Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

Definitely, we were doing good at having a game every couple months and then the summer came and nothing. I am down and exited for any upcoming Mafia game 

4 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Where's that tumbleweed gif when you need it? 

I'm thinking of running something in October, and I'm leaning heavily on an unofficial sequel to def's Cosplay Mafia School called Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia: The Unofficial Sequel. It'll be pretty light in plot similar to the last game I ran and the theme is more or less dressing for actual Mafia shenanigans. Anyone around here still interested in playing a game of Mafia?

I'm not sure at the moment if I'll have the time, but if i do I'll be sure to sign up! :moar: Haven't played mafia in a while. 

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Where's that tumbleweed gif when you need it? 

I'm thinking of running something in October, and I'm leaning heavily on an unofficial sequel to def's Cosplay Mafia School called Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia: The Unofficial Sequel. It'll be pretty light in plot similar to the last game I ran and the theme is more or less dressing for actual Mafia shenanigans. Anyone around here still interested in playing a game of Mafia?

yes sing me up, however I didn't really complete mafia school

Edited by Foreman

I’m up for that too :thumbup:, we’ve had little bit of a lull over the summer, so it’ll be good to get into the mafia spirit again.

Good to hear that there's some interest still in Mafia games!

15 hours ago, Foreman said:

No need to worry. At this point I don't think anyone's really picky about who has and hasn't finished a Mafia School game. My advice would be to read a game or two of Mafia School and see how the game is played, as well as doing some research into the game's roles and how it's played if you haven't done your own investigating already..

Edited by Kintobor

On 9/11/2018 at 9:54 AM, Foreman said:

Don't worry, I don't think I've ever passed a game of Mafia School either. 

On 9/12/2018 at 1:54 AM, Kintobor said:

Good to hear that there's some interest still in Mafia games!

No need to worry. At this point I don't think anyone's really picky about who has and hasn't finished a Mafia School game. My advice would be to read a game or two of Mafia School and see how the game is played, as well as doing some research into the game's roles and how it's played if you haven't done your own investigating already..

Are the roles the same each game? or is the host allowed to change them

1 hour ago, Foreman said:

Are the roles the same each game? or is the host allowed to change them

There's generally roles that are consistent throughout most games. You'll be given a role at random at the start of each game that's either Town or Mafia. Some games have a third party role, such as the Serial Killer.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Game_of_Mafia

This is a great starting place to learn Mafia. They have an extensive list of roles as well that you'll typically see in Mafia.

Edited by Kintobor

UPDATE: Just sent in the game request to Dragonator. We'll see how this goes. :classic:

As much as I love good ol' Sam Jackson, I'm in need of a new profile pic too :laugh: Good to see some more game son the horizon. 

I sent a message out to Dragonator on the 10th of October to get their approval for the game. I have not received a PM back, and Dragonator hasn't been online for the past twenty days. :sceptic: I'm not quite sure at this point what my options are, but I can't run it without Dragonator's approval.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

I sent a message out to Dragonator on the 10th of October to get their approval for the game. I have not received a PM back, and Dragonator hasn't been online for the past twenty days. :sceptic: I'm not quite sure at this point what my options are, but I can't run it without Dragonator's approval.

Try PMing one of the other Moderators that's mafia friendly. Dragonator is extremely busy these past few days with work. 

I would think that there would be a couple of folks who could moderate this thing as a group.  Kintober's not a new host and there are no other games running, so this is probably just a rubber stamp.

18 minutes ago, fhomess said:

Huzzah!

Kintober... why isn't the sign up thread up yet?  :laugh:

Yes! Rabble rabble where is it rabble rabble.

If there's not a game already planned by someone or if nobody wishes to host one, I can throw a quick one together. I've got a few ideas. 

10 minutes ago, Bob said:

If there's not a game already planned by someone or if nobody wishes to host one, I can throw a quick one together. I've got a few ideas. 

Our fantastic Dragonator just gave me the green for a new game, and I'll have sign-ups after Christmas. *insert ticking clock*

24logo.png

13 hours ago, KotZ said:

Our fantastic Dragonator just gave me the green for a new game, and I'll have sign-ups after Christmas. *insert ticking clock*

Fantastic! Takes me off the hot seat! I'd encourage more people that have never hosted before but have been involved in recent mafia games to take a shot at hosting! 

If you're worried about it being a daunting task, don't be! 

I've been thinking about hosting one but haven't had time to put anything together yet.

On another note, I've compiled information to populate the Mafia Games Index with ALL of the games it's missing to date.  All the way back to 2014 and up to and including Kintober's Cosplay Mafia.  I sent Draggy a note, so hopefully he can give me access to that thread or I can start a new one and someone can merge it.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:50 PM, KotZ said:

Color me interested