KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I call BS

vehicle hasn't been in the show and Lego always releases stuff long after things have debuted and Lego don't release characters in multiple sets outside of Anakin and co. Bane isn't important enough to merit that

Actually Cad Bane's ship has been rumored for this years release for quite some time.

Man thanks for the news Steff! :cry_happy:

I really like the sound of that Cad Bane speeder! :wub:

Though its annoying, another set to choose wheather to buy or not. :laugh:

CommanderFox

Sorry if this is off-topic, but why does this topic say Shadows created it? On the front page it says Shadows and not KimT. Someone care to explain?

Yeah, it's off topic, but i'll do my best to explain. It's simply a Mod joke. Shadows. is KimT .

On topic. This new Cad Bane set sounds interesting. I wonder what other minifigs it would have. Hopefully it will have a Commando Droid or two.

-'Skintas

could this set possibley have todo, that loveable little droid fro holocron heist?

Techno-service_droid.png

On topic. This new Cad Bane set sounds interesting. I wonder what other minifigs it would have. Hopefully it will have a Commando Droid or two.

Most likely it will have some more senate commando figs that where in the venator, or coruscant troopers - aka Fox and his men. :cry_happy:

Its funny how that site got info on this new set first, why not Brickset, or somewhere else?

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Today, in Hong Kong, TRU organizes the first day opening sale of 2010 sets. During the event, a poster of 2010 SW minifigure gallery (below) is given to customers. (original source of news: http://www.minifigs.net/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30826 )

The noteworthy thing is that, the poster includes some minifigs (Darth Vader, Imperial Officer, Shuttle Pilot, Luke Skywalker) which are said to belong to a set "10212".

I am not a SW LEGO fan and so I have no idea which SW vehicle might contain these characters..., but I guess that means there will be another SW exclusive coming out in 2010.

Enjoy the poster (original source from and credit to legocatcat from minifigs.net in Hong Kong - 2010 SW Minifigs from Hong Kong TRU )

4239955080_e3d1e04248_o.jpg

I magnified the parts of the poster with images for those minifigs I am talking about:

10212_minifigs.jpg

10212_minifigs2.jpg

Edit: Add Luke Skywalker in 10212

Edited by Alywin

Thanks for that Alywin!

Wow, looks like we have another surprise set on our hands people! :cry_happy:

Something with imperials in it!

My guess, is another shuttle, as it has under one of the imperial officers "shuttle Pilot".

Just what I want, as I need more of them. :classic:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Wow, great news.

Looks like Luke in Jedi robes is also included, so seems like a ROTJ set. Perhaps a Vader delivering Skywalker to the Emporer (via Vader's shuttle). Would love to see a re-vamped Imperial Shuttle.

Thanks for the news.

Its number is 10212 so my guess is its a USC model. Im really trying to think what this could be... My guess is what MicroM said a Imperial shuttle. Very interesting

Thanks for the info!

I have recievd my lego magazine yesterday.it had the price and picture of the snow trooper battle pack rebel trooper battle pack tie defender lukes landspeeder freeco speeder arc 170 tri fighter and the new swamp speeder.also new sets from other themes.looks like there is a lot to look forward to in 2010 :thumbup:

Wow, great news.

Looks like Luke in Jedi robes is also included, so seems like a ROTJ set. Perhaps a Vader delivering Skywalker to the Emporer (via Vader's shuttle). Would love to see a re-vamped Imperial Shuttle.

That would be lovely! :cry_happy:

Maybe even the platform, but I highly doubt it.

CommanderFox

Interesting with the poster, it doesn't show any figures from the second 2010 wave, eg Luke in Hoth, Cad Bane, etc. Makes you think that this extra kit (10212) is due for release shortly, perhaps NY Toy Fair.

Interesting with the poster, it doesn't show any figures from the second 2010 wave, eg Luke in Hoth, Cad Bane, etc. Makes you think that this extra kit (10212) is due for release shortly, perhaps NY Toy Fair.

Most likely right. :thumbup::sweet:

Ooh I can't wait! :cry_happy:

CommanderFox

Its number is 10212 so my guess is its a USC model. Im really trying to think what this could be... My guess is what MicroM said a Imperial shuttle. Very interesting

Thanks for the info!

My guess is that you've got it spot-on. A USC model Imperial Shuttle :cry_happy::wub:

I think this set will be released around the same time as the AT-OT last year, that would be the end of March.

Let's hope will have pictures soon.

Edited by Future74

That would be great! Does anyone know when the NY toyfair is?

My guess is that you've got it spot-on. A USC model Imperial Shuttle :cry_happy::wub:

I got the idea from MicroM :wink:

Ooh another good idea. I think you are right again which should make this interesting. I dont know if Im keen on the idea of a Imperial shuttle if its too big. I know USC models are supposed to be larger but I feel having it too big would make it look strange with minifigs inside it. It just may be a bit too big for them.

I will have to wait and see what the designers have come up with. :classic:

Wow, this is all great news, Thanks Alywin :thumbup:

I really hope it's an imperial shuttle too. I've always wanted one of those :cry_happy:

But I'm not sure I'd want it to be UCS. I always have the feeling that UCS versions are a lot bigger than the 'normal' versions of a set (for example the UCS Millenium Falcon compared to the previous versions).

But we'll see.

Can't wait for more pictures (on other, earlier mentioned sets too) :sweet:

Thanks again!

CF W

Don't be put off by the "UCS" number. We've had plenty of kits with that 5 digit numbering that have been minifig scale, eg Sandcrawler, AT-OT / Dropship, Tantive IV (latest edition).

Anyway, its all good fun speculating. Its hard to think its anything other than the shuttle, given we get Luke, Vader, Imperial Officer and Shuttle Pilot.

I cannot believe we are getting an imperial shuttle. It is obviously the endor shuttle which took Luke to the Emperor. It looks brilliant.

This is obviously a big set with plenty of detail.

I can't wait until the pics come out.

Don't be put off by the "UCS" number. We've had plenty of kits with that 5 digit numbering that have been minifig scale, eg Sandcrawler, AT-OT / Dropship, Tantive IV (latest edition).

Anyway, its all good fun speculating. Its hard to think its anything other than the shuttle, given we get Luke, Vader, Imperial Officer and Shuttle Pilot.

And I guess you're right again; I think it will be a USC minifig scale Imperial Shuttle, like the AT-OT and Tantive IV.

As I said in my review of 7264 (link also in my signature) there's plenty to improve.

The shuttle is small and therefore doesn’t give you the same feeling as the shuttle in the movies. And because it’s small there is no boarding ramp which I find the most memorable part of the shuttle, especially in the scenes where Darth Vader and later Emperor Palpatine exit the shuttle. And not to forget the scene I tried to picture just before with Luke and Darth Vader, just before the second Death Star is destroyed.

I’m really looking forward to next years set 8096 Palpatine’s Shuttle.

Although a remake of the Lambda-class T-4a would be in place I hope it will be the Theta-class T-2c shuttle.

I've cleaned up some of the poster images and added them to the gallery linked in the first post.

Here's a few thumbs of them.

Thanks for finding this for us.

It'll be frontpaged within minutes.

tn_gallery_101_33_380944.pngtn_gallery_101_33_274913.pngtn_gallery_101_33_282165.pngtn_gallery_101_33_58022.png

And done.

The first post of this topic has been updated according to the new rumors on the 10212 and 8129 Cad Bane Speeder.

Plus frontpage :grin: