Dragonator

General Discussion and Announcements

Hey, i am sort of new her, and dont really get how to play this game?

Here's some info about Mafai games http://wiki.mafiascu...title=Main_Page

These are closed games meaning you have to sign up and be accepted to play, but feel free to follow along by reading day threads. To get a better idea how the games work on EB, the best way as a viewer is to read a Mafia School game.

I'm new to EB RPGs, I'm looking to start my own soon. Does anybody have any tips for starting something like this?

I'm new to EB RPGs, I'm looking to start my own soon. Does anybody have any tips for starting something like this?

Permission, permission, permission. That's the first thing you need.

I'd advise you to read through this thread. It has some excellent points as to where a person should start with such a project.

Exactly what RPG theme did you have in mind?

Permission, permission, permission. That's the first thing you need.

I'd advise you to read through this thread. It has some excellent points as to where a person should start with such a project.

Exactly what RPG theme did you have in mind?

Thanks for the advise, I'm working on a CW universe DC RPG, but with all characters currently introduced into the tv series as their comic counterparts, like The Atom and Firefly

I have a question I'm not sure who to ask but how would I be able to host a game? I intend to have it like this but based around different themes and genres. I intend to have it so when people die, it tells their role though so people get an understanding of who they lynch or dies. But do I have to have any qualifications to host one? And for the record, I don't intend to host one soon so could I host one (if I'm able to) maybe around or after December?

From Dragonator's post in the index thread:

If you are interested in hosting a Mafia game, then you will need to contact the Games Moderator (Dragonator) privately. Hosting a Mafia game is a big responsibility, and permission to host will not be granted lightly. If you want to seriously be considered as a future game host, you need to have displayed your competence at Mafia game playing in several games (at least 3 full games), have a clear understanding of the rules and the role a host plays in the game, and to have demonstrated your ability to show deep thinking and imagination in crafting a fun and exciting game to play. You then need to provide a game summary to the Games Moderator, outlining your idea in such a way that it does not give away any crucial plot details or prevents anyone who reads it from playing the game. You will also need to provide a banner for the game, the rules you intend to use and let me know your Mafia experience as well as why you think you would make a good host. You will be required to invest a lot of time and effort into creating character roles and building scenery and sets for the game. Lastly, the game will need to be produced in an aesthetically pleasing and professional manner. It must be carefully planned and well executed to make the game enjoyable for the players.

Waiting on the Christmas mafia to start...

Hello! Just wanted to stop by and say that I am so glad these RPG's are still around. I remember when they were first created and brought here; I played in the first few games. :blush:

Does anyone know if Hinckley is still hosting any games? He was fantastic at it!

Hello! I am a bit of a newbie to EB mafia games, but I have an idea on how to possibly improve it:

The standing rule is that you cannot edit your posts. This leads to lots of typos and lots of bad spelling and grammar that must be corrected in separate posts. I was thinking that since you can see the exact time when someone edited their post, the rule could be changed so that a player can edit their posts up to 3 minutes after making it. This gives them time to correct any typos, or fix anything they need, without giving them the chance to significantly alter the game's history. It would be easy to enforce since the exact time of editing can be viewed by everyone.

Maybe this is a stupid idea, I don't know. I'm honestly just throwing it out there for discussion.

But you could significantly change the game's history by deciding to take back something you said - we can't enforce "spelling and grammar only" and, to be honest, I am not particularly offended by spelling and grammar mistakes, even on Eurobricks as a whole.

I have a little query. Supposing an investigator investigated a Neutral player. What result would they get?

I have a little query. Supposing an investigator investigated a Neutral player. What result would they get?

The exact wording is up to the Host. Typically the result will show as 'Neutral'. They could also opt to show as 'Not Town' as well. The Host should have pre-planned on what result will be given.

Hello! I am a bit of a newbie to EB mafia games, but I have an idea on how to possibly improve it:

The standing rule is that you cannot edit your posts. This leads to lots of typos and lots of bad spelling and grammar that must be corrected in separate posts. I was thinking that since you can see the exact time when someone edited their post, the rule could be changed so that a player can edit their posts up to 3 minutes after making it. This gives them time to correct any typos, or fix anything they need, without giving them the chance to significantly alter the game's history. It would be easy to enforce since the exact time of editing can be viewed by everyone.

Maybe this is a stupid idea, I don't know. I'm honestly just throwing it out there for discussion.

The best way to not have errors in your post is to slow down, take your time, and think about what you are saying. :wink: There is no reason to rush, the reply window doesn't have a countdown timer.

The exact wording is up to the Host. Typically the result will show as 'Neutral'. They could also opt to show as 'Not Town' as well. The Host should have pre-planned on what result will be given.

OK, thanks. I was curious as to whether it would say "Neutral", "Not Town" or "No result"

OK, thanks. I was curious as to whether it would say "Neutral", "Not Town" or "No result"

It depends on how the host wants to handle it.

If the host wants to balance toward the neutral, results will be scum/not scum.

If the host wants to balance against the neutral, results will be town/not town.

If the host wants to stay neutral, results will be town/neutral/scum.

I prefer the first way when hosting.

It depends on how the host wants to handle it.

If the host wants to balance toward the neutral, results will be scum/not scum.

If the host wants to balance against the neutral, results will be town/not town.

If the host wants to stay neutral, results will be town/neutral/scum.

I prefer the first way when hosting.

Yeah, the first way does sound more fair

This Summer (May)

Classic Mafia

Coming Soon, Banner Pending

DON'T JOKE AROUND WITH THE MAFIA! - LegoFellas - Brickfilm

Hi davide. While your enthusiasm is appreciated, your post in Brick Flicks & Comics is plenty and the appropriate place to post an animation. We prefer you don't repost things in multiple forums.

mainstreetmafia.png

(yes, another stereotypically bad Bob Mafia banner)

Coming Bob sucks, in May.