Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

I wouldn’t mind trying to host a game at some point. Get the experience to host more games. 

I’ve got quite a list of themes for games I’ve been compiling over the years. Most recently I’ve become inspired on one after watching the wonderful show “The Terror”. 

My first time would probably be janky but I imagine people would be okay with that.

Edited by Forresto

On 12/20/2018 at 6:50 PM, KotZ said:

Our fantastic Dragonator just gave me the green for a new game, and I'll have sign-ups after Christmas. *insert ticking clock*

24logo.png

A new game so quick? I am delightfully surprised. 

On 12/21/2018 at 8:51 AM, Bob said:

Fantastic! Takes me off the hot seat! I'd encourage more people that have never hosted before but have been involved in recent mafia games to take a shot at hosting! 

If you're worried about it being a daunting task, don't be! 

I have been thinking of maybe hosting. I feel sometime in the summer would be the best as I am less busy then. 

I'll be ready to host a game after you, KotZ. I've had an approval since I finished hosting the Imperial Officers Mafia. It'll hopefully be different to other games you may have played. 

12 hours ago, Bob said:

I'll be ready to host a game after you, KotZ. I've had an approval since I finished hosting the Imperial Officers Mafia. It'll hopefully be different to other games you may have played. 

Nice. That gives me time to put some thought into my next game, which I'm tentatively calling "Battle of the Bands Mafia". Expect to see a Scandinavian death metal band, a bagpipe soloist, a Showa era idol, and a theremin performer all in a mafia game sometime soon. :sweet:

Does anyone know how to bypass the merged replies feature?  That's proving to be a problem for my new Mafia Games Index thread...

Cosplay Mafia 3.  Would you play? :sweet:

3 hours ago, def said:

Yours truly. Most def'.

Btw nice avatar :laugh_hard:

I'm thinking of Hosting again sometime soon too. Not settled on the visuals or date yet, but soon. 

~Insectoid Aristocrat

5 hours ago, def said:

Sure, but the last time I played in your game I died in the introduction. :laugh:

8 hours ago, def said:

So long as I don't get sued for mafia theme theft. :poke:

I was considering running a quick 12-person mafia game. It seems the other interested hosts need at least a month. If nobody else is interested in hosting, I could start a signup tomorrow. Let me know if there was something planned that I wasn't aware of.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:40 PM, fhomess said:

Does anyone know how to bypass the merged replies feature?  That's proving to be a problem for my new Mafia Games Index thread...

@fhomess I can help you with that. Let me know what you need.

48 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

@fhomess I can help you with that. Let me know what you need.

Thanks, though I don't really need it anymore.  I got the expanded mafia games index up... just took a bit longer.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

Thanks, though I don't really need it anymore.  I got the expanded mafia games index up... just took a bit longer.

:blush: Yeah, I saw that. Sorry nobody noticed your request. Nice work!

23 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I was considering running a quick 12-person mafia game. It seems the other interested hosts need at least a month. If nobody else is interested in hosting, I could start a signup tomorrow. Let me know if there was something planned that I wasn't aware of.

I'm in.  As long as you promise not to mess with our heads like bob did ...

I'll go take some pictures and get a sign-up thread started. :sweet:

Hi everyone. I hope it's cool for me to post this here? If it should be posted elsewhere, or if I should be contacting someone about this, please let me know.

I'm hosting a very big Mafia Championship tournament, featuring 187 different sites, and would like to extend an invitation to your community. I'm hoping this is the best way to go about this.

The Mafia Championship is a super fun event that's been running since 2013. Over the years, 270+ communities, 50+ nationalities and 600+ representatives have participated. More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)

The concept, to explain it very briefly, is that each community elects one person to go represent them in the Championship. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented. If you're intrigued, feel free to volunteer yourself or nominate fellow community members. However you wanna decide a representative is completely up to you.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

The invitation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Welcome! Thank you for reaching out to our community! How did you hear about us?

As a staff member, I approve your post and welcome you to stop by any time to give us Mafia community news. :thumbup:

I found you through Google, actually :D

Thanks for approving the post, that's very appreciated. I'm hoping that someone from here will be interested in representing Eurobricks :)

2 minutes ago, Thingyman said:

@Hinckley - I don't suppose you'd be interested, or that you'd have any nominations? :)

I am thinking about it. If I'm not available I can definitely contact some folks.

You can completely decide these things:
- Whether the game has American or European friendly deadlines.
- Whether the game should start April 29, May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27, June 3, June 10, June 17
- Whether the game should have 12-hour/12-hour day and night phases, or 36/12, 48/24 or 72/24

On 4/18/2019 at 5:42 PM, Thingyman said:

Hi everyone. I hope it's cool for me to post this here? If it should be posted elsewhere, or if I should be contacting someone about this, please let me know.

I'm hosting a very big Mafia Championship tournament, featuring 187 different sites, and would like to extend an invitation to your community. I'm hoping this is the best way to go about this.

The Mafia Championship is a super fun event that's been running since 2013. Over the years, 270+ communities, 50+ nationalities and 600+ representatives have participated. More importantly, it has created strong bonds between communities, resulted in countless friendships, and it has even led to people getting married, believe it or not :)

The concept, to explain it very briefly, is that each community elects one person to go represent them in the Championship. I'd be stoked to see you guys represented. If you're intrigued, feel free to volunteer yourself or nominate fellow community members. However you wanna decide a representative is completely up to you.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

The invitation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Welcome!  This sounds great, would love to see our community represented in this. :dsweet: