1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1) Poor
    • 2) Below Average
    • 3) Average
    • 4) Above Average
    • 5) Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

That's my first review, so don't be too harsh :wink:

I bought the Lamborghini for 61,27 € (~ 75 USD) on amazon.fr, the set contains 801 pieces which means 0,076 € (~0,093 USD) per piece. But probably it can be found also cheaper.

Front:

1obde.jpg

Back:

2pxee.jpg

The instructions and the sticker sheet. There are many stickers but they give a great amount of detail to the car.

31byi.jpg

Random pages of the instruction-booklets:

48y73.jpg

53x7x.jpg

Every bag is numbered – a great help.

6i9tk.jpg

The silvery parts for the exhaust pipes.

70as2.jpg

Building in progress (actuallly the pics are a little bit too bright, in reality the blue is darker, sorry):

87bmc.jpg

949q9.jpg

14r931.jpg

The remaining pieces:

154m59.jpg

Complete car:

10t9oa.jpg

11rxsg.jpg

12pzk9.jpg

13vy7t.jpg

sta62297fj57.jpg

sta6229887is.jpg

sta623056k5m.jpg

sta62310uvxo.jpg

sta62293rmbr.jpg

The officer is posing with is new car:

sta62315jkmk.jpg

sta62318bk0v.jpg

sta62319z856.jpg

sta62323dwy9.jpg

Final thoughts:

I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes putting it together.

One piece was missing, I don't know if it wasn't included or I lost it, but since it is a very common one I think i can replace it.

In my opinion the age rating (9 years) is too low, there could be some very tricky parts for little children, especially with the stickers they could have problems. If a kid wants to build this car it definitely needs help from an older person.

The doors, the engine hood and the trunk can be opened. In the trunk there's a extinguisher and a box for the transport of vitals (there are some of these round Lego pieces in the colors red and clear in it, a bit macabre :wink: ), in the cockpit is a radio, a speed camera and a traffic paddle. Behind the seats (it’s possible to bend them) is a defibrillator and a red piece which I don’t know what it’s meant to be.

The Lamborghini is very detailed, and the playability is good, since the car is stable, the only negative thing: it's not possible to steer the frontwheels.

The build was fun, and since the bags are numbered not too complicated. Overall the car is a great set for display. Just he cockpit could need a little improvement with an extra sticker regarding the tachometer. But overall a very good set, worth buying.

I give it a 9 out of 10.

This is an interesting set to me.

It's not only a great car (I usually like Lamborghini more than Ferrari) but also a faithful rendition of a special version.

I wouldn't be interested if it was "just an ordinary car" (like the yellow Lambo we already had), but this one is tempting. I'm not spending 50 Euros on it, but if I'd it on sale I could hardly resist.

Thanks for the review.

Great review 'The Butcher'! pirate_thumbup.gif I appreciate this set more upon seeing your review. The car is simply lovely, though I prefer the previous yellow one.

Thanks for this up close look at the Lamborghini Polizia! :thumbup:

These cars that TLC are producing seem to look better and better all the time, and this Lamborghini seems like an improvement over the LP560-4. I'm especially glad to see brick built front headlights this time around. Should there be any more incarnations of this car in the future, it will be interesting to see what sort of building techniques are used to help eliminate sticker usage.

Considering the dimensions and piece count used for the model, the overall shape of the car is captured relatively well. At this point I'd say my biggest complaint about the look of the car is the rims that bulge out past the sides of the tires.

Finally, I think it's nice to see a special version of a car represented. Also, the extra accessories in this set are neat touch as well.

Great review, I picked this set up today and think its great too, just need to assemble it now :)

These cars that TLC are producing seem to look better and better all the time, and this Lamborghini seems like an improvement over the LP560-4. I'm especially glad to see brick built front headlights this time around. Should there be any more incarnations of this car in the future, it will be interesting to see what sort of building techniques are used to help eliminate sticker usage.

The headlights are looking pretty good, I just saw the other Lamborghini on pictures but compared to the stickers the bricks are imho much better.

A really big Lamborghini (kind of a UCS) would be great.

Edited by Dr.Butcher

Firstly - loved your review :)

Just built this model and am very impressed - lots of detail and just a well thought out build!

Stickers are pretty annoying - especially ones that cover multiple pieces so that they can't really be taken apart once constructed.

Love the engine, doors and most of all the seat - very realistic.

On minor complaint (and would be interested in other's thoughts) is that when you open the boot, it sometimes also lifts one of the side pillars which aren't securely fastened. Haven't really explained that well - but for those with the model, you'll know what I mean :) Would also be better if the wheels were flush with the body.

These are minor quiblles though and this is a highly recommended purchase.

Firstly - loved your review :)

thanks

Stickers are pretty annoying - especially ones that cover multiple pieces so that they can't really be taken apart once constructed.

If you want to take the car apart, sure the stickers will be a problem. But finally that's the only way to give the car an accurate look.

On minor complaint (and would be interested in other's thoughts) is that when you open the boot, it sometimes also lifts one of the side pillars which aren't securely fastened. Haven't really explained that well - but for those with the model, you'll know what I mean :) Would also be better if the wheels were flush with the body.

I don't have that issue with the boot, on my set everything works fine.

This is a good review, Dr. Butcher! :thumbup:

I never knew this set existed, but it sure is beautiful! Lambos are my favourite cars, and to see one in LEGO with Police deco is fantastic! :cry_happy:

Thanks for the review 'Dr Butcher' - a much better set than last years yellow one !

It's the detail to everything off the engine to it's police stripes and finally all it's police/rescue accessories.

Excellent set which has all ready sold out on an early release at Myer with in days of it hitting the shelves.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I am SO glad I bought this set, looks GREAT (and once I finally take it to bits, I get a pile of nifty parts to use in my MOCs, like the exhaust pipes, the 2 x 2 tile with stud in blue and others)

I own both lamborghini sets and I just cant stand wheels. They don't flow together. :( I'd rate 9 out of 10. Thanks for sharing btw!

Is that a sticker on a sticker or is the front printed? It's kind of boring so I shall not buy it.

Is that a sticker on a sticker or is the front printed? It's kind of boring so I shall not buy it.

On the boot there are two stickers, the Lamborghini-sign and the white triangle. The Lamborghini-sign is not a sticker on the triangle-sticker, they are separated.