Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

Sign-ups for the next game I'm running will be up on Monday!

I should be able to host Star Trek Mafia 2 as soon as possible. The TNG version. 

On 4/18/2019 at 6:42 PM, Thingyman said:

Hi everyone. I hope it's cool for me to post this here? If it should be posted elsewhere, or if I should be contacting someone about this, please let me know.

I'm hosting a very big Mafia Championship tournament, featuring 187 different sites, and would like to extend an invitation to your community. I'm hoping this is the best way to go about this.

The Mafia Championship is a super fun event that's been running since 2013. Over the years, 270+ communities, 50+ nationalities and 600+ representatives have participated. More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)

The concept, to explain it very briefly, is that each community elects one person to go represent them in the Championship. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented. If you're intrigued, feel free to volunteer yourself or nominate fellow community members. However you wanna decide a representative is completely up to you.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

The invitation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

On 4/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, Hinckley said:

Welcome! Thank you for reaching out to our community! How did you hear about us?

As a staff member, I approve your post and welcome you to stop by any time to give us Mafia community news. :thumbup:

It's that time of year again. It's time for Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

I've tried a few times over the years to get you guys in on the action and all the fun, but I've never quite been able to pull it off... I'm hoping maybe this will be the year where Eurobricks is represented at the world championship for the first time? :D

This year will feature 150 communities, and your representative would be playing in a game with 14 other players, hoping to advance from that to the semifinal and after that the final. But mostly it's just about having fun and making new connections. It really is something else playing mafia with people from all these other different places. The games are quite active, so you definitely need at least a couple of hours of free time each day that you can dedicate to the game (maybe that's easier during this Corona period though for some people, I can imagine). But on the other hand, you can completely decide when you want to play - any time between late April to mid June we will have the games, so if you have time somewhere in that time frame, you're good.

All it takes is one brave volunteer who wants to step up and represent Eurobricks.

And if you have any questions, just let me know :D

4 hours ago, Thingyman said:

It's that time of year again. It's time for Season 7 of the Mafia Championship.

I've tried a few times over the years to get you guys in on the action and all the fun, but I've never quite been able to pull it off... I'm hoping maybe this will be the year where Eurobricks is represented at the world championship for the first time? :D

This year will feature 150 communities, and your representative would be playing in a game with 14 other players, hoping to advance from that to the semifinal and after that the final. But mostly it's just about having fun and making new connections. It really is something else playing mafia with people from all these other different places. The games are quite active, so you definitely need at least a couple of hours of free time each day that you can dedicate to the game (maybe that's easier during this Corona period though for some people, I can imagine). But on the other hand, you can completely decide when you want to play - any time between late April to mid June we will have the games, so if you have time somewhere in that time frame, you're good.

All it takes is one brave volunteer who wants to step up and represent Eurobricks.

And if you have any questions, just let me know :D

I think we can try to get someone in, especially with the deadline being the 27th. 

3 hours ago, Bob said:

I think we can try to get someone in, especially with the deadline being the 27th. 

Awesome, I'm crossing my fingers :D

I can see there hasn't been too much interest in this, which is a shame, though I don't know if you're maybe discussing this privately in other places.

One way of kickstarting this could maybe be for people to nominate other players from here that they'd think would be a good representative? :)

4 hours ago, Thingyman said:

I can see there hasn't been too much interest in this, which is a shame

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think that one of the main things is that we play mafia for fun here not on a "pro" level. We just want to have a good time. Your last post where I think you said a person would have to read 900 posts in a day and figure things out, that's not really what we are use to. A person would have to take a vacation day from work and family to accomplish that sort of thing :classic: We are generally much more laid back in our games and our day phase is usually 72 hours with a 48 hour night phase.

18 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I think that one of the main things is that we play mafia for fun here not on a "pro" level. We just want to have a good time. Your last post where I think you said a person would have to read 900 posts in a day and figure things out, that's not really what we are use to. A person would have to take a vacation day from work and family to accomplish that sort of thing :classic: We are generally much more laid back in our games and our day phase is usually 72 hours with a 48 hour night phase.

Thanks for the reply, Darkdragon.

I hear what you're saying. These games are, admittedly, somewhat serious, but what I mostly like about the series is its ability to create new friendships and bonds between communities. There are new friends to be made out there. It has even resulted in a marriage - and they just recently had their first child :D

So there is no pressure to conform, and a lot of other communities are very much like yours - chill and laidback. The seriousness mostly has to do with the activity, as you mention, so indeed the person would need to have some free time. I hope that maybe one among you has that - maybe the current situation frees up some time? I'm at least working from home and have more time than usual :P 

Well, good news is we had a volunteer. Bad news is they had to drop out again unfortunately :D 

So a last ditch effort here: Anyone at all out there who'd be up for the experience? :D

So when are we getting that anonymous Hinckley character game?

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

After Darkdragon's game, which should be freakin' awesome.

6 hours ago, KotZ said:

We all have to play anonymously as Hinckley?

14 minutes ago, fhomess said:

We all have to play anonymously as Hinckley?

No, I'm anonymously playing every character...in my own game. :snicker:

dqpe17Z.pngfinally a snazzy banner!

Coming very soon, EB's first Mystery game in a very long time. Keep in mind that mysteries are very different than mafia, and when I post the sign up thread I'll make sure to post all the differences and rules. 

On 7/22/2020 at 9:43 PM, Bob said:

dqpe17Z.pngfinally a snazzy banner!

Coming very soon, EB's first Mystery game in a very long time. Keep in mind that mysteries are very different than mafia, and when I post the sign up thread I'll make sure to post all the differences and rules. 

Ooooooo I like space ships :oh: so shiiiiiny :oh: 

Can't wait! Either to play or to watch! :grin_wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

So who are we sending game pitches/questions to these days? It doesn't look like @Dragonator has been on in over a month.

I'd recommend Darkdragon, Fhomess, or I guess I could review it too.