KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

-Shuttle: Not a big fan of Imperial style shuttles in general, they all seem to have the same basic structure and function (including the Republic one) but this looks like a fun set. And a medical droid :thumbup:

-Wampa cave: A big meh from me. Already have a few Snowspeeders and it just looks like more of the same, but with even more premium priced 'white crap' (my term for all the white blocks they throw into Hoth sets for scenery that I never end up using)

-Slave 1: Pretty much perfect, the colour scheme is spot-on. Bossk is so heavenly :wub: and the carbonite Han is also cool. STILL not sold on Boba (too.. Hasbro) and I'll probably swap out the cockpit piece for a smoke-tinted one.

EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I love this ship. It's fixing all the problems and pet peeves I had with previous versions. The wing attachments are 2 paired supports instead of one (last Slave 1) or practically nil (Jango Fett's). The surrounding 'shield' or shoulder is now smooth and solid, instead of the mess last time. The ship also looks like it has a functioning ramp (not a carbonite block holder) and the missile launcher actually folds out instead of aiming inside the ship itself (JF's) or a seemingly useless blue block (last S1)

-Turbo Tank: Must buy for me (missed out on first one) and it has a great minifig selection. Cad Bane and first official Twi'lek female, the AT-RT is super cute.

-Pro-Koon's fighter: Very sleek looking. Will probably get this even though I avoided Anakin's and Ahsoka's versions. I'm sorry, the blue/white colour scheme is just fabulous.

-Grievous: Much, much better looking than I thought. The cockpit piece actually looks alright and will be an instant purchase with me, I avoided the last version because it had nothing I wanted. But a new Grievous (still too Hasbro-y) with a bonus Mon Cal head and his droid flunky are great.

Edited by Strand

Awesome thanks for the pics Future74. The Slave 1, and General Grievous Starfighter look awesome.

EDIT: Credit also goes to Tyleraf

Edited by Brickus

You mean something like this? No, I prefer the current style of landing gear. Do you think it will have a "droid popping" feature like in Anakin's JSF?

No, dont get me wrong, the recent ones are fine as they are, but the old 7143 Jedi Starfighter with its landing gear that was kind of unstable and the changes made by TLC on Anakin's improved this. Therefore I was wondering if they could improve it more, cant remember if Ahsoka's is different from Anakins - I would have to check.

What's spectacular about that? :sceptic: The only good thing about that is that you can hide them away IMO.

Just a feature I didnt notice before and wasnt in set 7656. I think TLC did a great job on improving playability by adding this. It's like the ones on the 7679 TX-130S Fighter Tank and 7664 Tie Crawler.

Awesome thanks for the pics Future74. The Slave 1, and General Grievous Starfighter look awesome.

Thanks, but I just deeplinked them. Tyleraf is the one who found them.

I'm afraid that the tactical droid in the CTT has been removed from the final version.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but do you work for LEGO? If not, then I will keep my hopes up- they have it in the list.

These look splendid.

Let's start at the top: The Imp Shuttle.

This looks WAY better than the pre-lim. The colours are better blendid, and the few that aren't still look good with it. It is quite streamlined, and the cockpit is incredible. I'm liking the med-droid, except that one strange arm. Is there a particular reason for that?

Wampa Cave:

I still love this. What I don't love, however, is the estimated price. 55 bucks! Ouch! I was expecting 30, tops. The snowspeeder isn't very new. Something interesting, though, is the colour pattern. The first snowspeeder was white grey and blue. Or maybe just grey and blue, I forget. The next was white and orange. Next came the Hoth Base, with another grey and white snowspeeder. This one's back to orange and white. Coincidense? The cave is interesting- I love the lightsaber shootign feature, and the icicles look realistic. I know some of you hate the wampa, but I love it. It just seems so realistic to me.

I'm with anyone who hates the return of Zev. Personally, I don't think he was the best carecter- I would've preferred if Lucas used Hobbie, Wedge or Janson, also scene in that movie. And plus, we had all seen Wedge before, so it would make sence. But Zev's involvment in this set also makes sence- he was the one who found Luke and Han- after all. But why have im in the battle pack? Why not use an un-miniforized Rouge Squadron charecter, like the serious Tycho Celchu or hillarious Wes Janson? Both would be good includments in my point of view

Slave 1:

I love this set. I still don't have this set, so I want it- and this seems like the perfect time to get it. There are a good amount of hidden weapons, and a GIANT cokpit piece. I encpiecally like the rims around the landing gears. Bossk looks good- dispite the colour problems. I find LEGO's inclusion of a new Han torso puzzling, but I like it nonetheless. I would have preferred if the carbonite slab were a two-piece thing that you could clamp shut around Han, but it still is amasing compared to the lame last one. And Boba- I don't get WHY people say he looks like a Hasbro figure, he is completly LEGO-ey, nothing we haven't seen before. It's basically like the Clone Wars clone troops.

Turbo Tank:

It's puzzeling the LEGO still hasn't got the name right. Ah, well. This has several figs, old and new: Bane, with an incredible new hat and other new pieces, Secura, with the wonderfull headress, Ani and Snips, whom niether of which I have a Cloney version of, and the return of the Commander armor. Still waiting on Tac-Droid pics. The AT-RT leavs something to be disiered... mainly longer legs. And the control station seems... unnessesary. However, the Juggernaut itself is awesome. Spacey interior (Get it?) Tons of lasers and- No manned tower? Hmm... And that protruding technin piece bugs me.

Plo Koon's Starfighter:

Okay, I guess. New droid... Interesting features... but not much to look at. basically, I'd get this for a Azure Angel MOC and becuase my last plo Koon has some paint rubbed off on his mask.

Gerivous' Starfighter:

Simple... invcredible. This would be good even without Nahdar, but his inclusion makes it even better. I like Gerivous, but his head is a little big. The cockpit- as i predicted months ago- looks MUCH better with printing/stickers. I suspect it's a preinted piece, though, becuse the studs are grey. The engines are big- but for good reason, I LOVE that hidden missle feature! As for EV... he's ugly. I like the movie version better.

Wow, that Slave I looks nice! :wub: It utilizes tiles and slopes perfectly, IMO, with great usage of parts like the new windshield and dark green 1/4 dome pieces from the Grand Emporium. Definately a must-get for me now, even though it includes a piece without a single stud.

The CTT looks pretty nice as well, though I will get it mainly for the figures. Aayla, of course, but still, even after the first wave of 2008 (two years ago now), I still don't have that Anakin hairpiece. Not even Ashoka.

The Emperor's Shuttle looks great, too. Along with the JSF, but I'm still waiting for a Ki-Adi Mundi fig (over Plo Koon).

Definately a must-get for me now, even though it includes a piece without a single stud.

Uh.... there are HUNDREDS of sets with pieces without a single stud. :tongue:

http://starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20100224.html I do not know if this was posted before but it is pics of the new star wars sets.But why does it say it will come out in fall,I thought it was coming in summer?

I'm sorry sir, but right now if you read, we're talking about those pictures right above you! :tongue:

Have no fear, they will be summer sets. They come around here in July, but some places consider August part of Fall.

That Senator Magnet Set looks awesome. Onaconda Farr, Palpatine, and Gunray? Awesome

more stuff? :cry_happy:

852842-0000-xx-12-1.jpg852841-0000-xx-12-1.jpg852840-0000-xx-12-1.jpg852839-0000-xx-12-1.jpg852837-0000-xx-12-1.jpg852836-0000-xx-12-1.jpg852838-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

reason for edit, removed power miner fig. sorry

Edited by grogall

At first I thought that Power Miner was that person in the Bounty Hunter Pursuit set.

These all look great.

At first I thought that Power Miner was that person in the Bounty Hunter Pursuit set.

These all look great.

Haha thats exactly what I thought! The key rings look great but its really going to extinguish the value of those minifigs which is a real shame because some of them where very sought after minifigs :sad:

Thanks for the pic grogall! :thumbup:

I agree with Roncanator, the value of the figs is going to go alittle down, but mind you not alot. :wink:

CommanderFox

I guess the Slave I's cockpit window will be in the new trans black colour. Our current trans black colour was called "trans brown" by TLC and will be discontinued this year. I guess the trans white crystal clear version on the toy fair version is still prelim and they are mixing their new dark trans colour still.

I guess the Slave I's cockpit window will be in the new trans black colour. Our current trans black colour was called "trans brown" by TLC and will be discontinued this year. I guess the trans white crystal clear version on the toy fair version is still prelim and they are mixing their new dark trans colour still.

You've got a good point there, but I don't think it's going to happen, since it's more accurate, and the (what I think) official picture has it trans clear.

Ahh, that's interesting, I was curious why they went to a clear piece.

Onaconda Farr, Nute Gunray, Chancellor Palpatine set # 4585395

In one 15 dollar set! Oh damn that's almost to good to be true! I was thinking about buying the 40 euro set with Onacoonda Farr and Nute Gunray. But I'm not a star wars fan, and couldn't care less about the model, so 40 euro for 2 figs would be absurd. But 15 dollar for 3 great figs is brilliant!

I never knew that Ackbar was a new keyring release when I bought it a week ago. :look:

That is one of the first things I have got that other people didn't know about! :tongue:

Huh? The only colors that come to mind are trans black and trans clear. This picture has it as trans clear:

8097_sm.jpg

So, you're saying that TLG is discontinuing the trans-black like the old Slave-I cockpit, and they called that trans-brown, and this is dark?

Not sure if these have been posted/discussed, but they're not in the first post, so...

Luke & Stormie Alarm Clocks (from the German Toy Fair):

LEGO-Star-Wars-Figure-Alarm-Clocks.jpg

Who wouldn't want to give a Lego Luke or Stormie a bop on the head to make them shut up and let you sleep? :tongue:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Wow those clocks look awesome Oky! I wonder if they are just a fan built clock or have been made for the Lego Group? If I find one of those in my area I will definitely pick one up. :thumbup:

Uh.... there are HUNDREDS of sets with pieces without a single stud. :tongue:

Well, a piece like this. It doesn't really have any apparent compatibility with other Lego elements other than what it was made for. Pieces like minifig pieces are compatible, with other minifig parts.

So, you're saying that TLG is discontinuing the trans-black like the old Slave-I cockpit, and they called that trans-brown, and this is dark?

Yes, it was confirmed (I think) that trans-black (as TLG calls it, trans-brown) will be discontinued. What a shame, I think the Slave I might've been more accurate with that color windshield than trans-clear.

I'm not sure I believe Zzz, because these look pretty final to me.

Aww, I liked that colour. It was cool. Oh, well.

Who wouldn't want to give a Lego Luke or Stormie a bop on the head to make them shut up and let you sleep? :tongue:

I'd rather hit Goldenrod myself :laugh: .

The alarm clocks do look cool. :wub:

Down with the empire! :laugh:

I think The Slave 1 looks alright in trans clear, but trans black or brown would look more movie accurate.

CommanderFox

I would have preferred a smoke tinted version myself, but it's unlikely the production version is different from the recent pics. Notice the extra bit of printing near the top of the clear piece, looks pretty final to me. Though if it were a sticker, I'd merely apply it to a tinted piece from one of the other Slave 1s.