KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Guys think, the book is aimed at children and children always dream of having a huge battle like on the shows so what are lego gunna use for figs, obviously a droid and clone.

My thougths exactly.

I just hope they put a clone with some markings or a special droid (New assasin droid with molded head anyone? Or a commando droid?) in it.

I dont think there will be a new minifig just for this book. I think we will just see a clone and a battle droid. I cant wait to see the sets that you can make though

Why is everyone convinced it will be a CW thing? For all we know, it could be OT. The info is pretty vague. Although I must admit, I'm hoping for a new Ep. III clone and a droid.

Why is everyone convinced it will be a CW thing? For all we know, it could be OT. The info is pretty vague. Although I must admit, I'm hoping for a new Ep. III clone and a droid.

Because right now clone wars is lego's "thing". There are more kids that like lego than adult fans of lego so therefore they go with what the kids want to see.

Because right now clone wars is lego's "thing". There are more kids that like lego than adult fans of lego so therefore they go with what the kids want to see.

Sadly thats right :cry_sad:

Yes now that you guys say it, maybe the BrickMaster "book" will only have a Droid and a Clone, Im not complaining though, you can never have enough of either of those figs :thumbup:

It all comes down to what the parts are like, in it, and what the models are like now...

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

This is where the off-topic rants stop.

One more word on Wal-Mart, Bush or price ranting and I'll shove you in the Chamber for a week of cool down.

And that goes for everybody.

Discuss and speculate the sets please.

Keep pesky off-topic'ing out of this.

:vader:

Does anyone know why these books are even listed right now? They're going to come out in one year. Unless the Pirates and Castle books (edited) were already listed at this time of year in 2008 (which I doubt)? :look:

My thoughts are that if it is CW, it will have one normal clone trooper and one normal battle droid. I think that the pieces could make two one manned vehicles and many other alternate builds, like bunkers or towers.

If it is OT, I think that it will be the same thing, except that the minifigures will be a rebel trooper and stormtrooper.

I will not be getting these, as they are too expensive and I could get something else much better (like Wampa Attack, if it turns out to be real) for $25 USD (not a rant).

What's with all the winking? Do you know something you are not telling us? :oh::tongue:

I just pointed two/three people to the right direction four times. :tongue:

I don't know anything about the new stuff - I'm just an average AFOL who doesn't know how to make good MOCs yet, but instead makes reviews. :grin:

Sounds interesting indeed. My only inquiry about this is; can I only buy it from Amazon.com? Or will they be available in regular bookstores as well? (bookstores in Australia, that is.)

Either way, I'm hopefully going to get it one way or another, and it seems awesome!

It should be available in the more well-known book stores (do you have any Borders or Barnes and Nobles in Australia?). :wink: Edited by ILikePi

Has anyone had the idea that this set might include the 2 PT mirror sets?

Those were CW! If it would, I can't see many alternates. The piece count of the to isn't high enough either. It would take the reason for geting the book away. I hope that it includes atleast something new. :sadnew:

Oh. Thanks, glad I didn't miss anything important.

Seriously? And you have no idea what it looks like, how useful the info in it is, or how crappy the part variety may be?

What's with all the winking? Do you know something you are not telling us? :oh::tongue:

Our is spelled O-U-R. And do not bring politics in to this. :hmpf:

Please, no politics.

I removed what I said.

This is where the off-topic rants stop.

One more word on Wal-Mart, Bush or price ranting and I'll shove you in the Chamber for a week of cool down.

And that goes for everybody.

Discuss and speculate the sets please.

Keep pesky off-topic'ing out of this.

:vader:

Sorry. :cry_sad: Okay, now on topic:

Chances are the book is for younger kids. Look at the Castle and pirates books, they're 7+, I think, and to get the right age limit for sets with kids who own three Lego sets or more, you subtract 2 years. For me, I take anything and subtract 10 years, but I'm probably at the highest age point on Lego sets anyway, unless there's a 20+. :tongue: I would imagine there'll be something good in there, maybe not a new minifigure, but possibly a rarer minifigure. If it's CW, we could get something like Dooku or a special Clone. If it's OT, we could get an Imp, or maybe a Rebel Pilot with a new helmet printing. They always come with one good guy and one bad guy.

