Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone knows what requirments a member must have to host a Mafia game? After playing two, I've really taken a liking to the Forum Based Game, and Before I start drafting stories and ideas, I just wanted to know if I was technicly eligeble to host? I thank you in advanced for a quick response.

sok, I think this is the information you are looking for:

If you are interested in hosting any game on these boards, however, this will need to be scheduled privately with your friendly Games Moderator.

If you are interested in hosting a Mafia game, then you will need to contact the Games Moderator (Dragonator) privately. Hosting a Mafia game is a big responsibility, and permission to host will not be granted lightly. If you want to seriously be considered as a future game host, you need to have displayed your competence at Mafia game playing in several games, have a clear understanding of the rules and the role a host plays in the game, and to have demonstrated your ability to show deep thinking and imagination in crafting a fun and exciting game to play. You then need to provide a game summary to the Games Regulator, outlining your idea in such a way that it does not give away any crucial plot details or prevents anyone who reads it from playing the game. You will be required to invest a lot of time and effort into creating character roles and building scenery and sets for the game. Lastly, the game will need to be produced in an aesthetically pleasing and professional manner. It must be carefully planned and well executed to make the game enjoyable for the players.

If you take a hosting slot and aren't ready when your time comes around you will be moved to the end of the list after discussion with the Games Regulator.

Taken from the first post and the Mafia Games Index, respectively.

The first post of the Mafia Games index goes into more detail, but basically you need to: have played in several games already to show you know your stuff, have the free time for about two months to actually host it, and you need a a solid idea, of course. Then you PM Dragonator with your pitch [don't put things in the pitch that would spoil the game for the reader].

Walter! Come on! :tongue:

Edited by hewkii9

have the free time for about two months to actually host it

Actually, you'll need more than two months. A lot more. If you get put on the list, it'll probably take about ten months to get to your turn, which should give you enough time. While you're waiting, you should build your sets, plan out the game so that it is completely ready, and be prepared to put aside a lot of time when the game is actually being played.

Not to mention that, like hewkii said, you should have a solid idea before asking Draggy to host.

Good luck if you plan to host. default_blink.gif

Walter! Come on! :tongue:

Why? Where are we going? :classic:

On a much more serious note, I would like to suggest that someone host a "beginners" mafia. There were a lot of inexperienced, first and second-timers that wanted to get into the Hogwarts game that couldn't (myself included). And with vets taking up spaces in every game, it will be hard for these newbies to gain any experience. Just a thought.

Also, I have the foundation in mind for a mafia that I think would make a decent setting. if anyone wanting to host needs a basis, come find me. I have no asperations of ever hosting one myself. Just make sure I get some credit. You could even pay me in LEGO, if you'd like. :laugh:

I too have a quick question. Dont laugh at me for asking it :tongue:

How does the voting work in these mafia games? is it public, or by Pming the host?

Thanks in advance!

I too have a quick question. Dont laugh at me for asking it :tongue:

How does the voting work in these mafia games? is it public, or by Pming the host?

Thanks in advance!

Why don't you look at some of them? :wink:

It appears I never went too deep into any of those games :blush: sorry everyone! (Note to self:go through ALL the pages of a mafia game) Thanks CallMePie

Thank you everyone for responding so quickly, I've already got an idea floating around in my head, I'm going to take some time to make all the characters and the story before I contact Dragonator though. I'll give you guys a hint though, it's about SW.

Why? Where are we going? default_classic.gif

On a much more serious note, I would like to suggest that someone host a "beginners" mafia. There were a lot of inexperienced, first and second-timers that wanted to get into the Hogwarts game that couldn't (myself included). And with vets taking up spaces in every game, it will be hard for these newbies to gain any experience. Just a thought.

Also, I have the foundation in mind for a mafia that I think would make a decent setting. if anyone wanting to host needs a basis, come find me. I have no asperations of ever hosting one myself. Just make sure I get some credit. You could even pay me in LEGO, if you'd like. default_laugh_new.gif

What, like the POP one? Except without the bloodbath?

Why? Where are we going? :classic:

Also, I have the foundation in mind for a mafia that I think would make a decent setting. if anyone wanting to host needs a basis, come find me. I have no asperations of ever hosting one myself. Just make sure I get some credit. You could even pay me in LEGO, if you'd like. :laugh:

Hogwarts had people new to the games. For Matn, ADHO16, Lord Arjay, Oky Wan Kenobi, IlikePi, it was their first games. And many people were in it for a second time, such as sok117/hewkii9, badboytje88. So I complete disagree that any Mafia game penalizes new players.

Plus, why would it be fare to stop veterans from entering in a game. I've been denied entry in games before, but all you need do is wait till the next one.

Can't wait for the next mafia! Zepher, it's your turn next right?

default_huh.gif Where'd that come from? Last time I checked, it was Fangy next on the list, and Zepher wasn't even on the list. I want my money back!

No, of course it doesn't matter, but I am curious about how this happened.

Jimbee, apologises for the disappointment. I am not prepared for the next lineup due to many other ongoing EB commitments in here and other restrictions such as getting my scenes ready. Therefore, I have file a deferment request to Draggy.

Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone knows what requirments a member must have to host a Mafia game? After playing two, I've really taken a liking to the Forum Based Game, and Before I start drafting stories and ideas, I just wanted to know if I was technicly eligeble to host? I thank you in advanced for a quick response.

The answers so far say it all, however if you need any more clarification just drop me a PM. :classic:

This has actually been discussed before, many months ago, but nothing has been implemented yet. If there is sufficient continued interest in Mafia however, then I will be looking at allowing for a series of "Junior League" games aimed at beginners. Hopefully the turn out for the next Mafia game will give me some idea of whether there are enough dedicated forum members to allow for this or not. :wink:

As Fangy has mentioned, he isn't yet ready to host, and Shadows is definitely not in the right state of mind to be hosting currently! :laugh: After that, Quarry and Stash both have set times for their games, and I already have you yourself marked down for a slot next year. Zepher approached me with a unique game concept, and I'm happy to let that be a bit of a filler while some of the people on the list prepare themselves, rather than having a 3 month gap.

As a member who has been in many mafia games my opinion on Begginer mafia games or whatever, is that they will not be needed for a while. At the moment around 50 or so people sign up I think and then around 21 get into a game which is little less than half. I say that there should first of all be a rule that you must have X number of posts which would prove that you can be dedicated to playing. This would eliminate any people who sign up for the sake of it and aren't interested a month later. Also a beginners mafia will probably just turn out terrible with some players being completely inactive, others being silly and not taking there roles seriously. Also those would all mean that the ones wanting to play properly have a ruined experience and put them off mafia games. So for now I say leave the system as it is, but in the future when the amount of people signing up for a mafia game is far too many then we could just start to run two games at a time.

Oh and if you don't mind me asking Zepher, what is Your mafia game about?

Edited by Eskallon

Oh and if you don't mind me asking Zepher, what is Your mafia game about?

Being as Draggy said it was unique, and the name implies something of Eurobricks, me thinks it shall involves sig-figs.

Being as Draggy said it was unique, and the name implies something of Eurobricks, me thinks it shall involves sig-figs.

That would be a very interesting mafia game indeed. If that's not Zepher's idea, you should try to do that! I'd sign up for sure.

I say that there should first of all be a rule that you must have X number of posts which would prove that you can be dedicated to playing.

Why not make Wargames and Mafia a forum that requires a certain number of posts, say, 50, before you can actually post in it? I'm not sure if it is already, but I feel like that would work.

Why not make Wargames and Mafia a forum that requires a certain number of posts, say, 50, before you can actually post in it? I'm not sure if it is already, but I feel like that would work.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there have been people signing up to mafia games with more than 50 posts, who haven't really played actively. I think the answer is just the careful selection of players into a game by the host. Sandy's requirement to answer two simple questions provides a nice first selection mechanism already.

default_huh.gif Where'd that come from? Last time I checked, it was Fangy next on the list, and Zepher wasn't even on the list. I want my money back!

I dunno I was just looking at this.

Future Mafia Games

Zepher - Eurodina

WhiteFang - Scarlet Unification Mafia

Shadows - Pirate Mafia

Quarryman - TBA (December)

Stash2Sixx - TBA (Early 2011)

JimButcher - Werewolf Mafia

Hinckley - TBC

I assumed that that was the chronological order of things.

Yes sir, I'm next. Just back from a vacation, by the way..

Without giving too much away my game will be unlike any game hosted here before! More will be told when the time for sign-ups is here, but for one thing, all you complaining about there never being enough spots may be plesently surprised.

but for one thing, all you complaining about there never being enough spots may be plesently surprised.

Oh no, not the PoP mafiassacre all over again... :grin:

Yes sir, I'm next. Just back from a vacation, by the way..

Without giving too much away my game will be unlike any game hosted here before! More will be told when the time for sign-ups is here, but for one thing, all you complaining about there never being enough spots may be plesently surprised.

Yay! I hope to be part of it.

Jimbee, apologises for the disappointment. I am not prepared for the next lineup due to many other ongoing EB commitments in here and other restrictions such as getting my scenes ready. Therefore, I have file a deferment request to Draggy.

Really, it's no problem, Fangy. Take your time, I'm sure the extra time you've been given will make the game all the better. default_thumbup.gif

As Fangy has mentioned, he isn't yet ready to host, and Shadows is definitely not in the right state of mind to be hosting currently! :laugh: After that, Quarry and Stash both have set times for their games, and I already have you yourself marked down for a slot next year. Zepher approached me with a unique game concept, and I'm happy to let that be a bit of a filler while some of the people on the list prepare themselves, rather than having a 3 month gap.

Ah, I see. Well that works, though It'll be interesting to see how Zepher can throw all this together so quickly. default_laugh_new.gif

I dunno I was just looking at this.

I assumed that that was the chronological order of things.

I know. I'm saying that Zepher's name wasn't even on the list a few days ago.

Looking forward to this new idea, Zepher. default_thumbup.gif