the cockpit looks brickbuilt.

the Inventor

I agree, the cockpit most likely isn't a single piece because of the scale of this set. Of course, I assumed the cockpit windshield was a giveaway once I saw this image, but I'm sure some will still have doubts...

Still thinking it's way too big for me, though. I'm not too fond of UCS models (price, mainly), and they seem rare over here anyway.

What are the guesses regarding the price of the shuttle... :classic: 250$... :sceptic: 300$... :hmpf_bad: $350

The cockpit looks exact like the version of the Dmac-Moc. Same building-technic. Also the big wing in the middle of the ship is the same size?! I'm looking forward for high resolution pictures for clearance.

Cheers!

Could we please stop this UCS discussion for now to eternity! It's a great model, if it's too expensive don't buy it. It has minifigs and it's big, what's the difference whether it has a 4 or 5 digit productcode, or if it has UCS on it or not. If you like it, buy it, when you have the money. If you don't like it or think it's too big build your own version, it's Lego in the end.

:hmpf_bad:

Could we please stop this UCS discussion for now to eternity! It's a great model, if it's too expensive don't buy it. It has minifigs and it's big, what's the difference whether it has a 4 or 5 digit productcode, or if it has UCS on it or not. If you like it, buy it, when you have the money. If you don't like it or think it's too big build your own version, it's Lego in the end.

:hmpf_bad:

I know I'll buy it but I usually plan out my budget over a year ahead so I was wondering how the set would fit into my budget.

I know I'll buy it but I usually plan out my budget over a year ahead so I was wondering how the set would fit into my budget.

Well, if you'd checked the first post, you'd know that the price we've heard is 259.99 USD. However, price discussions go in the Star Wars Sets Anyone thread anyway, and not in the rumors thread.

Well, if you'd checked the first post, you'd know that the price we've heard is 259.99 USD. However, price discussions go in the Star Wars Sets Anyone thread anyway, and not in the rumors thread.

I usually don't check the first page :blush: .

I was reacting on TheBrickHitHouse's post.

Please don't be offended and let's get back on topic!

After all this Shuttle is almost too good to be true. I never thought Lego would come up with such a detailed SNOT model. Hats off to them!

Well that shuttle is an absolute must have (how on earth can it be too big?). I'm also kind of tempted by the AT-AT, despite already owning the original one, you can never have enough AT-ATs. :classic:

And, maybe I'm in a minority, but I rather like the midi scale ISD as well....

Oh men :tongue:

It`s UCS model. With over 2500 pieces. Do you think Lego would made in this model something like cockpit which is one big element?

About the price. Dropship with AT-OT has 1758 pieces and costs 250 usd.

250 usd for this Shuttle isn`t high (remember over 2500 pieces).

It`s the best SW ship made from lego. Something like Cafe Corner in City.

It`s milestone. It doesn`t even look like Lego :cry_happy:

I`m not very big SW-lego fan but this model is a must have for me.

Edited by kris kelvin