Sign in to follow this  
501st Commando

T-47 airspeeder and Atgar cannon

gallery_101_23_281.gif

In 1999 TLC released SW sets. One of my personal favorites was the T-47 speeder (snow speeder). Since then there have been 4 versions of it. For this MOC I redesigned my old Atgar cannon, and made my first T-47. The nose is Larry Lars's design, and the rest is mine.

4706814005_55d6b69906.jpg

Flickr set.

In 1999 TLC released SW sets. One of my personal favorites was the T-47 speeder (snow speeder). Since then there have been 4 versions of it. For this MOC I redesigned my old Atgar cannon, and made my first T-47. The nose is Larry Lars's design, and the rest is mine.

4706814005_55d6b69906.jpg

Flickr set.

Nice, very nice '501st Commando' - not a stud in sight, very streamlined very good !! :thumbup:

The cannon - nice, it's a very nice ! :grin:

Great work again and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

The T 47 is very good - better than the TLG version IMO. I do think it is almost to smooth, though. They looked rather beat up in Empire and some greebles would make it that much better. The Atgar cannon is absolutely brilliant, very good work!

I LOVE the cannon! How many hands did it take up? The speeder is also nice, especially with the use of the CW rangefinder as part of the rear gun.

That's a great rendition of the snowspeeder '501st commando'. I love the smoothness of it, though the color is a bit dull, only light bluish grey. The cannon is also nice. Good job! pirate_thumbup.gif

I really like the simple grey colored aproach, and the canon look sspot on.

Great work.

I LOVE the cannon! How many hands did it take up? The speeder is also nice, especially with the use of the CW rangefinder as part of the rear gun.

It took 24 hands, including the controls. I'm glad someone caught the piece usage for the rear gun, thanks! :classic:

That's a great rendition of the snowspeeder '501st commando'. I love the smoothness of it, though the color is a bit dull, only light bluish grey. The cannon is also nice. Good job! pirate_thumbup.gif

Lego has done so many orange T-47's, I thought it would be a nice change to go with Luke's grey one.

@-Thanks for the great comments everyone! :classic:

Just because so many people use this basic T-47 design, it doesn't impress me that much, but the Atgar cannon is awesome! :thumbup: