Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

I am always up for more games!

Same! This has been a lot of fun so far. :sweet:

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

If I wanted to pitch a game, who do I pitch it to? Dragonator, I assume?

From Index:

“If you are interested in hosting a Role-Play game, then you will need to contact the Games Moderator (Dragonator) privately. Hosting a game is a big responsibility, and permission to host will not be granted lightly. If you want to seriously be considered as a future game host, you need to have a clear understanding of the rules and the role a host plays in the game, and to have demonstrated your ability to show deep thinking and imagination in crafting a fun and exciting game to play. You then need to provide a game summary to the Games Moderator, outlining your idea in such a way that it does not give away any crucial plot details or prevents anyone who reads it from playing the game. You will be required to invest a lot of time and effort into creating character roles and building scenery and sets for the game. Lastly, the game will need to be produced in an aesthetically pleasing and professional manner. It must be carefully planned and well executed to make the game enjoyable for the players.”

Thanks @mediumsnowman, this was really helpful!

I don't have my entire collection on me at the time, but I think I have enough to go with. I'm busy until late on Sunday, so hopefully we'll have signups out in a few weeks. 

Wish me luck! :classic:

4 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Thanks @mediumsnowman, this was really helpful!

I don't have my entire collection on me at the time, but I think I have enough to go with. I'm busy until late on Sunday, so hopefully we'll have signups out in a few weeks. 

Wish me luck! :classic:

:moar: Hopefully I'll be available by then.

Just sent the pitch! The way it's going, it looks like we might have a new Mafia School game coming soon if everything goes according to plan. :sweet:

Are there any current plans to run a game of Mafia? I'm thinking of running a game of The Resistance in a bit if there's interest, seeing as how last time I couldn't get 15 players for a Mafia School game. 

Hi everyone! After a long hiatus, I will be hosting a mafia game! Yes, even though I’m away from my entire collection while I’m in graduate school in another country, I’ve brought back with me a few hastily made sets, some figures, and my mafia equipment and I’m ready to host a game. 

The theme is Imperial Officers Mafia (name is a potential WIP but it’s so lame I may keep it) It’ll take place at some point before the destruction of the first Death Star. Bear this in mind, although this will be a Star Wars Mafia, I don’t know anything about Star Wars beyond what was in the films and a little bit of the old Expanded Universe. 

So if you want to play in a low budget mafia game where there will be countless factual errors when it comes to Star Wars lore, sign-ups should appear within the week!

A Star Wars themed mafia game!? Sounds great! Looking forward to see it coming up.

I had thought of hosting a Star Wars themed Mafia, but maybe that'll be shelved if one's being hosted. I'd be more than interested in joining! :thumbup:

On 6/2/2018 at 12:28 PM, Foreman said:

when is the next Mafia school?

The last mafia school was in March I think, and before that I have no idea. Maybe 3 years ago. If I were you I would just sign up for whatever mafia game pops up next. 

On 6/4/2018 at 5:33 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

The last mafia school was in March I think, and before that I have no idea. Maybe 3 years ago. If I were you I would just sign up for whatever mafia game pops up next. 

^This. Mafia games are pretty accepting of new players, anymore, since there's so few of them. (This whole part of the forum could use a revival, really!)

I've wanted to host one myself, but I'm bereft of parts+time. (Also, I forget if I would qualify, experience-wise...but I think I would?)

I know I promised to host a new game if nobody hosted within the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any plans to host immediately, please let me know. If not, I can put the signups up in the next week or so, if there’s enough interest. (And I get permission!)

I plan on ordering a few more Imperial officer uniforms and I’ll have to order some new faces. Hoping that everyone reprises their character, provided that they didn’t die. 

I'm planning the Elves Mafia for July at the earliest, so on my behalf please go ahead with the hosting, Bob. :thumbup:

Thinking about it, I believe I’m going to hold off on the sequel for right now. I’ll plan on hosting it in the coming months, I believe. 

On 6/11/2018 at 5:24 PM, Sandy said:

I'm planning the Elves Mafia for July at the earliest, so on my behalf please go ahead with the hosting, Bob. :thumbup:

:wub:

An update on Imperial Officers Mafia 2.

1) It won't be called Imperial Officers Mafia 2, even though it will be its spiritual successor, it will be...

REBEL OFFICERS MAFIA

2) I am planning it after Sandy's Elves Mafia, for the simple fact that I've not returned to my full collection and won't for at least a month. 

I'm looking forward to Elves Mafia, and I'm going to begin starting work on the sequel mafia shortly. 

Where's that tumbleweed gif when you need it? 

I'm thinking of running something in October, and I'm leaning heavily on an unofficial sequel to def's Cosplay Mafia School called Kintobor's Cosplay Mafia: The Unofficial Sequel. It'll be pretty light in plot similar to the last game I ran and the theme is more or less dressing for actual Mafia shenanigans. Anyone around here still interested in playing a game of Mafia?