Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

10.000 members

As of today the 18th of June is not only famous for the Battle of Waterloo, but also for Eurobricks officially reaching 10.000 registered members!

To celebrate this important event in the history of our community we are releasing a slideset showing you how we evolved over the years and what Eurobricks is all about.

Wow, congratulations EB!

When I looked a while back we had 9999 members, so I knew today was gonna be the day. :classic:

~ General Magma

Sweet! I'm happy to be apart of this forum, and in the middle of 10,000. Hey I guess I'm no longer a newb.

10000members1.png

Huzzah for Eurobricks! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! :thumbup:

And a Huzzah for the Duke of Wellington in a stunning British victory! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

And to think that when I joined back in 07 we had less than 2,000 members is quite a shocking memory.

Congrats EB!

Hurray! I'd like to throw my congrats in. It's so nice to be a part of this site, well done to everyone! :sweet:

Thanks for the slide show, it's very interesting reading for the newer members such as me! Long live Eurobricks! :thumbup:

What I would wish for if there are any still existing, would be some screen captures from previous incarnations of EB, back to the very start? Are forum boards ever archived somewhere (like the Wayback Machine or such?)

*checking*

I can find one archive, but it's so very slow loading... http://web.archive.o....eurobricks.com

I'm not sure if any images will ever load.

It is always a milestone to reach 10,000. To be honest, I learned some stuff from that very well put together presentation. Now as we look into the future of Eurobricks, we can now wonder 'Will the number of members reach 20,000?'

WOW, Eurobricks has 10.000 members, wow. :oh: Great slideshow, it really explaines the history of Eurobricks well, and was interesting to read. :classic:

Congratulations Eurobricks! :sweet:

-

General Redwater

Nice work!

BTW I doubdt it's a Dell PowerEdgeâ„¢ HP Proliant :tongue: it's either a Dell PowerEdge or a HP Proliant DL series server.

Congratulations. Though i wonder out of 10000 members, how many are just spambots or such. Still this is the best Lego forum!

I assume that there will only be 3 slides.

1) Eurobricks is founded.

2) Zepher joins.

3) Today.

Bwahahahaha! Congrats to our little site, and of course congrats to the EB staff for helping us get here! When I think of the monster Lego discussion board, I think of EB, and I think these numers prove my thoughts correct.

That is an awesome presentation for our beloved forum.

I just love this place and its members!!

And to think that when I joined back in 07 we had less than 2,000 members is quite a shocking memory.

Congrats EB!

Agreed! It feels like such a long time ago since I joined, but it's only been about 2.5 years. Not that EB itself has changed much before last week, but it's been quite the experience.

Oh was I getting sentimental? Congrats, Eurobricks! I enjoyed the slide show, especially the map that visually showed where all of the staff members were located.

And, I know we all contributed to the 10K, but I'm curious to know who the last one was.

Who would've thought that Eurobricks would become one of the most popular LEGO forums out there? This is definitely a momentous achievement. :sweet:

Great presentation, too! It's nice to see all of the things about and of Eurobricks over the years, especially the Brickset article screencap of how perfect Clone O' Patra's review was. :laugh:

This is definitely the best forum I've seen, and I'm happy to take part in this celebration. The admin/moderator team is both funny and omnipotent, and there are many interesting features all over the site, like the Reviewer's Academy and mafia games. :thumbup:

Looking forward to the years to come!

Hey I guess I'm no longer a newb.

You never were, with all of your outstanding reviews. :wink: Edited by ILikePi

When i first joined these forums in early 08 There was only 3884 , pretty big increase in numbers eh.

I don't know if a larger forum is a better forum though.

Wow, I was just about to post this too, but I forgot about it :tongue:

When I joined there were only 425 members, and I only knew about 15-20 of them, and now there are over 10,000?!?! :wacko:

Well done to all and a special big WELL DONE to the founders and the Staff of Eurobricks who set the base for this evolution.

You have to have good and strong foundations in order to build a beautiful and stable building and effective maintenace services in order to expand it. :wink:

Nothing more but thanks to all! :thumbup:

P.S

Great presentation Bonaparte! This was one of the things I had asked in the past, a Eurobricks "History Guide". Excellent job! :sweet:

I new we would get there soon! Amazing that in 2008 there was less than 5,000 members and now 10,000!

Congrats!

so who is member # 1 en who is member #10.000 ?

regards stanley

Member #1 is Jipay (He's one of the co-founders of this site) And # 10,000 is Rosemarry22

Hey I guess I'm no longer a newb.

Oh you are! Only newbies post 200 times on every single thread in the entire forum! :laugh:

Congratulations to all of us! And a big thank you to all the members who make Eurobricks not only a great forum, but a great community :thumbup: