Sign in to follow this  
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope."

Princess Leia sends off the plans to the first Death Star in R2-D2 to Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi in Tatooine.

4709806164_e97a151c35.jpg

Reference pic:

princess-leia-r2-d2-aboard-tantive-iv-by-star-wars.jpeg

Meanwhile, Lord Vader boards the Tantive IV in search for the stolen Death Star plans.

4721554649_be3298fca1.jpg

Reference pic:

normal_Darth_Vader-tantive.jpg

Overhead:

4722206966_86e5e72c85.jpg

The Whole thing :

4721555225_198b3bdf2b.jpg

Now I'm all done with this, I think it looks pretty good. ACPin was a big inspiration to me, but I think his versions of these weren't very true to the original. C&C are very welcome, but soon I will have to take apart the Leia level for my large entry.

Enjoy!

EDIT(S): I added more pics. It's really a trial & error process with photography.

Edited by ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Very nice! I like the hallway, especially because it's the main part of the scene, and you nailed it! :thumbup:

Nice work.

But you seriously need to downsize your signature. :laugh:

Really nice work, the background really makes this a win.

Its just one piece, but hat reddish pink radar piece, really adds authenticity to this scene.

Very nice. It looks remarkably like the original scene.

Well Done

That's a very good entry ThatGuyWithTheBricks, you really captured the scene very well. I particularly like the misty purple interior. Can't wait for the completion of this one.

Very nice. It looks remarkably like the original scene.

Well Done

I really tried to go for accuracy.

That's a very good entry ThatGuyWithTheBricks, you really captured the scene very well. I particularly like the misty purple interior. Can't wait for the completion of this one.

Really nice work, the background really makes this a win.

Its just one piece, but hat reddish pink radar piece, really adds authenticity to this scene.

Haha, it's really just black construction paper that looks weird ender high light. :sweet:

Nice entry! When I first the title, I thought it was the Tatooine sceane default_laugh_new.gif .

Edited by The Legonater

Great hallway too, 'ThatGuyWithTheBricks' - well lit too, looks almost like the scene from the film in that light.

Good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Yeah thanks. I accidently made it medium instead of small. Also, KimT, do reference pics count as one of my 5 pics?

No, the reference picture is for free.

I would like an overview picture when you get this thing fully done.

I love the Leia/R2 scene! The shot you took is nearly a perfect match for the original. I think you have a really good chance of winning this category with the Leia scene alone!

You might want to include some kind of overview shot showing how these are done though, especially since you have 2 scenes now and the footprint for everything is limited.

I love the Leia/R2 scene! The shot you took is nearly a perfect match for the original. I think you have a really good chance of winning this category with the Leia scene alone!

You might want to include some kind of overview shot showing how these are done though, especially since you have 2 scenes now and the footprint for everything is limited.

There, I added it but without the minifigs.

that looks really nice just the first one but with the second one two i think you might have a chance of winning

Double the scene = Double the chances of winning. Great idea of incorporating another scene 'ThatGuyWithTheBricks'. pirate_thumbup.gif You definitely have a chance, but we still have to look at the other entries side-by-side with yours to come up with a final decision. Good luck!

There is always a special place in my heart for dual scenes stacked on top of each other, and this is no exception. I love the pipes down below, and all of the carnage up top. Great entry, keep up the good work!