No matter what, it's not going to be a total waste of money, guys. I think the books out now are pretty cool, and interesting. I don't thing Lego's going to make crap for their biggest money maker. Maybe we'll get something like a Midi TIE fighter, and you can make it into an interceptor, advance, or regular, which could be useful for pieces. Or something like that in CW. You get the idea.

No matter what, it's not going to be a total waste of money, guys. I think the books out now are pretty cool, and interesting.
I also tend to find Lego books interesting to read.

Think about it like this. You are supposed to buy the book, and because you bought the book, you are getting some parts additionally. I'm almost positive that Lego doesn't just fill a bunch of pages with crap so that we can waste our money to get the parts, when there are battle packs, for the purpose of army building.The parts and minifigs do not absolutely have to be there, and buying them is always a choice, so it is always up to the customer if it is a 'total waste of money' or not.

I also tend to find Lego books interesting to read.

Think about it like this. You are supposed to buy the book, and because you bought the book, you are getting some parts additionally. I'm almost positive that Lego doesn't just fill a bunch of pages with crap so that we can waste our money to get the parts, when there are battle packs, for the purpose of army building.The parts and minifigs do not absolutely have to be there, and buying them is always a choice, so it is always up to the customer if it is a 'total waste of money' or not.

Not really - it's just a very elaborate and fancier-than-usual instructions book, as you can see in this EB review by parchioso. :wink:

The parts may turn out to be useful, though, like the Pirates Brickmaster book.

It should be available in the more well-known book stores (do you have any Borders or Barnes and Nobles in Australia?). :wink:

Yes, we have Borders, I'm sure. Thanks!

On topic: (I don't want to go to the chamber)

I'm looking forward to the book release, no matter if it's CW or OT or whatever. It seems like a good idea, and I want the book.

Whatever the 'theme', the book must be an awesome addition to anyone's collection!

Does anyone know why these books are even listed right now? They're going to come out in one year. Unless they were already listed at this time of year in 2008 (which I doubt)? :look:

Speaking as someone who works in a bookshop here in the UK, It's not at all unusual for a book to be available for preorder a year ahead of it's publication date. I seem to remember ordering the pirate and castle brickmaster books for the shop at least 8- 10 months before they were due.

Those of you that are rushing to preorder, might want to hold back though. When the first two books came out in the UK, the shops here ALL had them at 25 - 50% off. Not sure what Amazon offered, but I wouldn't want people to waste money :)

Kaitan

Not really - it's just a very elaborate and fancier-than-usual instructions book, as you can see in this EB review by parchioso. :wink:

Indeed, it was around 140 parts, but most of them looked worthwhile for building pirate-themed things. If there's one piece I'm hoping is in that book, it would be a light bluish gray 6X3 wedge plate. Enough of those, and you can build yourself an Executor! :tongue: Though again, the models will probably be midi or mini, or a bunch of non-canon throw-away ships, but those are good for pieces.

Minis wouldn't be too awfully bad. TLG might throw in figs to make it more attractive. Like Legolas said, if they are "non-cannon throw aways ships" I cannot see myself getting it unless it comes with kickass figs. (not likely) CW or OT minis might suit this book/set.

Edited by JCC1004

Oh...From what I understood, these were regular books, like the Visual Dictionary for example. So they aren't, or are they?

I wonder If it will have Yavin luke... probably not. :sadnew:

Probably not, since he's the exclusive fig in the Visual Dictionary.

My guess is a rebel trooper and/or stormie/clone.

Something unimportant, just like the Castle, City & Pirate Brickmaster Booklets.

Something unimportant, just like the Castle, City & Pirate Brickmaster Booklets.

Wait I thought the City one comes out in a year like the SW one. :sceptic: Do you know something we do not? :wink:

Edited by Pie108

I think KimT's just hypothesizing there based on the other Brickmaster books.

http://legostarwars.wikia.com/wiki/7090_Naboo_Royal_Starship

I found this on Lego Star Wars Wiki. I do not recall Lego ever selling one. Is this supposed to be for 2010? :sceptic:

Thats Wiki. Anyone can edit it. The ser # seems off as well. The more recent UCS have figures. CW is taking PT place as well. :sceptic: Probably just a joke or some other unfun prankadodledo. :tongue:

Thats Wiki. Anyone can edit it. The ser # seems off as well. The more recent UCS have figures. CW is taking PT place as well. :sceptic: Probably just a joke or some other unfun prankadodledo. :tongue:

Ya, but that ship appeared in CW. I don't think it is real either.